Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Delta (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/delta/)
-   -   30 Million Americans Vaccinated In 25 Days (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/delta/131809-30-million-americans-vaccinated-25-days.html)

gzsg 12-05-2020 04:13 AM

30 Million Americans Vaccinated In 25 Days
 
Dr. Vin Gupta: 30 million Americans are likely to get two doses of Covid-19 vaccine by end of year | Sat, Dec 05

gzsg 12-05-2020 04:17 AM

This will all be over by end of March.

Luckily our management is firing on all cylinders and is ready for the surge in demand.

For the past 9 months the savings rate in the United States has been double that of same month 2019.

Record levels.

gzsg 12-05-2020 04:26 AM

Now back to CNN

The world is ending. Trump is lying about vaccines being ready by the election and extremely effective. It will be years before we have a vaccine.

The air lines will all go bankrupt.

DELTAFO 12-05-2020 04:28 AM

That's interesting because this morning CNN put out an article that says federal officials estimate 40 million vaccines will be available at the end of this month which will vaccinate only 20 million people. There are 24 million people who work in frontline healthcare and residents of long term care facilities. This first batch won't cover them let alone regular Americans.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/healt...ate/index.html

gzsg 12-05-2020 04:30 AM

Don’t ever be against America or

Elon Musk

Flying Monkey 12-05-2020 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELTAFO (Post 3167027)
That's interesting because this morning CNN put out an article that says federal officials estimate 40 million vaccines will be available at the end of this month which will vaccinate only 20 million people. There are 24 million people who work in frontline healthcare and residents of long term care facilities. This first batch won't cover them let alone regular Americans.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/healt...ate/index.html

One can only imagine if this had come out a month ago.......

iahflyr 12-05-2020 04:57 AM

Here are some of the other threads gzsg has started this year...

Virus to zero by September [2020]

Southwest to resume a full schedule

Virus weakening
Gzsg wrote the virus “Clinically no longer exists':

And there’s a few others that surely will not come true either:

12% raise for summer 2021

Virus to zero by May 1

Not only is gzsg wrong, gzsg has been impressively wrong.

While I am excited for vaccine rollout, there is no way we vaccinate 30 million people by 12/31/2020. I would bet my next paycheck on that.

theUpsideDown 12-05-2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzsg (Post 3167028)
Don’t ever be against America or

Elon Musk

You're an odd duck.

hvydvr 12-05-2020 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzsg (Post 3167022)
Dr. Vin Gupta: 30 million Americans are likely to get two doses of Covid-19 vaccine by end of year | Sat, Dec 05

Yeah well. The FDA has had the EUA request since 22 Nov and the agency took the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend. 30 million vaccinated in two weeks? Vin need to put down the crackpipe and walk towards the sun.

gzsg 12-05-2020 06:44 AM

May 1st was too long.

End of March.

Are you shorting Tesla? How’s that going for you?

Back to doom and gloom and CNN.

World is ending and all air lines will file bankruptcy.

Sky is falling.

And the stock market?

ARKK

ARKG up 128% YTD

SQ

NNDM

TSLA

GBTC

PACB

Listen Eeyore you better tell Wall Street the end is near and short the market huge.

if only they came here for advice. Idiots.

DeltaboundRedux 12-05-2020 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELTAFO (Post 3167027)
That's interesting because this morning CNN put out an article that says federal officials estimate 40 million vaccines will be available at the end of this month which will vaccinate only 20 million people. There are 24 million people who work in frontline healthcare and residents of long term care facilities. This first batch won't cover them let alone regular Americans.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/healt...ate/index.html

Genuinely curious to see who gets on the list of "Frontline" Americans. How it's compiled. Do doctors have to self-isolate for 2 weeks after injection, for example? The old? (imagine complications more likely with elderly). Wal-Mart employees? Bus drivers?

Biden said upwards of an additional 250,000 dead by January. Basically 50,000 a week then? Total death count for Vietnam was about 58,000. This is like 5 Vietnams in a month, quoted the party of science, which we all believe in.

Frankly, with that kind of mortality rate, it's amazing vaccine stations aren't going to be guarded with M-1 Abrams.

This vaccine doesn't even confer immunity, right? Just lessens the symptoms? Will we be required to self-isolate for Covid symptoms after the shot(s) until literally every person is inoculated?

Not out of the woods yet, not by a long shot.

Al Czervik 12-05-2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaboundRedux (Post 3167084)
Biden said upwards of an additional 250,000 dead by January. Basically 50,000 a week then?

.....really?

Phins2right 12-05-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELTAFO (Post 3167027)
That's interesting because this morning CNN put out an article that says federal officials estimate 40 million vaccines will be available at the end of this month which will vaccinate only 20 million people. There are 24 million people who work in frontline healthcare and residents of long term care facilities. This first batch won't cover them let alone regular Americans.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/healt...ate/index.html


My front line medical spouse (an MD) is not going to take it. Most of her peers and counterparts are not going to take it.

Apparently more are not going to either:
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/co...fety-concerns/

You should be concerned, if teh docs are balking at this crap, you should probably look at it again.

HCQ is a known cure. Simple, cheap, effective.

Sad they are trying to force vaccine that has at least a 2% negative to severe side effect for a bug with like .02% mortality rate. Clown world.

Best of luck to you all.

Gspeed 12-05-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iahflyr (Post 3167037)
Here are some of the other threads gzsg has started this year...

Virus to zero by September [2020]

Southwest to resume a full schedule

Virus weakening
Gzsg wrote the virus “Clinically no longer exists':

And there’s a few others that surely will not come true either:

12% raise for summer 2021

Virus to zero by May 1

Not only is gzsg wrong, gzsg has been impressively wrong.

While I am excited for vaccine rollout, there is no way we vaccinate 30 million people by 12/31/2020. I would bet my next paycheck on that.

His predictions are as solid as that Phins nutjob. :rolleyes:

DeltaboundRedux 12-05-2020 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 3167098)
.....really?

Really, what?

Really "did he say it?" or "is it likely?"

Biden quote "We are likely to lose another 250,000 people dead between now and January. You hear me? Because people aren't paying attention". -Dec 2, 2020

Party of science, remember. Party. Of. Science. P.O.S.

So I guess that's happening now, because science. Only mention it because it has obvious implications for vaccine distribution, vaccine security, businesses reopening, and airlines resuming normal operations.

theUpsideDown 12-05-2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzsg (Post 3167070)
May 1st was too long.

End of March.

Are you shorting Tesla? How’s that going for you?

Back to doom and gloom and CNN.

World is ending and all air lines will file bankruptcy.

Sky is falling.

And the stock market?

ARKK

ARKG up 128% YTD

SQ

NNDM

TSLA

GBTC

PACB

Listen Eeyore you better tell Wall Street the end is near and short the market huge.

if only they came here for advice. Idiots.

Who are you having these conversations with?

Excargodog 12-05-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaboundRedux (Post 3167107)
Really, what?

Really "did he say it?" or "is it likely?"

Biden quote "We are likely to lose another 250,000 people dead between now and January. You hear me? Because people aren't paying attention". -Dec 2, 2020

I’d consider the man a more reliable source for prognosticating if experience had shown he reliably knew what state he was in, what office he was running for, and if he could reliably distinguish between his wife and his sister.

in fairness, not many politicians have a good grounding in math or the sciences, hence the attempt by a state legislature once to change the value of pi - just in the one state - by act of the state legislature.


https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...e-pi/99169566/

wrxpilot 12-05-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phins2right (Post 3167099)
My front line medical spouse (an MD) is not going to take it. Most of her peers and counterparts are not going to take it.

Apparently more are not going to either:
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/co...fety-concerns/

You should be concerned, if teh docs are balking at this crap, you should probably look at it again.

HCQ is a known cure. Simple, cheap, effective.

Sad they are trying to force vaccine that has at least a 2% negative to severe side effect for a bug with like .02% mortality rate. Clown world.

Best of luck to you all.

You are completely full of BS.

My wife actually is a frontline medical worker (nurse and paramedic), and they are required to be vaccinated as terms of their employment. The stuff you post on here about your supposed MD spouse and “teh docs” is laughable. You are clearly just a liar.

DenverPilot8 12-05-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phins2right (Post 3167099)
My front line medical spouse (an MD) is not going to take it. Most of her peers and counterparts are not going to take it.

Apparently more are not going to either:
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/co...fety-concerns/

You should be concerned, if teh docs are balking at this crap, you should probably look at it again.

HCQ is a known cure. Simple, cheap, effective.

Sad they are trying to force vaccine that has at least a 2% negative to severe side effect for a bug with like .02% mortality rate. Clown world.

Best of luck to you all.

HCQ is not a “known cure”. The only “clown” is deniers like you. Btw .02% of the US population is 7 million people. Let it spread and eventually everyone gets it. Mortality rate isnt the only issue. Just another flu eh? The let it spread till heard immunity crowd is out of their minds and takes their “science” from talking heads. We are basically trying the heard immunity thing right now and we had almost 3000 people die in a single day yesterday. Oh but wait it’s the 100s of doctors and medical examiners putting their licenses on the line to commit insurance fraud to get more money for the hospitals by inflating Covid deaths right? Covid case numbers are 6 times what they were in the Summer. Positivity rate is insanely high now. 10% more testing and 40-50% higher positivity rates. I’m surprised with someone with a spouse in the medical field being so obtuse. Anyway I know I’m just yelling into the void.

DeltaboundRedux 12-05-2020 05:35 PM

All I know is that a President elect like Joseph Biden, who is on record as having claimed to have marched with Nelson Mandela (!)...and arrested!!! (Well, “detained” when asked to clarify), who is the leader of the POS (Party of Science (!)) Party, has told us to expect 50,000 deaths a week for the next 5 weeks because “You won’t listen”!!!!

Listen. Listen to the Leader of the POS. If you don’t follow the POS President elect, you’re complicit in the deaths of a quarter million fellow Americans in less than a month...more deadly than any US war. This man is the leader of the free world, and when your duly elected POS leader tells you something, you should listen.

And obey.

(I actually am a bit concerned about Covid spikes, but am unconvinced that the vaccine(s) will have their desired effects. Hence resume updating. Not optimistic about Major US carrier fortunes, including SWA for the 1st time)

Stan446 12-05-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzsg (Post 3167022)
Dr. Vin Gupta: 30 million Americans are likely to get two doses of Covid-19 vaccine by end of year | Sat, Dec 05

Nope, Biden Media hype. Lots of people NO on taking the vaccine.

DenverPilot8 12-05-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaboundRedux (Post 3167302)
All I know is that a President elect like Joseph Biden, who is on record as having claimed to have marched with Nelson Mandela (!)...and arrested!!! (Well, “detained” when asked to clarify), who is the leader of the POS (Party of Science (!)) Party, has told us to expect 50,000 deaths a week for the next 5 weeks because “You won’t listen”!!!!

Listen. Listen to the Leader of the POS. If you don’t follow the POS President elect, you’re complicit in the deaths of a quarter million fellow Americans in less than a month...more deadly than any US war. This man is the leader of the free world, and when your duly elected POS leader tells you something, you should listen.

And obey.

(I actually am a bit concerned about Covid spikes, but am unconvinced that the vaccine(s) will have their desired effects. Hence resume updating. Not optimistic about Major US carrier fortunes, including SWA for the 1st time)

I would rather follow the Party Of Science as you called it than a deranged wanna be dictator that has made ZERO mention of the thousands of people dying from Covid everyday since the election You seem to insanely think that somehow American politics is the only thing happening in the world. Even if I fact checked your statement on marching with Mandela, what the hell does that have to do with Covid? I want you Covid deniers/minimizers to just do the math for me. Prove to me why it’s not a big deal. Remember when Fauci got death threats for saying we would get to over 100k cases a day??? I would DEF rather get back to normal life. Most minimizers like to quote the .02% mortality rate.

So follow me logically here. We stop all shut downs, mask wearing, distancing (you know cuz freedom/Biden sucks/scientist are political pawns/I ain’t Obeying) and let it do its thing. Eventually 80% or more of the country gets Covid at some point. That’s 5.6 million deaths in the US (.02% mortality rate). But I would argue the number is higher since completely unabated you have people who won’t have access to treatment not to mention gaps in the current health care system. Yesterday we had almost 3000 deaths in 1 day. So average that for winter, summer (less deaths) then winter again and say that averages 2000 per day. That’s 730,000 for this next year. And if you say well we’ve “only” had 300,000 deaths this year you’d be right but remember the virus only started spreading here earlier in the year and as infected people increase the rate of spread increases. So with those numbers you have the 6 million eventual death numbers in a few years. Meanwhile any “old” person or person with pre-existing conditions gets an open and free economy but lives with what I would imagine is at least a shred of fear. “Isolate the vulnerable” they will say. How? Age 60-90? What about age 59? What conditions? Are these people allowed outside? Who does their grocery shopping? This is just the US. Do that on a global scale. .02 % death rate for even a simple majority of the world is millions of people. Take politics out of it and explain to me how this isn’t the scinario? The same absolute fools who push this narrative of “ it’s not a big deal” are the same people who also say they wouldn’t take a vaccine (which will require 70% or so compliance to get heard immunity). So masks are stupid, businesses need to be fully open, and I won’t take a vaccine either..got it. Finally you said that you are inclined to let everyone else to take the risk on taking a vaccine because you don’t want to. Meanwhile you seem perfectly content to continue to be a vector for the virus in the meantime. And don’t take my word for it. I’m not here to SHAME or virtue signal because I really really don’t care about that. But I have yet to have any denier/minimizer explain to me how the math works out besides saying that the death rate is only 02%. Just explain it to me with the numbers. I’m ready to change my mind and live in Covid free bliss!

Nantonaku 12-05-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 (Post 3167314)
I would rather follow the Party Of Science as you called it than a deranged wanna be dictator that has made ZERO mention of the thousands of people dying from Covid everyday since the election You seem to insanely think that somehow American politics is the only thing happening in the world. Even if I fact checked your statement on marching with Mandela, what the hell does that have to do with Covid? I want you Covid deniers/minimizers to just do the math for me. Prove to me why it’s not a big deal. Remember when Fauci got death threats for saying we would get to over 100k cases a day??? I would DEF rather get back to normal life. Most minimizers like to quote the .02% mortality rate.

So follow me logically here. We stop all shut downs, mask wearing, distancing (you know cuz freedom/Biden sucks/scientist are political pawns/I ain’t Obeying) and let it do its thing. Eventually 80% or more of the country gets Covid at some point. That’s 5.6 million deaths in the US (.02% mortality rate). But I would argue the number is higher since completely unabated you have people who won’t have access to treatment not to mention gaps in the current health care system. Yesterday we had almost 3000 deaths in 1 day. So average that for winter, summer (less deaths) then winter again and say that averages 2000 per day. That’s 730,000 for this next year. And if you say well we’ve “only” had 300,000 deaths this year you’d be right but remember the virus only started spreading here earlier in the year and as infected people increase the rate of spread increases. So with those numbers you have the 6 million eventual death numbers in a few years. Meanwhile any “old” person or person with pre-existing conditions gets an open and free economy but lives with what I would imagine is at least a shred of fear. “Isolate the vulnerable” they will say. How? Age 60-90? What about age 59? What conditions? Are these people allowed outside? Who does their grocery shopping? This is just the US. Do that on a global scale. .02 % death rate for even a simple majority of the world is millions of people. Take politics out of it and explain to me how this isn’t the scinario? The same absolute fools who push this narrative of “ it’s not a big deal” are the same people who also say they wouldn’t take a vaccine (which will require 70% or so compliance to get heard immunity). So masks are stupid, businesses need to be fully open, and I won’t take a vaccine either..got it. Finally you said that you are inclined to let everyone else to take the risk on taking a vaccine because you don’t want to. Meanwhile you seem perfectly content to continue to be a vector for the virus in the meantime. And don’t take my word for it. I’m not here to SHAME or virtue signal because I really really don’t care about that. But I have yet to have any denier/minimizer explain to me how the math works out besides saying that the death rate is only 02%. Just explain it to me with the numbers. I’m ready to change my mind and live in Covid free bliss!

It sounds like you should wait this out in your basement. Maybe poke your head back out in year and see if the world is still here.

DenverPilot8 12-05-2020 06:31 PM

Refute the math. Deniers never have an argument to stand on. If I said 1 million deaths and only 999,000 died you would feel vindicated because I wasn’t EXACTLY right. That’s the problem. Burden of proof for deniers is 100% and nothing less.

Seneca Pilot 12-05-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 (Post 3167321)
Refute the math. Deniers never have an argument to stand on. If I said 1 million deaths and only 999,000 died you would feel vindicated because I wasn’t EXACTLY right. That’s the problem. Burden of proof for deniers is 100% and nothing less.

Are you sure of your math? Really sure?

DenverPilot8 12-05-2020 06:44 PM

No I’m not absolutely sure man. But you guys seem to LOVE to quote how not deadly the virus is as the main reason why it’s not a big deal. What in our current situation makes you think that we are not heading towards at least a semblance of what I laid out if we were to follow the minimizers wishes? Seriously. Vaccines are gonna help I hope. But my argument stands against to people who deny deny deny, minimize and minimize. Does the virus just magically stop spreading then? Does the death rate not apply somehow? “only” .02% right? 300,000 dead already. Just give me the number of deaths where it becomes a big deal. What’s your number? Tear my argument apart with non political logic. I genuinely want to know

Seneca Pilot 12-05-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 (Post 3167325)
No I’m not absolutely sure man. But you guys seem to LOVE to quote how not deadly the virus is as the main reason why it’s not a big deal. What in our current situation makes you think that we are not heading towards at least a semblance of what I laid out if we were to follow the minimizers wishes? Seriously. Vaccines are gonna help I hope. But my argument stands against to people who deny deny deny, minimize and minimize. Does the virus just magically stop spreading then? Does the death rate not apply somehow? 300,000 dead already. Just give me the number of deaths where it becomes a big deal. What’s your number?


Well the closest comparison we have is the 1918 flu and it died out in a little over two years. It attacked a much younger demographic and was therefore much more severe. It is already a big deal and I don't think anyone is saying otherwise, but the worldwide death rate is way below your numbers as your math is off. We in the US will have a higher percentage of deaths than the world as a whole due to our demographics, population densities, mobility, and customs but not on the order of ten times the world average. Just check your numbers then take a drink and relax. It isn't as bad as you think.

TED74 12-05-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 (Post 3167314)
I would rather follow the Party Of Science as you called it than a deranged wanna be dictator that has made ZERO mention of the thousands of people dying from Covid everyday since the election You seem to insanely think that somehow American politics is the only thing happening in the world. Even if I fact checked your statement on marching with Mandela, what the hell does that have to do with Covid? I want you Covid deniers/minimizers to just do the math for me. Prove to me why it’s not a big deal. Remember when Fauci got death threats for saying we would get to over 100k cases a day??? I would DEF rather get back to normal life. Most minimizers like to quote the .02% mortality rate.

So follow me logically here. We stop all shut downs, mask wearing, distancing (you know cuz freedom/Biden sucks/scientist are political pawns/I ain’t Obeying) and let it do its thing. Eventually 80% or more of the country gets Covid at some point. That’s 5.6 million deaths in the US (.02% mortality rate). But I would argue the number is higher since completely unabated you have people who won’t have access to treatment not to mention gaps in the current health care system. Yesterday we had almost 3000 deaths in 1 day. So average that for winter, summer (less deaths) then winter again and say that averages 2000 per day. That’s 730,000 for this next year. And if you say well we’ve “only” had 300,000 deaths this year you’d be right but remember the virus only started spreading here earlier in the year and as infected people increase the rate of spread increases. So with those numbers you have the 6 million eventual death numbers in a few years. Meanwhile any “old” person or person with pre-existing conditions gets an open and free economy but lives with what I would imagine is at least a shred of fear. “Isolate the vulnerable” they will say. How? Age 60-90? What about age 59? What conditions? Are these people allowed outside? Who does their grocery shopping? This is just the US. Do that on a global scale. .02 % death rate for even a simple majority of the world is millions of people. Take politics out of it and explain to me how this isn’t the scinario? The same absolute fools who push this narrative of “ it’s not a big deal” are the same people who also say they wouldn’t take a vaccine (which will require 70% or so compliance to get heard immunity). So masks are stupid, businesses need to be fully open, and I won’t take a vaccine either..got it. Finally you said that you are inclined to let everyone else to take the risk on taking a vaccine because you don’t want to. Meanwhile you seem perfectly content to continue to be a vector for the virus in the meantime. And don’t take my word for it. I’m not here to SHAME or virtue signal because I really really don’t care about that. But I have yet to have any denier/minimizer explain to me how the math works out besides saying that the death rate is only 02%. Just explain it to me with the numbers. I’m ready to change my mind and live in Covid free bliss!

The only way this verbiage will change anyone's mind is if it's broadcast regularly on Fox News, or Breitbart or OANN between My Pillow and buy-gold commercials. The regular viewers over there don't want to watch or listen to anything else...facts and perspective and nuance and complexity and critical thinking be darned. Half the country is already picking up what you're laying down but the other half simply won't believe what isn't fed to them by their handlers.

"Take politics out of it..." - good luck. That ship sailed and sank years ago. I've watched otherwise good men completely lose functionality of their thinker whilst believing bizarre and impossible mass conspiracies have taken root in all corners of our government and private society. There's a reason that con men can be so effective - people sole-source their "news" and information to organizations that profit directly from FUD and unabashed advertising. Capitalism had a good run, but greed is going to get the better of us all before too much longer. Perhaps that's at the root of our country's new found interest in authoritarianism.

Oh well. I'm sure 2021 will be great.

bode 12-05-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 (Post 3167283)
HCQ is not a “known cure”. The only “clown” is deniers like you. Btw .02% of the US population is 7 million people. Let it spread and eventually everyone gets it. Mortality rate isnt the only issue. Just another flu eh? The let it spread till heard immunity crowd is out of their minds and takes their “science” from talking heads. We are basically trying the heard immunity thing right now and we had almost 3000 people die in a single day yesterday. Oh but wait it’s the 100s of doctors and medical examiners putting their licenses on the line to commit insurance fraud to get more money for the hospitals by inflating Covid deaths right? Covid case numbers are 6 times what they were in the Summer. Positivity rate is insanely high now. 10% more testing and 40-50% higher positivity rates. I’m surprised with someone with a spouse in the medical field being so obtuse. Anyway I know I’m just yelling into the void.


You may want to rethink your numbers. Over two million tests yesterday and 6 months ago we were looking at about 4-500k.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...94cf89dc84.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeltaboundRedux 12-05-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 (Post 3167314)
I would rather follow the Party Of Science as you called it than a deranged wanna be dictator that has made ZERO mention of the thousands of people dying from Covid everyday since the election You seem to insanely think that somehow American politics is the only thing happening in the world. Even if I fact checked your statement on marching with Mandela, what the hell does that have to do with Covid? I want you Covid deniers/minimizers to just do the math for me. Prove to me why it’s not a big deal. Remember when Fauci got death threats for saying we would get to over 100k cases a day??? I would DEF rather get back to normal life. Most minimizers like to quote the .02% mortality rate.

So follow me logically here. We stop all shut downs, mask wearing, distancing (you know cuz freedom/Biden sucks/scientist are political pawns/I ain’t Obeying) and let it do its thing. Eventually 80% or more of the country gets Covid at some point. That’s 5.6 million deaths in the US (.02% mortality rate). But I would argue the number is higher since completely unabated you have people who won’t have access to treatment not to mention gaps in the current health care system. Yesterday we had almost 3000 deaths in 1 day. So average that for winter, summer (less deaths) then winter again and say that averages 2000 per day. That’s 730,000 for this next year. And if you say well we’ve “only” had 300,000 deaths this year you’d be right but remember the virus only started spreading here earlier in the year and as infected people increase the rate of spread increases. So with those numbers you have the 6 million eventual death numbers in a few years. Meanwhile any “old” person or person with pre-existing conditions gets an open and free economy but lives with what I would imagine is at least a shred of fear. “Isolate the vulnerable” they will say. How? Age 60-90? What about age 59? What conditions? Are these people allowed outside? Who does their grocery shopping? This is just the US. Do that on a global scale. .02 % death rate for even a simple majority of the world is millions of people. Take politics out of it and explain to me how this isn’t the scinario? The same absolute fools who push this narrative of “ it’s not a big deal” are the same people who also say they wouldn’t take a vaccine (which will require 70% or so compliance to get heard immunity). So masks are stupid, businesses need to be fully open, and I won’t take a vaccine either..got it. Finally you said that you are inclined to let everyone else to take the risk on taking a vaccine because you don’t want to. Meanwhile you seem perfectly content to continue to be a vector for the virus in the meantime. And don’t take my word for it. I’m not here to SHAME or virtue signal because I really really don’t care about that. But I have yet to have any denier/minimizer explain to me how the math works out besides saying that the death rate is only 02%. Just explain it to me with the numbers. I’m ready to change my mind and live in Covid free bliss!

“6 million eventual deaths”.

Problematic. Use care. This is not a narrative you want to push. Not “6 million”. Pick another number...ANY other number. Very, very problematic.

As for the rest: the POS Party is ascendant. This 50,000 deaths a week is the POS science position, and I do not dispute it. IT IS A BIG DEAL.

More relevant to this thread, and this industry: as the POS declares that we are “not listening”, and the equivalent of a whole Vietnam’s worth of deaths will happen every week, indefinitely....what will that do to airline travel, with or without the vaccine....which reduces symptoms, not infection rates?

More lockdowns are coming, and Delta’s burn rate is [proprietary], but not infinite. More than one Major will fail.

Wall Street seems happy with the new direction. I’m not so sure. 3 years, minimum before travel is back to 2019 rates. 5-7 years of debt servicing before bonuses again, if ever.

Just my guess. I put my stock dollars in lots of places...but not airlines. Not even Big-D, which I truly am fond of.

(I’ll take stock options though. )

DenverPilot8 12-05-2020 08:35 PM

It’s like beating my head against a wall. 6 million is a potential number IF and only IF we all just followed the people who say we shouldn’t shut down, distance, wear masks, mitigate AT ALL. Don’t listen to experts. Scholars, doctors, scientists or any other educated person of knowledge which is what they want. To be clear because the death rate is “only .02%”. So then .02% of the US population is about 700,000 people but with much less than the entire country infected we are already at 300,000 deaths. That’s just the math. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not predicting that many will in fact die and It’s not going to happen because thankfully not the entire country thinks like that and we have vaccines coming despite the best efforts of the people that couldn’t lift a finger to help the cause. I’m not perfect by any means but what can you do when pilots argue to not do anything to mitigate a 100 year global pandemic virus that’s literally destroying their own industry because ah they don’t like a political party or whatever insane reason that has literally nothing to do with the facts of the virus on the ground. I’ll stop now because I’ll get another “you live in your moms basement” or “you’re scared” response and it’s just not even worth it.

OOfff 12-06-2020 01:52 AM

Weird how upset people are about the party of a 50k/week number as we cruise through 4000 deaths per day and rising, but nobody seems mad about the party of claims of the virus disappearing entirely in weeks, intentionally misleading the public, or profiteering off the virus 🤔

wrxpilot 12-06-2020 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OOfff (Post 3167373)
Weird how upset people are about the party of a 50k/week number as we cruise through 4000 deaths per day and rising, but nobody seems mad about the party of claims of the virus disappearing entirely in weeks, intentionally misleading the public, or profiteering off the virus 🤔

It’s like watching a little child, plugging his ears and throwing a tantrum because he doesn’t like what mommie said. I’m truly amazed at how stupid our society has become over the last few years.

waldo135 12-06-2020 04:00 AM

Point of order. 350,000,000 x 0.02%. = 70,000. Math.

SawF16 12-06-2020 04:23 AM

Deleted with extreme prejudice.

Gunfighter 12-06-2020 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 (Post 3167353)
To be clear because the death rate is “only .02%”. So then .02% of the US population is about 700,000

Quote:

Originally Posted by waldo135 (Post 3167388)
Point of order. 350,000,000 x 0.02%. = 70,000. Math.

POS, not Party of Math (POM). Remember these are the same people who can save the world by taxing the rich out of existence. They just need more power and control to fix the world. Socialism didn’t work all those other places because “the party” didn’t have enough control. If only they were given complete authority it would have worked.

I get the well intentioned motives of saving people from themselves, but complete authoritarian rule is not the way. If we really cared about saving 50,000 lives, maybe we should be fat shaming, protesting at drive thrus and doxing smokers. ;)

TED74 12-06-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunfighter (Post 3167428)
Remember these are the same people who can save the world by taxing the rich out of existence. ;)

Unfortunately the extreme right wants you to believe that everyone left of them wants ultra high tax rates. No one with any influence is proposing such things, but we sure do have a lot of people scared by the AOC boogeyman.

Some of us think historic tax rates over the last couple of decades were just fine, and they produced more rich people than ever before in history. We are also tired of subsidizing billionaires and think they can probably do okay without government hand outs. I'm told the guy who started Home Depot (a little mom and pop startup you might have heard of) did so when income over 100k was taxed at 70%.

But sure...anyone who voted for Biden wants all sorts of things he didn't even run on because Rush told me so.

Excargodog 12-06-2020 07:59 AM

Meanwhile, back on the subject...
 
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/healt...ate/index.html


Federal officials estimate about 40 million vaccines will be available by the end of the month if both Moderna and Pfizer get US Food and Drug Administration authorization -- only enough to vaccinate 20 million people, because two doses are needed for each person.
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asse...m-plus-169.jpg
But even that number will fall short. Pfizer is only expected to have 6.4 million doses of vaccine ready by mid-December.
A CNN analysis of 27 states' vaccine data showed that none were getting enough vaccine in the first shipment to vaccinate all their first priority group, including health care workers and long-term care residents. CNN was able to confirm the expected size of the first shipment of vaccine for at least 45 states, and the number of people prioritized in a least 27 states.
Now states must decide how they will ration the vaccine among their top priority groups and how the small first installment affects the timetable of when groups down the line can be vaccinated. Some states are already being forced to triage -- choosing which health care workers are a higher priority than others.
California must vaccinate 2.4 million healthcare workers first and Gov. Gavin Newsom said earlier this week that the state is only receiving 327,000 doses of the vaccine from Pfizer to start with.
Since that covers just a fraction of the healthcare workers needed to get vaccinated, Newsom said Thursday the state would be trimming its list of top priority group of healthcare workers even further to decide who gets vaccinated first.
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/asse...m-plus-169.jpg
"It's one thing when you hear the national news about, well, we broadly all agree that our healthcare workers and skilled nursing residential care and assisted living facilities should be prioritized, but that is millions and millions of people. When you only have a few hundred thousand doses of vaccines -- doses, you need two doses -- you can cut that in half in terms of the total number of people that actually will be fully vaccinated. We have to look at some prioritization of those doses, and we've done just that," Newsom said Thursday.

Gspeed 12-06-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TED74 (Post 3167440)
Unfortunately the extreme right wants you to believe that everyone left of them wants ultra high tax rates. No one with any influence is proposing such things, but we sure do have a lot of people scared by the AOC boogeyman.

Some of us think historic tax rates over the last couple of decades were just fine, and they produced more rich people than ever before in history. We are also tired of subsidizing billionaires and think they can probably do okay without government hand outs. I'm told the guy who started Home Depot (a little mom and pop startup you might have heard of) did so when income over 100k was taxed at 70%.

But sure...anyone who voted for Biden wants all sorts of things he didn't even run on because Rush told me so.

+1

#10char

Knobcrk1 12-06-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 (Post 3167353)
It’s like beating my head against a wall. 6 million is a potential number IF and only IF we all just followed the people who say we shouldn’t shut down, distance, wear masks, mitigate AT ALL. Don’t listen to experts. Scholars, doctors, scientists or any other educated person of knowledge which is what they want. To be clear because the death rate is “only .02%”. So then .02% of the US population is about 700,000 people but with much less than the entire country infected we are already at 300,000 deaths. That’s just the math. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not predicting that many will in fact die and It’s not going to happen because thankfully not the entire country thinks like that and we have vaccines coming despite the best efforts of the people that couldn’t lift a finger to help the cause. I’m not perfect by any means but what can you do when pilots argue to not do anything to mitigate a 100 year global pandemic virus that’s literally destroying their own industry because ah they don’t like a political party or whatever insane reason that has literally nothing to do with the facts of the virus on the ground. I’ll stop now because I’ll get another “you live in your moms basement” or “you’re scared” response and it’s just not even worth it.

Exactly. This is what I don’t understand too about the irony of it all. It’s understandable why the other half here sounds like Tucker and Laura just regurgitating what they hear on the shows without any actual personal free thinking idea, however don’t they realise that choosing to go that political route hurts their own industry? The only way their jobs will be saved is if cases are low, not deaths, cases. It’s like antimatter, why would you rather blindly tow the party line rather than do what will help your own industry?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:33 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands