Notices

[Breeze] Airways

Old 06-18-2018, 12:09 PM
  #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 491
Default JetBlue spinoff airline

Called “Moxy”. Will JB pilots be flying these planes? Or just codeshare.

JetBlue spinoff Moxy Airways has ordered 60 Bombardier C Series: report | Montreal Gazette
O2pilot is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:10 PM
  #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 312
Default Moxy Airlines?? CS300s? JetBlue?

JetBlue raising funds for a new Low- Cost Airline called Moxy Airways. Orders for 60 CS300s are in place to start flight in 2020. I guess management really likes the CSeries and sees their potential.

Is this where the profit is going? Are they trying to start another Airline and slowly unwind JetBlue Airways as we know it like Boeing did with their business?

OR

Is it just a scare to get the TA voted in?

Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-18/jetblue-founder-raising-funds-for-new-u-s-airline-report-says

Last edited by MGMTiswatchingU; 06-18-2018 at 12:21 PM.
MGMTiswatchingU is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:14 PM
  #23  
weekends off? Nope...
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,967
Default

Originally Posted by sux4u View Post
big six? Heard of big three, even big 4 with swa. Big six is new to me. Who falls under that umbrella?
ual, dal, aa, swa, ups, & fdx
Smooth at FL450 is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:15 PM
  #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 491
Default

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Watch us merge in 5 years, and all the guys rushing to this startup win the seniority lottery and slide in to the top of our list. That'd be my luck. Interesting timing with our fleet review and contract vote coming soon.
I’ll bet some junior JB guys leave and go be initial cadre Captains and then after they merger with JB doing very nicely in a seniority integration.
O2pilot is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:24 PM
  #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Capt
Posts: 222
Default

My guess is that it is a totally seperate company that will probably do well. Might be a good stock to keep an eye on.
airbus300 is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:27 PM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 312
Default

Originally Posted by airbus300 View Post
My guess is that it is a totally seperate company that will probably do well. Might be a good stock to keep an eye on.
It probably is, but what if it's a move to start a different company without Union? Shrink JetBlue as soon as Moxy is doing well? It's an interesting move.
MGMTiswatchingU is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:27 PM
  #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Posts: 992
Default

Originally Posted by MGMTiswatchingU View Post
JetBlue raising funds for a new Low- Cost Airline called Moxy Airways. Orders for 60 CS300s are in place to start flight in 2020. I guess management really likes the CSeries and sees their potential.

Is this where the profit is going? Are they trying to start another Airline and slowly unwind JetBlue Airways as we know it like Boeing did with their business?

OR

Is it just a scare to get the TA voted in?

Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ne-report-says

No. Neeleman isn't associated with JB and wouldn't be angling to help the company out at the pilots' expense.

Besides, JB doesn't need any help with getting this pilot group to vote for this POS TA. They hired the "right" pilots all these years. It'll pass with 65-70% yes votes. Minimum.
BunkerF16 is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:38 PM
  #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GuppyPuppy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: JetRight, JetLeft
Posts: 760
Default

Originally Posted by O2pilot View Post
Called “Moxy”. Will JB pilots be flying these planes? Or just codeshare.

JetBlue spinoff Moxy Airways has ordered 60 Bombardier C Series: report | Montreal Gazette
Not a spin-off.

Gup
GuppyPuppy is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:41 PM
  #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Did you original posters even read the article or even know who Neeleman is?

This has nothing to do with jb...
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 12:41 PM
  #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 3,150
Default

Did you original posters even read the article or even know who Neeleman is?

This has nothing to do with jb...
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Frisky Pilot
Regional
20
01-01-2022 05:02 PM
Drums4life
Regional
107
08-16-2011 11:21 PM
ryane946
Major
25
03-06-2007 08:53 PM
RedBaron007
Major
3
01-31-2007 09:05 PM
RockBottom
Major
0
03-07-2005 11:04 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices