Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
Woke up in a cold sweat. FO currency. >

Woke up in a cold sweat. FO currency.

Search
Notices

Woke up in a cold sweat. FO currency.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 08:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Default Woke up in a cold sweat. FO currency.

I opted out of the landings program because I'm senior and I like to plan my rest. But for the past 2 months I've been getting so many untriggered reassignments to IRO that now I'll go non-current next month during my vacation. I even traded into a lower paying trip to try and fix this but was reassigned there too. We've already bought non-refundable cruise ship tickets but I'm considering canceling because I don't want to risk 60 days without pay should I go non-current. I PDR'd it but was told 20-R-6-c-(5) of Contract 2022 won't apply unless my final trip is reassigned. Well, it was happening so much I rolled the dice hoping for a reassignment to IRO. As it happened that's the only one I wasn't reassigned on, I got a landing, and that got me an extra 2 days currency which is no help. Has this happened to anyone else? Something seems wrong.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Good grief, even your “ghost of Christmas future” posts have all the drama of junior high girls bathroom. Maybe you noticed that TA1 got sent back, paused, swept under the rug or whatever they call it.

Anyway, if that language had passed and you’re senior like you say: Trip trade, pickup, or plan better.

If TA2 includes that language, be sure to repost.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by awax View Post
Good grief, even your “ghost of Christmas future” posts have all the drama of junior high girls bathroom. Maybe you noticed that TA1 got sent back, paused, swept under the rug or whatever they call it.

Anyway, if that language had passed and you’re senior like you say: Trip trade, pickup, or plan better.

If TA2 includes that language, be sure to repost.
If the survey is any indication TA2 will be TA1 with the pay rates crossed out in crayon and replaced with the exact percentage raise they think they need to get the original POS passed.
Old 08-29-2022, 01:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by 01110011 View Post
If the survey is any indication TA2 will be TA1 with the pay rates crossed out in crayon and replaced with the exact percentage raise they think they need to get the original POS passed.

And when it is, we should deal with the reality of the situation. Recall & replace is in progress now, that’s reality.

As a suggestion, maybe we consider what it is we needed for a TA to be successful successful rather than making a soap opera out of what’s unacceptable.

If we see untriggered reassignments in TA2, do ya think we’ll recognize it?
Old 08-31-2022, 04:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: 787 FO

Originally Posted by awax View Post
As a suggestion, maybe we consider what it is we needed for a TA to be successful successful rather than making a soap opera out of what’s unacceptable.
People have listed all kinds of components to a successful TA. Perhaps you are the one being dramatic.