Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #91  
Challenge Accepted Five
 
BoilerUP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,039
Default

UPS gonna start calling theirs Mostly Domestic
BoilerUP is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 03:44 AM   #92  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,025
Default

Apparently the allegiant chief pilot used to get snippy if you said "Mad dog" instead of "super 80". Same guy that had to declare a fuel emergency because he didn't check NOTAMS for an airshow?
No Land 3 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #93  
Tri-tanic operator
 
CactusCrew's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Doggie
Posts: 2,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
UPS gonna start calling theirs Mostly Domestic
We can't afford spare parts and jets scattered around the world. The MD is a priceless commodity. A flying tri-jet is nearly an antique, even if it does have big screens and a magenta line.

With the B747s, we just order a jet and park it as spare. Problem solved.



Ours MDs will soon be spare parts for WGA
CactusCrew is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #94  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusCrew View Post
We can't afford spare parts and jets scattered around the world. The MD is a priceless commodity. A flying tri-jet is nearly an antique, even if it does have big screens and a magenta line.

With the B747s, we just order a jet and park it as spare. Problem solved.



Ours MDs will soon be spare parts for WGA
Not till at least 2027!
mrvmo is offline  
Old 04-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #95  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
Apparently the allegiant chief pilot used to get snippy if you said "Mad dog" instead of "super 80". Same guy that had to declare a fuel emergency because he didn't check NOTAMS for an airshow?
No one at allegiant has the right to get snippy, uppity or sensitive. I thought only AA called theirs “super 80’s”. CRJ “heavy”. Dumb...
4runner is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 06:38 PM   #96  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 15
Default WG Hiring

Anyone have any info about current hiring and possible class dates? Very interested. Applied today. Anything helps. Thanks in advance.
V1AutoPilot is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:29 AM   #97  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: FO
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1AutoPilot View Post
Anyone have any info about current hiring and possible class dates? Very interested. Applied today. Anything helps. Thanks in advance.
Just got the text yesterday that we are hiring 20-30 guys this summer for the MD. Keep your ears open
CaptianO is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:57 AM   #98  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 58
Default

Hey, I'm a recently upgraded regional captain about 200 hours short of the 3000 hours and 1500 turbine posted as the mins on the website. Should I put my app in anyways or waits the extra 3 or so months until I get there?
Roverruckus is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:11 AM   #99  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: MD-11 FO
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverruckus View Post
Hey, I'm a recently upgraded regional captain about 200 hours short of the 3000 hours and 1500 turbine posted as the mins on the website. Should I put my app in anyways or waits the extra 3 or so months until I get there?
Get your PIC time first.
Asiabound is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #100  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptianO View Post
Just got the text yesterday that we are hiring 20-30 guys this summer for the MD. Keep your ears open
Thanks for the info, any tips on the interview and how applicants are selected? How does the MD compare to 747? Same schedule and what not or is there a fair divide? I imagine the locations would vary greatly as well. Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you regardless though.
V1AutoPilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spirit of NKS Sailor Spirit 14117 10-09-2015 07:55 AM
Meanest Airlines dashtrash300 Hangar Talk 15 04-13-2011 06:11 AM
Who's making bank in Q1? Sniper Major 8 06-18-2009 09:31 AM
FDX - Airlines Balk at Indy Hub Bill DLax85 Cargo 3 08-30-2008 07:00 PM
Forbes - The Little Airlines That Can't multipilot Regional 11 06-15-2008 06:58 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:45 PM.