Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Ijustlikeflying's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 411
Default NYC

So...why hasnít there been an announcement on nyc. I think the writing is on the wall, the more the union and company donít communicate to the pilot group, the more the morale will go down. Just be honest.
Ijustlikeflying is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
coodrough568's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustlikeflying View Post
So...why hasnít there been an announcement on nyc. I think the writing is on the wall, the more the union and company donít communicate to the pilot group, the more the morale will go down. Just be honest.
I agree. And I wonder whatís going on too. AA has already said they are replacing our 50 seaters with JBís Airbuses. I just wonder why everyone but Envoy management has basically told us itís over.

I was trying to get released on Sunday and they wouldnít release me ďin the event they need to send me to ChicagoĒ. Because staffing is ďso lowĒ over there. I think that was a lie. They know they need no one in NYC anymore and are going to use us somewhere else. We flew the last two planes to DFW Monday night. We have no planes there and I am scheduled for RAP this weekend.
coodrough568 is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 11:35 AM   #3  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2020
Posts: 8
Default

I havenít been on property long enough to see a base closure. Any idea as to what comes with that for LGA guys who are forced to another base. I know theyíve done unlimited hotels and little things like that, but in this Covid climate who knows. I decided on this last displacement Iím better off riding down the NYC ship than being proactive and grabbin ORD 175 etc. But I agree, if they know itís coming the sooner we know the better. Maybe not better for mgmt though 🤷🏻‍♂️
TexAg11 is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 11:52 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
coodrough568's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg11 View Post
I havenít been on property long enough to see a base closure. Any idea as to what comes with that for LGA guys who are forced to another base. I know theyíve done unlimited hotels and little things like that, but in this Covid climate who knows. I decided on this last displacement Iím better off riding down the NYC ship than being proactive and grabbin ORD 175 etc. But I agree, if they know itís coming the sooner we know the better. Maybe not better for mgmt though 🤷🏻‍♂️

they will have to do another displacement bid. Which is happening in September. I just am betting that the base is now closing sooner rather than later. So for the time being they will have to release us or TDY us to another base.

Last edited by coodrough568; 07-28-2020 at 12:15 PM.
coodrough568 is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
But seriously's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 229
Default

I donít see why theyíd bother with a TDY. They were over staffed everywhere BEFORE the big AUG schedule cuts. If theyíre going to be paying 40-50 pilots to just sit around, why would they bother paying for their hotel rooms too.

On the other hand, I wouldnít put it past management to actually spend money just to screw over pilots.
But seriously is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 12:16 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
coodrough568's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by But seriously View Post
On the other hand, I wouldnít put it past management to actually spend money just to screw over pilots.
say it louder for those in the back
coodrough568 is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MqWhistleblower's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2019
Posts: 152
Default

The company is probably not talking to our union. What a big surprise to see management stalling us. I didnít see that one coming.
MqWhistleblower is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 03:34 PM   #8  
Line Holder
 
shinydiscoballs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Posts: 41
Default

Honestly management is not that bad here, it's the union that puts a knot on everything good. ALPA does jack sht for the regionals.
shinydiscoballs is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #9  
Line Holder
 
Toolbox9909's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinydiscoballs View Post
Honestly management is not that bad here, it's the union that puts a knot on everything good. ALPA does jack sht for the regionals.
Whoa! Easy there buddy. That Koolaid you drinking is extra strong.
Toolbox9909 is offline  
Old 07-28-2020, 07:28 PM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Laminar's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 74
Default

Management is horrible. Whens the last time you heard from Pedro? Hahaha what a joke!
Laminar is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DAL Class drops toobdrvr1 Delta 3888 03-24-2020 05:38 AM
CMH to NYC or DTW? ILS22L Regional 4 01-03-2018 08:31 PM
NYC 717 Flying and Crashpads 2StgTurbine Delta 14 12-15-2016 09:16 AM
Guitar Stores in NYC . . . JDFlyer Hangar Talk 3 08-27-2009 08:43 AM
NYC smells! Puppyz Hangar Talk 8 01-09-2007 05:15 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:39 AM.