View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 09:18 PM
ditchdog93
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
Wondering if anyone able to provide information about how the living situation is for someone that has a family but could hop on a flight from PDX to LAS. What the QOL there and is there a crash pad there for someone that can't easily relocate for the time?

What the training like and do they do their best to try and keep the person there to help out with operation or is it gear toward you passing as fast as possible and if you not able to pass, they send you home?

Been thinking of doing scenic tour and learn what it like to do flying.

Thanks for your information
Hey so I left there back in 2020 and I had two kids. I lived up at the Grand Canyon for 3 years. For me it was a 25 min drive working 5/2 and 4/3. We had a couple of guys that lived in PHX that would commute up and they would live in the town of Tusayan under company housing. He would be very tired and not home a lot. As for you I'm not sure if they would let you stay at the crash pad in BVU. GCN would be your best chance for commuting wise.

Training when I went through was very straight forward. Learn all the systems, flight train for 3 or 4 days then so the checkride. If you failed they would help you get to get through it. It all comes down on you.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk