View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Night Hawk 6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012

Originally Posted by ForeverFO View Post
Operation Orange? I've already said I agree with you re: the RLA.

But a few dozen squeaky voices trying to turn the ship that is APA and point it at the RLA isn't going to work. We can barely fend off the company. How are we going to fare against the U.S. Government and the courts?
Try. Make an effort. Have you ever asked an APA rep about Operation Orange? They dismiss Op Orange as readily as they do any other idea that involves real change. Unfortunately pilots are sheeple when it comes to their own labor representation. The associations intentionally keep the majority in the dark, withholding information until it behoves them, then they inform the masses with so much junk as to make it difficult to wade through everything convincing the masses that things are so complex that only the chosen are capable of understanding so sit back and just "trust us" to do what is best for the group. It is hard to watch educated accomplished people conduct their professional lives in such a fashion and to live in a world where they accept crumbs from the company and their labor associations. When one of the founders of Op Orange called me back in 2010 I got really excited and thought this was the train to jump on as it was going to charge out and get things changed for the profession. That train unfortunately has only generated extensive volumes of rhetoric and never left the station. Wonder why.