Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2020, 10:26 PM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
hummingbear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Posts: 276
Default

Has anyone seen numbers detailing the amount of flying this contract will involve?
hummingbear is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 05:00 AM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
opt0712's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half wing View Post
We have a Pfizer contract. It’s not “sub-contracted” to us from Fedex, so it’s not your work. All your posts are about the same. You must have the same cranium capacity as australopithecus. If Fedex doesn’t work out maybe you can get a job guarding a bridge or something, early man.
Ah, I see now why you quickly cast stones. You assumed I was talking about sub-contracting to United. I should have been more clear. I was referring to our usual sub-contractors (Atlas, and WG) that will help get the vaccine distributed.
opt0712 is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 12:04 PM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ThumbsUp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 151
Default

My understanding is that the amount...15klbs of dry ice precluded it from being carried in anything other than belly-loaded compartments. Given that is the only cargo capability on UAL aircraft, it’s likely at a better rate, but who knows.
ThumbsUp is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Noworkallplay's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half wing View Post
We have a Pfizer contract. It’s not “sub-contracted” to us from Fedex, so it’s not your work. All your posts are about the same. You must have the same cranium capacity as australopithecus. If Fedex doesn’t work out maybe you can get a job guarding a bridge or something, early man.
You do realize multiple airlines have a contract with Pfizer correct?

We (FDX) have received numerous communications about current distribution of the vaccine, as well as future distribution. Many airlines will distribute it from the numerous different producers.

Luckily, at this point we can say “no” to business we don't want or need. Things are good. In fact, really good. The bank account looks really nice and seat progression is unbelievable. The bid that closed today had many 2.5 year 757 Captains and numerous sub 4 year WB Captains. The pension and DC plan are looking very good also.

Luckily we are able to provide better job opportunities to many stagnated or almost furloughed United pilots who are coming over in droves as well as pilots from all other “majors”. So cast all those stones sunny and we will just sit and laugh at people like you. Now back to figuring out what my W2 will read come December 31.

Good day.

Last edited by Noworkallplay; 12-03-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Noworkallplay is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
N6279P's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
Now back to figuring out what my W2 will read come December 31.

Good day.
And just like every other FedEx pilot I know, they brag about how much money they make.
N6279P is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Spoiler's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt30 View Post
No, they’ve realized that the United cargo flights have no flight attendants so the customer service has improved.

As a side note the coffee also tastes better without flight attendant intervention.
Sans Visine
Spoiler is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 02:26 PM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jdt30's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6279P View Post
And just like every other FedEx pilot I know, they brag about how much money they make.
funny you say that, I had a FedEx phone call last night. I’m glad he’s doing well, other than being tone deaf.
jdt30 is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Sixty N Two's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: 737/FO
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
You do realize multiple airlines have a contract with Pfizer correct?

We (FDX) have received numerous communications about current distribution of the vaccine, as well as future distribution. Many airlines will distribute it from the numerous different producers.

Luckily, at this point we can say “no” to business we don't want or need. Things are good. In fact, really good. The bank account looks really nice and seat progression is unbelievable. The bid that closed today had many 2.5 year 757 Captains and numerous sub 4 year WB Captains. The pension and DC plan are looking very good also.

Luckily we are able to provide better job opportunities to many stagnated or almost furloughed United pilots who are coming over in droves as well as pilots from all other “majors”. So cast all those stones sunny and we will just sit and laugh at people like you. Now back to figuring out what my W2 will read come December 31.

Good day.
For what it’s worth, you did come onto the United thread. I’d be more conciliatory if a UAL pilot spouted off on FEDEX page or the main Majors page. This is kind of home turf and with times tough perhaps it’s a little something for a PAX rev airline pilot to be optimistic about.

Congrats that you are killing it. Perhaps you could go to someone else’s house/page, one where many of them aren’t taking big pay cuts and may get furloughed in June, and brag about your W2. Demonstrating arrogance in the face of ignorance makes you the ass.
Sixty N Two is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ReadOnly7's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt30 View Post
funny you say that, I had a FedEx phone call last night. I’m glad he’s doing well, other than being tone deaf.
you a Peer Pilot or something?
ReadOnly7 is offline  
Old 12-03-2020, 05:05 PM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jdt30's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnly7 View Post
you a Peer Pilot or something?
I felt like one last night. After I got off the phone with him I called a CFI, and told him how good we had it at UAL. Made me feel better😄
jdt30 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A COVID-19 vaccine could be a lifeline... docav8tor COVID19 49 12-04-2020 09:56 AM
Vaccines and TSA Numbers THKooj American 10 11-22-2020 09:36 AM
We need a plan B for no vaccine. Excargodog COVID19 559 11-20-2020 04:23 PM
Vaccine Results Looking Good! TaylorPilot COVID19 71 06-24-2020 11:59 PM
Partial Vaccine May Be Available Now rickair7777 COVID19 50 05-21-2020 08:51 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:16 PM.