View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Bluesideup1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
Are you saying that you wouldn't take directions from a jumpseater?

I trust jumpseaters to be professional pilots and will know when to speak up. So, no, not lost in the cockpit, but I am aware enough to listen when someone speaks up and not let anger or ego issues get in the way and I'm certainly not about to get flustered if someone makes a bonehead "go around" call at 500 feet when one is not justified.

If and when you do jumpseat on other airlines, you might want to remember that most will consider you to be a member of the crew; an "ACM" or Additional Crew Member. Although I am not flying for an ALPA airline, I certainly respect the work they have done to secure jumpseats and I abide by the APLA rules and protocols when I am on an APLA airline. Including considering myself as an additional crewmember and participating in the safe outcome of the flight when necessary.

Once again your reading comprehension is sorely lacking. I have said about 50 times now that the Jumpseater is an extra resource and if he sees something that is going to kill us say something. Calling go around for being a dot high at 500 feet is moronic.

Ego has nothing to do with this except yours seems to be bruised that we don't want to hear you call go around from the jumpseat for something so minor as being a dot high. The fact it will cause more problems than it could help also seem to shake your fragile ego in that you keep trying to put words in my mouth.

Let me once again be straight with you since your reading comprehension is lacking.

-You are not a member of the crew no matter how badly you want to be.

-Jumpseaters can be a great resource when things go wrong.

-ALPA Sucks

-As a jumpseater speak up if the airplane is going to crash.

-If you are afraid of being a dot high on the glideslope please find another profession.

-If you are so lost in the cockpit that the jumpseater has to tell you to go around please find another profession.