Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 09:00 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
horrido27's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 757/767
Posts: 1,290
Default Positive but recovering..

So, last Wed (25 Mar) I dialed 911 in the morning after coughing up blood.
I had been coughing, ever so litely since 16 Mar. Went to the doc on that Wed (18th) and was given a ZPac and some cough medicine. Doc joked that I was here a year ago for the same reason!

Well, by Saturday night the cough got really bad and I started to feel a little warm. But didn't really have all the the "known" symptoms.
By Mon/Tues I knew something was wrong.
Guys, for me it was the cough. VERY deep, painful. To the point where I started to cough up blood.
So when I saw the blood (and it was always very light...) on Wed morning after a 5 mins cough spout, I made the call.

EVERYONE'S experience seems to be different. After getting to the ER, they put my in a positive pressure room. The one doc I saw for less than a minute mentioned about getting the tests and going back home.
Not sure if I told him to **** off, but my temp was 102.5!
The ER nurse WAS AMAZING.
She knew I wasn't going home....

Admitted into a room that morning. And then the fun really began.
For 3 days they would hook me up to an antibiotic IV drip. One was 20 mins, one was 1 hr. It helped but temp would go up and down till Sunday.
At some point (lost track of days) I got a 2nd chest X Ray. First one was in the ER.
This X Ray showed lungs consistent with CV19.
Then they decided to start me on the Malaria meds, even though the test results still weren't back.
That HELPED
Taking the last malaria dose today (from Home).

Yesterday my test results came back. Yupe, took 1 week to get the results!
Positive.
But, since my fever had subsided since Sunday AND I have no underlying health issues (though.. need to loose 20 pounds!), they agreed to let me go home.

Now, 2 weeks isolation. Great neighbors already bringing me food and supplies.

I'm putting this out there cause chances are, we're all gonna get it.
I always expected to get it, just never expected to catch it on the front end, lol.
My last trip was TXL on the 7th. No one from the crew is sick.

No idea where I caught it. It truly is a hidden enemy.
Company has been GREAT.
Fabian checked up on me every day when I told him.. Corp Medical has also reached out.

Guys and Gals, these are crazy stressful times. Be Safe out there and if/when you catch it.. it'll be a rough week but it will (hopefully) get better.
I see tons of threads about company/union **** on here but to be honest, in the big scheme of things.. some of it is probably minutia.
Focus on your Family... you friends.. your neighbors and co-workers.
WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS.

I look forward to getting back into the cockpit next month (May). Local guy so will gladly fly so you commuters/and or family guys don't have to.

Stay Strong, Stay Healthy
Always
Motch
horrido27 is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
123494's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
So, last Wed (25 Mar) I dialed 911 in the morning after coughing up blood.
I had been coughing, ever so litely since 16 Mar. Went to the doc on that Wed (18th) and was given a ZPac and some cough medicine. Doc joked that I was here a year ago for the same reason!

Well, by Saturday night the cough got really bad and I started to feel a little warm. But didn't really have all the the "known" symptoms.
By Mon/Tues I knew something was wrong.
Guys, for me it was the cough. VERY deep, painful. To the point where I started to cough up blood.
So when I saw the blood (and it was always very light...) on Wed morning after a 5 mins cough spout, I made the call.

EVERYONE'S experience seems to be different. After getting to the ER, they put my in a positive pressure room. The one doc I saw for less than a minute mentioned about getting the tests and going back home.
Not sure if I told him to **** off, but my temp was 102.5!
The ER nurse WAS AMAZING.
She knew I wasn't going home....

Admitted into a room that morning. And then the fun really began.
For 3 days they would hook me up to an antibiotic IV drip. One was 20 mins, one was 1 hr. It helped but temp would go up and down till Sunday.
At some point (lost track of days) I got a 2nd chest X Ray. First one was in the ER.
This X Ray showed lungs consistent with CV19.
Then they decided to start me on the Malaria meds, even though the test results still weren't back.
That HELPED
Taking the last malaria dose today (from Home).

Yesterday my test results came back. Yupe, took 1 week to get the results!
Positive.
But, since my fever had subsided since Sunday AND I have no underlying health issues (though.. need to loose 20 pounds!), they agreed to let me go home.

Now, 2 weeks isolation. Great neighbors already bringing me food and supplies.

I'm putting this out there cause chances are, we're all gonna get it.
I always expected to get it, just never expected to catch it on the front end, lol.
My last trip was TXL on the 7th. No one from the crew is sick.

No idea where I caught it. It truly is a hidden enemy.
Company has been GREAT.
Fabian checked up on me every day when I told him.. Corp Medical has also reached out.

Guys and Gals, these are crazy stressful times. Be Safe out there and if/when you catch it.. it'll be a rough week but it will (hopefully) get better.
I see tons of threads about company/union **** on here but to be honest, in the big scheme of things.. some of it is probably minutia.
Focus on your Family... you friends.. your neighbors and co-workers.
WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS.

I look forward to getting back into the cockpit next month (May). Local guy so will gladly fly so you commuters/and or family guys don't have to.

Stay Strong, Stay Healthy
Always
Motch
Glad to hear you're recovering. Truly some scary times. Also, what is it with some doctors who just want to kick patients out ASAP, despite showing symptoms?
123494 is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
oldmako's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM
Posts: 2,782
Default

Horrible news. Great outcome. I wish all were so lucky.
oldmako is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:19 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
horrido27's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 757/767
Posts: 1,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
Horrible news. Great outcome. I wish all were so lucky.
The FACT that you're back on here is Medicine Enough!
Thanks OM~
(And also you, 123494)

Motch
horrido27 is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
guppyflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Bigfoot Bunkie
Posts: 184
Default

Oof, glad to hear you're on the mend! This bug is so odd, some don't even know they have it and others get run over by a truck......and then backed up on. An 320 CA friend is on day 9 and it's still kicking his a$$. Thankfully he's slowly improving because there's very little capacity in the system to deal with those that really need care but aren't critical. Keep feeling better, see you back on the line soon.

Last edited by guppyflyer; 04-02-2020 at 09:35 AM. Reason: spelling
guppyflyer is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:34 AM   #6  
Line Holder
 
paulcg77's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A shack in Kailua
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
So, last Wed (25 Mar) I dialed 911 in the morning after coughing up blood.
I had been coughing, ever so litely since 16 Mar. Went to the doc on that Wed (18th) and was given a ZPac and some cough medicine. Doc joked that I was here a year ago for the same reason!

Well, by Saturday night the cough got really bad and I started to feel a little warm. But didn't really have all the the "known" symptoms.
By Mon/Tues I knew something was wrong.
Guys, for me it was the cough. VERY deep, painful. To the point where I started to cough up blood.
So when I saw the blood (and it was always very light...) on Wed morning after a 5 mins cough spout, I made the call.

EVERYONE'S experience seems to be different. After getting to the ER, they put my in a positive pressure room. The one doc I saw for less than a minute mentioned about getting the tests and going back home.
Not sure if I told him to **** off, but my temp was 102.5!
The ER nurse WAS AMAZING.
She knew I wasn't going home....

Admitted into a room that morning. And then the fun really began.
For 3 days they would hook me up to an antibiotic IV drip. One was 20 mins, one was 1 hr. It helped but temp would go up and down till Sunday.
At some point (lost track of days) I got a 2nd chest X Ray. First one was in the ER.
This X Ray showed lungs consistent with CV19.
Then they decided to start me on the Malaria meds, even though the test results still weren't back.
That HELPED
Taking the last malaria dose today (from Home).

Yesterday my test results came back. Yupe, took 1 week to get the results!
Positive.
But, since my fever had subsided since Sunday AND I have no underlying health issues (though.. need to loose 20 pounds!), they agreed to let me go home.

Now, 2 weeks isolation. Great neighbors already bringing me food and supplies.

I'm putting this out there cause chances are, we're all gonna get it.
I always expected to get it, just never expected to catch it on the front end, lol.
My last trip was TXL on the 7th. No one from the crew is sick.

No idea where I caught it. It truly is a hidden enemy.
Company has been GREAT.
Fabian checked up on me every day when I told him.. Corp Medical has also reached out.

Guys and Gals, these are crazy stressful times. Be Safe out there and if/when you catch it.. it'll be a rough week but it will (hopefully) get better.
I see tons of threads about company/union **** on here but to be honest, in the big scheme of things.. some of it is probably minutia.
Focus on your Family... you friends.. your neighbors and co-workers.
WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS.

I look forward to getting back into the cockpit next month (May). Local guy so will gladly fly so you commuters/and or family guys don't have to.

Stay Strong, Stay Healthy
Always
Motch
Glad you're ok, thank you for the report. Agree 100% we will get through this. I think the takeaway for the doubters who keep questioning whether COVID-19 is just a "flu" or something worse is that it seems to vary significantly based on the person, the specific strain and the viral load you are exposed to. I remember the atmosphere on here 4 weeks ago; some of the biggest doubters and deniers have gotten it in the time since then, and thank God we haven't lost anyone. My best to you and your family, I wish you a quick and safe recovery!
paulcg77 is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
mmm123's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 166
Default

Terrible news followed by great news. Keep healing well brother!!
mmm123 is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
baseball's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
Horrible news. Great outcome. I wish all were so lucky.
Lookie who's back!

This place is looking better already!
baseball is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
baseball's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,904
Default

Glad to hear you doing well! Thats super news!

Question: How was your breathing and respiration?
baseball is offline  
Old 04-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
pilotgolfer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A320 Captain
Posts: 1,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
The FACT that you're back on here is Medicine Enough!
Thanks OM~
(And also you, 123494)

Motch
Wait...I read a bunch of your posts last week. Does that mean I have it, too?
pilotgolfer is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Positive Drug Rate Rises in Accident Pilots AirBear Safety 0 03-12-2020 04:50 PM
Anything positive abt 145 for a NH? Ramen4dinner Envoy Airlines 21 02-01-2019 02:08 AM
CP meet & greet (an actual positive post) UNK7 United 62 11-14-2014 11:04 AM
A commitment to be positive calcapt Major 25 04-24-2006 06:33 AM
FedEx chief's positive outlook Sir James Cargo 0 04-05-2005 06:26 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:52 AM.