Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Grand Canyon Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 06:12 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by 77Whkg View Post
Is GCA currently hiring? I saw an add recently and thought about applying.

Have flown for overseas airlines the last four years- is this considered acceptable, or does GCA prefer a charter/ turbo-prop background?

Thank you in advance
I have been talking to the Chief pilot and he's says very slow out of Boulder City and the Grand Canyon. They are looking to do charter work overseas and also try to get back doing cargo runs. I know a good amount of pilots are waiting to get called backed.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2021, 07:04 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: B738 RHS

Originally Posted by ditchdog93 View Post
I have been talking to the Chief pilot and he's says very slow out of Boulder City and the Grand Canyon. They are looking to do charter work overseas and also try to get back doing cargo runs. I know a good amount of pilots are waiting to get called backed.

Thank you for the prompt update and information. Will keep an eye out for any future openings.
All the best!
Old 02-19-2021, 03:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012

Originally Posted by ditchdog93 View Post

Called back? Were there furloughs at GCA?
Old 02-19-2021, 08:54 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by telejet View Post
Called back? Were there furloughs at GCA?
Yes they furloughed everyone at GCA when pandemic hit. They got a cargo contract out of Denver for UPS for a couple of months. Now they have a 2 caravans running but I believe with 3 pilots recalled in Boulder City and Grand Canyon South Rim.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default job doable for family person

Wondering if anyone able to provide information about how the living situation is for someone that has a family but could hop on a flight from PDX to LAS. What the QOL there and is there a crash pad there for someone that can't easily relocate for the time?

What the training like and do they do their best to try and keep the person there to help out with operation or is it gear toward you passing as fast as possible and if you not able to pass, they send you home?

Been thinking of doing scenic tour and learn what it like to do flying.

Thanks for your information
Old 05-18-2021, 09:18 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
Wondering if anyone able to provide information about how the living situation is for someone that has a family but could hop on a flight from PDX to LAS. What the QOL there and is there a crash pad there for someone that can't easily relocate for the time?

What the training like and do they do their best to try and keep the person there to help out with operation or is it gear toward you passing as fast as possible and if you not able to pass, they send you home?

Been thinking of doing scenic tour and learn what it like to do flying.

Thanks for your information
Hey so I left there back in 2020 and I had two kids. I lived up at the Grand Canyon for 3 years. For me it was a 25 min drive working 5/2 and 4/3. We had a couple of guys that lived in PHX that would commute up and they would live in the town of Tusayan under company housing. He would be very tired and not home a lot. As for you I'm not sure if they would let you stay at the crash pad in BVU. GCN would be your best chance for commuting wise.

Training when I went through was very straight forward. Learn all the systems, flight train for 3 or 4 days then so the checkride. If you failed they would help you get to get through it. It all comes down on you.