View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 01:47 AM
Coool Hand Luke
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Director of Operations, Agent for Service

Originally Posted by Planephlyer View Post
Talked to a dude named Paul today at HPA, the ATP CTP is covered by the GI Bill. They received the approval a couple months after they were approved the ATP CTP by the FAA. The ATP practical is under part 61 and not covered by the GI Bill. 4G's for a 4 day course at HPA...can probably find it cheaper elsewheres. Classes start every Monday. Included is the Sheppard Air prep and a voucher to take the written exam. I'm going to go in late Feb/Early March.
Also, is a window exists mid-year where you can use your benefits for the ATP CTP course at ATP/HPA (only available in Dallas...the locations in Phoenx and Atlanta are not VA approved) and then enroll in the B737 type rating course and get your ATP concurrently with the type and use your benefits for that too (since the VA considers it a new year with new benefits). I think it's June/July but I may be off on that a little.

Another nice added benefit is the included Sheppard Air prep and the written exam itself, which you would otherwise have to pay for out of pocket.

Finally, most classes (ATP CTP and the B737 type classes) at HPA get to meet with a lady that used to be in charge of pilot recruitment at Southwest Airlines. She now runs her own company and she gives you pointers on the recruitment process and how to properly write your resume, how to fill out the online application, and other pointers on how to speed up the process for you getting called for an interview...all for free. Once you get called for an interview she is hoping you will use her interview prop services. People who do are highly successful.