Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > American
Need a class 1 to apply to AAL? >

Need a class 1 to apply to AAL?

Notices

Need a class 1 to apply to AAL?

Old 02-12-2018, 09:37 AM
  #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Posts: 1,671
Default

Originally Posted by Battlinbear21 View Post
Hahaha. Doesnít Yo Nited still charge $70 just to apply w airline apps membership? Cross that one off the list..
Good point.

The savings are adding up fast!

Saved over $500 already!
jcountry is offline  
Old 02-12-2018, 10:42 AM
  #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,750
Default

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
Yep.

I canít imagine someone is cheaping out over this.

I never cease to be amazed at how strange some pilots are. 100 bucks for a medical. 300 bucks for interview prep. 60 bucks for shoes. Too much?

Damn. People spend more than that on just the examiner fee for a private pilot check ride. Quit being a cheap ass!
Only thing I bought for my interview was a belt and I returned it the next day (commuter pilots were brought up cheap).
Name User is offline  
Old 02-12-2018, 10:06 PM
  #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Posts: 1,671
Default

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
Only thing I bought for my interview was a belt and I returned it the next day (commuter pilots were brought up cheap).
****.

U got off cheap. I bought an entire new uniform. (No ****. They wanted to see you in a current uniform-and word on the street was that it should be new.)

I didnít skimp on interview prep as well. I know Iím a sparkling conversationalist, but these interviews ainít exactly small talk. So itís best to work at being ready for a whole bunch of odd questions-preparing for those was a task.

Success is where preparation meets opportunity. No place is that more true than a legacy airline interview.
jcountry is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 03:59 AM
  #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,750
Default

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
****.

U got off cheap. I bought an entire new uniform. (No ****. They wanted to see you in a current uniform-and word on the street was that it should be new.)

I didnít skimp on interview prep as well. I know Iím a sparkling conversationalist, but these interviews ainít exactly small talk. So itís best to work at being ready for a whole bunch of odd questions-preparing for those was a task.

Success is where preparation meets opportunity. No place is that more true than a legacy airline interview.
I just wore my regular uniform. Why did you think it had to be new? I didn't know anyone who paid for prep for Airways, and all told I knew a dozen guys hired there personally from my regional.
Name User is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 05:02 AM
  #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Posts: 1,671
Default

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
I just wore my regular uniform. Why did you think it had to be new? I didn't know anyone who paid for prep for Airways, and all told I knew a dozen guys hired there personally from my regional.
I wasnít taking chances.

I rode the van back to the airport with a guy who didnít do prep. He didnít make it.

You only get a couple of these chances (at best.) I know a LOT of great folks who are well qualified and canít get a sniff from any legacy.

Luck has something to do with it. My app was in for 4 years and I kept getting crickets, and then one day I got a call out of the blue. I sure wasnít going to waste it.
jcountry is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 02:18 PM
  #16  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 33
Default

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
I wasnít taking chances.

I rode the van back to the airport with a guy who didnít do prep. He didnít make it.

You only get a couple of these chances (at best.) I know a LOT of great folks who are well qualified and canít get a sniff from any legacy.

Luck has something to do with it. My app was in for 4 years and I kept getting crickets, and then one day I got a call out of the blue. I sure wasnít going to waste it.

I agree. It canít hurt, it can only help! Congrats!
Climb510 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
A321
American
89
01-28-2015 06:55 PM
sandrich
Flight Schools and Training
5
11-10-2011 02:02 PM
KC10 FATboy
Major
29
04-18-2008 07:17 AM
contrails
Regional
10
11-18-2006 10:07 AM
Illini
Flight Schools and Training
3
11-06-2006 03:35 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread