Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by BagMan View Post
to answer your questions
1)Yes
2)I don't see why UA alpa would be against it they are alredy hiring our FO's
3)Because many airlines such as our own are suffering from an Experance Gap
4)Nothing about this forces pilots out that would be illegal
5)Just because I don't want to leave does not mean I want to get bounced around the Country for the next 10 years while the revolving door on the Union tries to cobble together some non garbage contract out of duct tape and bubble gum.
6) Yes I belive high rates of Attrition from the Mid ranks is infact our only barging Chip as stated by the Union
7)This is fighting. Sun Tzu says you attack where your opponent is not More...https://suntzusaid.com/book/6

dracir honestly these points you make are weak. Perhaps you have better Ideas and we would all like to hear them. The Vibe i am getting from what your saying is shut up and eat this s sandwich. I say no take your s sandwich and place it some where there is no sun. We can negotiate like Palestinians (AKA the give it to me its all mine stragety) and it will work out just as well for us as it did for them. If we want a contract we need an angle. We need to find a postion of strength and push that advantage. As far as I can see Attrition is all we have.

That said You spend so much Time on APC you must have some fantastic insight. Other then Attrition what are our strengths? How are we going to force F9 to the Negotiating table? Or was I right about that sandwich?
Hmmm, never had anyone monitor my time on here. That is a little weird I must mention...

But to answer most of your inputs, I think others have given the same insight. ANTICompany wrote about the same thing I did.

Your strategy will not work. There is no other strategy that I (or anyone else) is going to come up with. We are all eating the S sandwich. Sun Tzu principles of mass, manuever, striking where your oponent is weakest - (lol, where is that) etc. do not apply here (I'm ex-military). It is the Railway Act and collective bargaining. In fact, the union JUST sent out a memo sayin status quo must now be maintained. It is what it is.

And as many other have noted, if you REALLY were serious about change you would spend less time on here and take up a position in the union and express those ideas there. Sent a DART. Bother your LEC rep. Be the Patriot and lead the way. If you're looking for support here, that's silly. Again, it needs to come from the UNION.

I, on the other hand, am working on my apps.