Search
Notices

Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 11:52 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
Lately the majority of my points are from Hilton properties. Hotel points are a bit of a hot topic at the moment. My true crowning achievement with travel has been gaining status with Delta and getting free upgrades. You'll gain a pretty good status with IHG hotels from initial training. We used to get a lot of IHG points while on the road.
Points are a hot topic? Why?
Old 07-30-2018, 12:14 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
Points are a hot topic? Why?
It is of the opinion than an individual in travel has negotiated rates with some hotels that removed getting points, or is simply taking them via methods used in the bookings. This is mainly an issue with hotels in the USA. The most annoying to me is the Hilton in ANC.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:15 AM
Banned

It is of the opinion than an individual in travel has negotiated rates with some hotels that removed getting points, or is simply taking them via methods used in the bookings. This is mainly an issue with hotels in the USA. The most annoying to me is the Hilton in ANC.
Well Maybe you can get this fixed in the next contract.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Penny wise, Pound foolish.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:14 AM
Banned

I'm really glad that this thread was started. I started reading the old one because it had almost 1.8 million views. I started at the end and was pretty disappointed until I saw the really great retirement info. Wow, if you have smart guys like that flying thier, you're lucky. At my frac nobody talks about taxes and investments.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:17 AM
Banned

I'm really glad that this thread was started. I started reading the old one because it had almost 1.8 million views. I started at the end and was pretty disappointed until I saw the really great retirement info. Wow, if you have smart guys like that flying thier, you're lucky. At my frac nobody talks about taxes and investments.
Every pilot needs to have a plan A,B,C,D... Smart ones have additional income streams, most popular being real estate.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Banned

Thanks, like I said you're really lucky to have guys that can explain taxes and investments around. I already down-loaded a couple of suggested books and am looking forward to listening to them. I read the info that started the thread and saw that the union-management relationship is good. I guess that means the next contract should go pretty fast. How long does it usually take to get a contract?
Old 07-30-2018, 08:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Licking the window

Thanks, like I said you're really lucky to have guys that can explain taxes and investments around. I already down-loaded a couple of suggested books and am looking forward to listening to them. I read the info that started the thread and saw that the union-management relationship is good. I guess that means the next contract should go pretty fast. How long does it usually take to get a contract?
Read a book, take a class, or consult a pro. Don’t take tax advice from another pilot. I think we are one of the shadiest groups around when it comes to that. Just ask anyone who did overseas contracting about foreign income tax exclusions if you don’t believe me.

As for how long it’ll take to get a new contract, we are optimistic, but without my magic 8 ball, I couldn’t tell you. The last one took a very long time, so anything short of that is great news.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:27 AM
Banned

Like I said, I am reading the recommended books. How long was a very long time? At least the current union/management relationship is productive, So I bet the next one goes pretty quick.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:56 AM
Banned

Like I said, I am reading the recommended books. How long was a very long time? At least the current union/management relationship is productive, So I bet the next one goes pretty quick.
Connie wanted to expand, people were leaving, and no-showing interviews. It was a perfect storm. People are now trying to knock down the door to come here, and with only a few people retiring, or going go a major, there is little leverage for anything other than cleaning up some language and some QOL issues. Every new contract I've seen does not exceed our hourly rates with exception of Omni.