Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
ELPflyer225's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 19
Default Union Assisted Base Transfer

Hello all, Iíve been scouring the forums searching for something that a union rep mentioned to my class in training. In an essence it works out as a one-for-one swap of pilots between bases outside of the normal vacancy bidding. I canít seem to find either on the union website or company website where to get this process started. Any leads and/or suggestions would be much appreciated if something like this were to exist.
ELPflyer225 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
3GreenKSNA's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: ERJ Right
Posts: 485
Default

Send an Email to your union rep, the MEC might maintain a list of folks interested in conducting a mutual inter domicile transfer, MIDT. The hardest part will be finding the other party that wants to trade bases with you.

-Keep the dirty side down
3GreenKSNA is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 05:36 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FlyPurdue's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Posts: 268
Default

There is an automated form on the Envoy MEC website.

Pilot Resources ó> Forms ó> MIDT

Good luck!
FlyPurdue is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 05:53 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
pitchattitude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPflyer225 View Post
Hello all, Iíve been scouring the forums searching for something that a union rep mentioned to my class in training. In an essence it works out as a one-for-one swap of pilots between bases outside of the normal vacancy bidding. I canít seem to find either on the union website or company website where to get this process started. Any leads and/or suggestions would be much appreciated if something like this were to exist.
I would look at the flow plan and see if there is someone in the base you want that has been awarded where you are. That says they want to transfer, but the transfer date hasnít happens yet.

But I donít know if that will work if you donít actually have seniority to hold it.
pitchattitude is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #5  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
ELPflyer225's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
I would look at the flow plan and see if there is someone in the base you want that has been awarded where you are. That says they want to transfer, but the transfer date hasnít happens yet.

But I donít know if that will work if you donít actually have seniority to hold it.

Unfortunately Iím still working my way through the reserve pool. Should be line eligible in ORD. Appreciate the help gentlemen.
ELPflyer225 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cujo665's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
There is an automated form on the Envoy MEC website.

Pilot Resources ó> Forms ó> MIDT

Good luck!
This is correct.
The Mutual Inter Domicile Transfer is accessed from the union website.
Cujo665 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amerijet To Vote on Ending IBT Representation White Cap Cargo 49 09-26-2019 07:11 PM
FLOPS history AP101, for FLEX pilots astroglydenn Fractional 6 05-16-2018 04:49 AM
Skywest lovellrt SkyWest 15181 02-25-2016 06:47 PM
Say "NO" to FDX CBA Section 29 Tennstatelaw Cargo 72 05-12-2012 10:41 AM
Union Question/Help WstCstSlave Part 135 11 07-10-2009 05:00 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:42 PM.