View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 05:21 PM
Sidewinder27
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: Both Seats

Originally Posted by BlockO View Post
I have gone through pages and pages on the Netjets forum, but I wanted some objective advice. Currently I am at a regional airline (came from 135/91), I like it here, but I miss the flying I used to do at my previous 135 spot.

I have networked for 6 years to what seems an almost clear route to two legacy carriers(strictly a financial move as I entered my professional flying career a bit late in the game (40yrs old)) that is mine to lose if I flop the interview.

Could someone please tell me briefly what a 7/7 on phenom will look like? I am familiar with 135 where trips aren’t set in stone, but just trying to get an overview of what a typical day would look like.

I threw my app in a few weeks ago and have a phone interview scheduled at NJ. So I am pretty serious about making the switch if it means better qol and pay.

I plan on flying till my medical gives out, so would making a switch to NJ vs say 15 years at a legacy with pay and retirement in mind?

I know NJ provides 4 catering meals, but do they cover meals at a restaurant via the company card or is it just catering?

How many sims does the training footprint have till your check ride?

I know it’s a lot of questions. Ha! But any help would be appreciated. Thank you
It sounds like you have a spot at a major or two and NJA would be a backup plan if those fail.

At this stage you may want to focus on the interviews at the majors you speak of if that truly is your goal. If those fail then focus on NJA and gather all the intel you need for the interview.

It seems if one wants to land at DAL, UAL, SWA or AAL then it is a good possibility. Heck, DAL dropped the four-year degree requirement, so what's that tell us.

Seriously, focus on the majors you have targeted and then go from there. This board and those willing to help will be here. All the best...