Notices

From the AA Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 03:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain
Default From the AA Forum

[/QUOTE]United was within 48 hours of announcing 15/5/5. SK has put the brakes on it since AA has a pending agreement. All eyes are on AA, and the short-term future of the profession is on the shoulders of the AA pilots.
[QUOTE]

Has anyone here heard this? Or did this guy pull this outta his a$$??
Old 10-26-2022, 04:03 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

United was within 48 hours of announcing 15/5/5. SK has put the brakes on it since AA has a pending agreement. All eyes are on AA, and the short-term future of the profession is on the shoulders of the AA pilots.

Has anyone here heard this? Or did this guy pull this outta his a$$??
I heard the 15/5/5 rumor too. I didn’t hear the rest. Maybe there’s some truth to it 🤷‍♂️
Old 10-26-2022, 04:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: B-737

Well if it's on the AA forum it must be true... who knows.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2022, 04:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2022

Could AA even afford to snap to that?
Old 10-26-2022, 05:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Seems unlikely. Don’t know how that would have leaked, & even if SK wanted 15/5/5 I’d hope the union would have turned that down.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:53 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

AA TA sucks...sick time, vacation, work rules its basically our contract with tweaks...15/5/5 isn't gonna cut it for me ad the uniform trial is a slap in the face...fly safe...

PS I'll see you on the slopes and beach during the holidays again...blue flu coming on...
Old 10-27-2022, 04:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: EWR 777 Captain

I admit to being woefully uneducated as to the exact process ruling TAs etc, but is there a reason UAL would not be allowed to offer a new TA AFTER Nov. 1st? Is it necessary to start from scratch? Just wondering where we go from here and whether or not to expect another couple years under our current contract or months.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: B-737

Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post
I admit to being woefully uneducated as to the exact process ruling TAs etc, but is there a reason UAL would not be allowed to offer a new TA AFTER Nov. 1st? Is it necessary to start from scratch? Just wondering where we go from here and whether or not to expect another couple years under our current contract or months.
No reason they can't do a new TA after the 1st, and no they don't have to start from scratch. There are some sections that need to be thrown out and reworked but starting the whole contract over would be stupid.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2022, 04:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

November 1st is just the extended deadline for when the votes for TA1 are counted. It has nothing to do with where we go from here. We can do anything from polish the Tumi turd to start from scratch. My guess is that we end up with something better than what we have, but significantly less than what we want. Those who think that we’re going to get a 40% raise, no field standby, fantastic work rules, restored pensions, and a pony are going to be disappointed. The industry spent decades chipping away at work rules and it isn’t going to be fixed in one cycle, but we need to take a big first step now. My guess is that we basically get our current book with work rule tweaks, pay rates starting at 15-20% plus increases, TK instructors getting paid what they can hold on the line, and LCA’s getting a 20% override.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: 787 Captain

I think the biggest timeline issue is the ongoing LEC recalls. The current slate of reps have the roll call votes to accept a 'polished' TA2 (they accepted TA1 after all...). After the recall ballots are certified on 10 Nov that will no longer be the case. Presumably, the bar for an acceptable TA will be higher.