Old 05-27-2015, 10:50 AM
F15Cricket
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Right Seat 737, Front seat T-6

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
I said congrats and I meant it. I've never had any hesitation on praising Alaska for their product, employees, industry innovation like GPS, RNP, volcanic ash avoidance, etc. (but not sharing safety data is a party foul though but whatever) including their most recent award.

Its a good thing for Alaska and Delta, as it gives us something to strive for. And its working. We're narrowing the gap considerably and quickly. That makes us all better and our industry stronger.

Alaska (barely) beat DL this year, and they 100% deserve the award. It was hard earned.

Uhh, actually, that post was the first time you said congrats, but thanks anyway .... But then you quickly followed it up with a several back-handed compliments (great innovation but shame on you for not sharing, you won but barely,etc.).

I actually agree with that. I like his unbridled enthusiasm. He's a cheerleader for his team and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd hope he stops short of cheering for ME3 to take down one or more US legacy airlines so he hopefully gets some more code share flying out of the deal, but to each his own.
Yes, I have enthusiasm but it is appropriately bridled. BUT, IF I ever cheered for the ME3 (and to make it clear, I have not), how is that any different than your unbridled enthusiasm for taking over another company's customers and routes, or demanding they hand over their "proprietary" information?

I think we would get along just fine.
As long as you buy ... And I think we would both enjoy the vigorous debate.

So they did that without FAA/government and taxpayer help?

I really don't mind it anyway. DL will do it on their own, this is merely a speed bump. No biggie, it was just a little insecure of them, but whatevs.
Uhh, that is why it is called "proprietary" (I don't think that word means what you think it means) ... Can you give us your new routes, fleet and basing plans? Can we use your motto, too? If not, who is insecure?