Search
Notices

A week from Nov 1 - too quiet

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 06:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by hummingbear View Post
New MEC email just answered my question.
People shouldn’t be surprised that we won’t have an agreement by November 1. All the deadline was for is counting the votes, not to have an acceptable replacement. They’ll count the votes, TA1 will be a thing of the past, and we’ll play the long game to get a better deal. We are asking for significant labor cost increases. The company will wait to see what is in the AA deal, and what their pilot response is. We’ll find out after that what Kirby is willing to pay for United Next. If we come to an agreement, he can staff the expansion and United Next could become a reality. If not he will continue to have unfilled captain and WB vacancies and training department staffing issues. The ball is in their court now and this could take a while.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:05 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: Power Isosceles

Looking forward to the final tally for the Tumi TA!
Old 10-25-2022, 07:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by johnwick View Post
Just hope by some type of epic fail it doesn't pass or get close enough that causes the company to "dig in" even more than they are now.

Let's put out the word to make sure and log in to make sure your vote still says no, or show any 'yes' voters the error of their ways.
Old 10-25-2022, 10:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
100% agree...."Give us the economics to put AA out of business..."
Who said this?
Old 10-26-2022, 04:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

Originally Posted by mikea72580 View Post
Sharing is caring…for non-United folks.

The email said the company has chosen not to respond to the latest proposal and is waiting to see what happens with the AA TA. As a result the only path remaining is to complete the vote on the current TA and present the results to the company.

I'm not sure what this means for the future path, although the union is finally galvanizing the troops to get ready for picketing and ultimately a strike vote. Now Lewbronski's point is coming to fruition. UAL-ALPA's failure to move to a request for mediation will possibly cost us dearly. Honestly I am genuinely surprised because as I mentioned above should AA pass their TA and make it official then AA will have an enormous advantage in first year pay for quite some time so why would new hires want to come to UAL during that period.

Well at least we'll likely get our paltry 5% raise come May 1st.
Old 10-26-2022, 05:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post
The email said the company has chosen not to respond to the latest proposal and is waiting to see what happens with the AA TA. As a result the only path remaining is to complete the vote on the current TA and present the results to the company.

I'm not sure what this means for the future path, although the union is finally galvanizing the troops to get ready for picketing and ultimately a strike vote. Now Lewbronski's point is coming to fruition. UAL-ALPA's failure to move to a request for mediation will possibly cost us dearly. Honestly I am genuinely surprised because as I mentioned above should AA pass their TA and make it official then AA will have an enormous advantage in first year pay for quite some time so why would new hires want to come to UAL during that period.

Well at least we'll likely get our paltry 5% raise come May 1st.
Unless AA changes their longevity and 1st year retirement structure, UA new hires would still make significantly more over the first 2 years. They don’t move to second year pay until a year after the expected end of training (so 15-16 months). I don’t believe they get retirement contributions in the first year (not 100% certain) unless they came from a WO.
Old 10-26-2022, 06:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by johnwick View Post

Yup.....should have happened WEEKS ago.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Transition

Originally Posted by That Guy 74 View Post
Yup.....should have happened WEEKS ago.
Mmmm… months ago.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by GPullR View Post
Not buying it. If that's the case then just resign before ballots come out. And don't fight tooth and nail like EWR after you are outed. They all want to stay on their gravy train.
You mean you don’t like it? What exactly don’t you buy? The recalls are happening, yet incumbents aren’t resigning.

Now the flood of last decade’s ALPA failures are making a bum rush. Would you step aside for Wendy, Garry, Jerry, and the like? Our collective memories are that short?
Old 10-26-2022, 10:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Anyone else ever get the feeling that watching UALPA is like watching a 3rd world power struggle?