Thread: Night pay
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 09:45 AM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by MEMA300 View Post

With regard to night pay... we gave up 8/24 protection and went right to FAR limits for 24 hour block and compentsatory rest requirements and happened with little discussion so you think we will get night pay? The company will counter with our current rates being night pay and reducing the day rate amount.

They can argue that the sky is yellow, that doesn’t mean it’s a good argument. Our pay rates are already below the airlines management competes with for pilots. So sure, they can say that our pay rates are already night pay rates and so they should lower the rate for day flying. But it won’t go anywhere when our “night” pay rate is already lower than other others’ “day” pay rate.

Again, let’s not be defeatist when having discussions about trying to make the contract better. This mentality needs to STOP. And the attitude that, well we gave up X, Y, and Z last time so this next time we are giving up A, B, and C because that’s what always happens. Or the, well that’s the way we’ve always done it. It gets old. Get over it.

I get it. Many here are jaded. All I’m saying is not to rollover before we’ve even begun negotiating. At least show a spine for a change. I’m not saying we will get everything we want. But unless we go in with that attitude, we will not get anything we want.