Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Blackwater

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by azvandriver View Post
I assume that you mean security operator and not second officer.

I think he mean Special Ops.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747, Left

Originally Posted by azvandriver View Post
Anybody here flying for Presidential Airways/Blackwater Aviation? I have three friends, one very close who are security contractors for Blackwater. I am trying to find information about the aviation side of the company. As you can expect, they don't exactly advertise for pilot positions. The last I heard the minimums were 1500/500. I thought they only flew Casa 212s until my buddy from the Marines sent me some pictures of a Metro he rode in. Any information would be awesome.
From what I've heard there's several ex-Big Sky pilots flying Metro's for them (Big Sky had Metro's until recently) and I believe none of them have a military background.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

They use C208's, Be200's, and DHC-6's for work as well. That Casa212 gunship they have would be neato to fly. Pretty cool account/ story about their aviation wing flying the MD's in the book License to Kill.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Default b200s?

I have an app in with them. They won't call. I know a guy flying choppers for them an he's making big bucks. I won't repeat how much because I think he may be exagerating a bit. But it's enough to say " I'd go in a heartbeat!" So what, if they shoot at you, shoot back. It's a better cause than flying rich guys around. And alot less boring.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Various

Like I said, a very tight group of pilots that keep the jobs close by.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Southwest FO

Originally Posted by aircav06 View Post
Just watch out for those mountains in Afghanistan.....
Very immature.

My former commanding officer was killed in that accident. A helluva commander and an all-around great person. Very upbeat and personable- he was going places in the Army. RIP MM

Stetson20
Old 12-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by Flight25 View Post
Just go to the Blackwater website. Last time I checked if you dont have SO experience then no need to apply. Good pay if you dont mind getting shot at. www.blackwaterusa.com/aviation/
No SpecOps experience, but have had the "thrill" of being shot at. Except for adrenaline junkies, there's not enough money on the planet for me to do it for a living. Flying in harm's way as a service to my country is one thing, but for profit is not for me.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 PM
On Reserve

[email protected]
Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007

I met one of the blackwater pilots in King Air Ground School and his background was mainly bush flying in Alaska and he got hooked up with blackwater from that. He flew the Casa. One story he told me was that he got shot at while flying into a small field in Afgan and he found a bullet in the back of his seat when he landed. He talked about it, like it was another day in the park. He also told me that they don't carry guns! Sorry you can have that job BUDDY!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

But it's enough to say " I'd go in a heartbeat!" So what, if they shoot at you, shoot back.
I am wondering if you have ever flown into a high threat environment? Have you ever expended chaff or flare because your RWR has lit up? These jobs pay big bucks because it is inherently dangerous and takes skill and poise under the most demanding circumstances.