Notices

Breeze Schedules

Old 03-27-2022, 08:06 AM
  #21  
That/It/Thang
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Posts: 2,848
Default

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
If I was a retired pilot, the last place I would go is Breeze. I would either go to a legitimate LCC or even DEC at one of the regionals to college their bonuses. If I had any interest in flying past 65, I wouldn't do any of that and go fractional. They are all hiring.
Flying for a non union, no work rules start up in my retirement years. Pass
CincoDeMayo is offline  
Old 03-27-2022, 10:26 AM
  #22  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
TANSTAAFL's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Still in one
Posts: 784
Default

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
If I was a retired pilot, the last place I would go is Breeze. I would either go to a legitimate LCC or even DEC at one of the regionals to college their bonuses. If I had any interest in flying past 65, I wouldn't do any of that and go fractional. They are all hiring.
The pay rates for F/Oís at the fracs are garbage. Worse than regional. A good 91 at NBAA avg would be the ticket but unlikely to get 15 hard days off a month. Conditions vary wildly depending if the acft does 135. They are paying DECís at Breeze $167hr. All 91 and most fracs are non-union as well
TANSTAAFL is offline  
Old 03-27-2022, 10:37 AM
  #23  
That/It/Thang
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Posts: 2,848
Default

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL View Post
The pay rates for F/Oís at the fracs are garbage. Worse than regional. A good 91 at NBAA avg would be the ticket but unlikely to get 15 hard days off a month. Conditions vary wildly depending if the acft does 135. They are paying DECís at Breeze $167hr. All 91 and most fracs are non-union as well
$167? Dude, thatís exciting in 2022 for whom?
CincoDeMayo is offline  
Old 03-27-2022, 01:35 PM
  #24  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
TANSTAAFL's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Still in one
Posts: 784
Default

Originally Posted by CincoDeMayo View Post
$167? Dude, thatís exciting in 2022 for whom?
Who said anything about exciting? All Iím saying itís better than some of other alternatives mentioned. I think jobs you walk right into post airline making $200K a year are not just growing on trees. Ones that may half that are
TANSTAAFL is offline  
Old 03-27-2022, 01:59 PM
  #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left
Posts: 1,813
Default

Are people really expecting Spirit/SWA/UAL wages at a startup? Really? Has Breeze been around a full year yet? No doubt wages had better be competitive eventually to retain and attract good pilots - but do the wages have to be UAL wages at the beginning? Maybe expectations are a bit high for a brand new operation.

If you can get hired at UAL or Delta, you should go to UAL or Delta. If you want to be a part of a growing startup that maybe canít initially afford to pay you Delta wages, Breeze or Avelo might work for youÖ Hopefully both Breeze and Avelo can eventually pay competitive wages to attract/retain good pilots - but donít expect it for awhile since they are both startupsÖWe are talking apples and oranges here - why donít people understand that? If you donít want to be a part of a growing startup that canít yet pay legacy wages and benefits (some people do), then apply to Spirit/JB/any Legacy.
David Puddy is offline  
Old 03-27-2022, 05:29 PM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 455
Default

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Are people really expecting Spirit/SWA/UAL wages at a startup? Really? Has Breeze been around a full year yet? No doubt wages had better be competitive eventually to retain and attract good pilots - but do the wages have to be UAL wages at the beginning? Maybe expectations are a bit high for a brand new operation.

If you can get hired at UAL or Delta, you should go to UAL or Delta. If you want to be a part of a growing startup that maybe canít initially afford to pay you Delta wages, Breeze or Avelo might work for youÖ Hopefully both Breeze and Avelo can eventually pay competitive wages to attract/retain good pilots - but donít expect it for awhile since they are both startupsÖWe are talking apples and oranges here - why donít people understand that? If you donít want to be a part of a growing startup that canít yet pay legacy wages and benefits (some people do), then apply to Spirit/JB/any Legacy.
I think itís reasonable to expect equity at a startup as youíre gambling your career as much or more so by going with them. If they fold in five years you just lost five years of top tier pay anywhere else you go. As such it is not unreasonable, IMO, to expect alternate forms of compensation outside of wages that have the ability to increase long term compensation.
kevin18 is offline  
Old 03-27-2022, 07:29 PM
  #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,248
Default

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL View Post
The pay rates for F/Oís at the fracs are garbage. Worse than regional. A good 91 at NBAA avg would be the ticket but unlikely to get 15 hard days off a month. Conditions vary wildly depending if the acft does 135. They are paying DECís at Breeze $167hr. All 91 and most fracs are non-union as well
You cherry picked parts of my post. You can't fly at Breeze after 65. Why go there and make below average pay and have to start over at a Fractional at 65? I'll repeat. I would never choose Breeze over just about any 121 to include most regionals. And if I planned to go past 65, I'd go work at a place like Flexjet.
CBreezy is offline  
Old 03-28-2022, 02:00 AM
  #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
If I was a retired pilot, the last place I would go is Breeze. I would either go to a legitimate LCC or even DEC at one of the regionals to college their bonuses. If I had any interest in flying past 65, I wouldn't do any of that and go fractional. They are all hiring.
Wow imagine that. Going to the bottom of the spirit/frontier list swinging gear indefinitely doing red eyes. Frontier is literally hiring fresh ATP flight school grads because they can’t get anyone to go there. Or even better, go to a regional to be used and abused indefinitely for some bonus money. Makes a lot of sense! Or you can go to a place where you’ll be home every night and upgrade quickly making more than FOs at a legacy. Sure you won’t make 300k at breeze but you’re not flying 777s either.

Last edited by shortspatula; 03-28-2022 at 02:14 AM.
shortspatula is offline  
Old 03-28-2022, 02:38 AM
  #29  
P/T Gear Slinger
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Airbus
Posts: 824
Default

Why would I fly 121 after 65 when I could start a free-range unicorn ranch?
emersonbiguns is offline  
Old 03-28-2022, 04:01 AM
  #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 466
Default

There are FOs making $12-15k a month here at Breeze and working 10-12 days. And home every night. But yea, it sucks. Donít come here or the bonus pay will go away. Stay at GhettoJet

Last edited by bonvoyage; 03-28-2022 at 04:22 AM.
bonvoyage is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
dodsqubam
Regional
24
02-19-2017 08:21 AM
NJGov
United
32
11-09-2014 04:38 AM
skylover
Regional
50
07-26-2012 07:31 PM
CLEPILOT
Major
30
07-22-2012 08:37 AM
NJGov
Foreign
5
09-26-2011 10:11 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices