Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 26
Default Envoy Reserve Times

So far my friends that started at Envoy in early 18 are still on reserve. Does anyone know if there is a plan to bring it down? I think a year on reserve is a new hire FO seems excessive

Last edited by AV8R72; 03-15-2019 at 06:54 PM.
AV8R72 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8R72 View Post
So far my friends that started at Envoy in late early 18 are still on reserve. Does anyone know if there is a plan to bring it down? I think a year on reserve is a new hire FO seems excessive
It used to be longer.
Cyio is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #3  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 2,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8R72 View Post
So far my friends that started at Envoy in late early 18 are still on reserve. Does anyone know if there is a plan to bring it down? I think a year on reserve is a new hire FO seems excessive
It's only a few months on the 175 side.
dera is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #4  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
It's only a few months on the 175 side.
What would the odds of a 38 year old getting the 175? If I understand right, itís cadets, prior 121, then age....
AV8R72 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #5  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 2,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8R72 View Post
What would the odds of a 38 year old getting the 175? If I understand right, itís cadets, prior 121, then age....
100% off my class. And the class after that. 0% off class after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xjr2hnOHiM
dera is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: ERJ Right
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8R72 View Post
What would the odds of a 38 year old getting the 175? If I understand right, itís cadets, prior 121, then age....
About as good as throwing darts at a dart board blindfolded, with someone thay keeps changing the size of the board and bullseye.

If you gotta fly the 175 it's probably best you work for Compass or Republic. There is a decent chance you could end up being thoroughly disappointed.

-Keep the dirty side down
3GreenKSNA is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #7  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GreenKSNA View Post
About as good as throwing darts at a dart board blindfolded, with someone thay keeps changing the size of the board and bullseye.

If you gotta fly the 175 it's probably best you work for Compass or Republic. There is a decent chance you could end up being thoroughly disappointed.

-Keep the dirty side down
I donít care what I fly, just want to build 121 time. I think Iím down to Envoy and GoJet. I think I know the pros and cons of both, but the big question mark is reserve time oath envoy. Thatís the one thing that makes me lean more toward GoJet
AV8R72 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #8  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 2,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8R72 View Post
I donít care what I fly, just want to build 121 time. I think Iím down to Envoy and GoJet. I think I know the pros and cons of both, but the big question mark is reserve time oath envoy. Thatís the one thing that makes me lean more toward GoJet
Go where you can drive to work.

But whatever you do, don't go to GoJet.
dera is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:19 PM   #9  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
Go where you can drive to work.

But whatever you do, don't go to GoJet.
Can you expand on that? I live in Little Rock so I canít drive to any regional. What I like about GoJet is no reserve, 26k bonus the first year, upgrade around 13 months after IOE, and very short reserve for CAís.

Envoy would be my choice if I knew I wasnít gonna sit reserve for 8-12 months.
AV8R72 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8R72 View Post
I donít care what I fly, just want to build 121 time. I think Iím down to Envoy and GoJet. I think I know the pros and cons of both, but the big question mark is reserve time oath envoy. Thatís the one thing that makes me lean more toward GoJet
Everyone thinks ďI just need some 121 time.Ē Unless you are one of the small group that adds diversity to the hiring pool, there is so much more to the equation. You need to consider QOL along the way.
pitchattitude is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reserve times Noleone Air Wisconsin 13 08-11-2018 03:52 AM
ORD and Reserve Times AZPilotMike Air Wisconsin 2 01-12-2018 06:42 PM
Questions to the FRB ryan1234 Money Talk 6 09-27-2008 07:31 AM
FDX - Reserve improvements next contract Adlerdriver Cargo 39 03-11-2008 07:09 AM
Average reserve times? withthatsaid182 Regional 22 11-09-2007 08:37 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:27 PM.