Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
ExpressJet Regional Airline
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2018, 06:18 AM   #1
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 13
Default Union, Hmm 🤔

http://www.yankeeinstitute.org/2018/06/connecticut-unions-brace-for-supreme-court-decision-with-protests-membership-changes/
Embxjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
Line Holder
 
AMNegron's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: E145 FO
Posts: 63
Default

“....The decision would not affect unions in the private sector.”

No news for us.
AMNegron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:51 AM   #3
Prime Minister
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 19,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMNegron View Post
“....The decision would not affect unions in the private sector.”

No news for us.
Correct. If you're a tax-payer, you don't want public-sector unions anyway, that's just organized, institutionalized looting of the public coffers. There's a reason our military is the best in the world, and most of the rest of the government can't find it's posterior with both hands.
rickair7777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:03 AM   #4
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Correct. If you're a tax-payer, you don't want public-sector unions anyway, that's just organized, institutionalized looting of the public coffers. There's a reason our military is the best in the world, and most of the rest of the government can't find it's posterior with both hands.
Kind of like employee run complaines. Sounds good on paper but I can’t think of any that were successful in the long run. They can’t make the tough decisions.
Blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:10 AM   #5
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2011
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Correct. If you're a tax-payer, you don't want public-sector unions anyway, that's just organized, institutionalized looting of the public coffers. There's a reason our military is the best in the world, and most of the rest of the government can't find it's posterior with both hands.
Right ... because anti-union governors haven’t ever been caught saying they’re going to go after public unions first to “divide” and conquer the rest of labor ...
BrewCity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2016
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
Kind of like employee run complaines. Sounds good on paper but I can’t think of any that were successful in the long run. They can’t make the tough decisions.
Completely untrue. There are lots of employee-owned businesses in existence and most are very successful. It's a growing business model. There's even research suggesting that these types of businesses function even better than "regular" companies, since the employees have a vested interest in success.
Arliss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #7
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arliss View Post
Completely untrue. There are lots of employee-owned businesses in existence and most are very successful. It's a growing business model. There's even research suggesting that these types of businesses function even better than "regular" companies, since the employees have a vested interest in success.
Please list a large company where this has worked over the long term. I can think of UPS, but even they got to the point where they had to go public to continue growing.

Last edited by Blackhawk; 06-14-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #8
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2016
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
Please list a large company where this has worked over the long term.
Publix supermarkets. Here's 5 more:


https://www.investopedia.com/article...loyeeowned.asp
Arliss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #9
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: lav dumper
Posts: 330
Default

Publix. But there’s a whole list here
https://www.nceo.org/articles/employee-ownership-100
DirkDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #10
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arliss View Post
Publix supermarkets. Here's 5 more:


https://www.investopedia.com/article...loyeeowned.asp
Note I said large. Publix fits this, maybe on other mentioned. But I don’t know that the others would be termed large cap companies.
Blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My thoughts and concerns jetstar1 FedEx 33 08-31-2015 04:24 PM
Delta Pilot Union Rules of Engagement... MtEverest Delta 32 07-12-2015 09:15 AM
Just wondering about scabs . . . Sunvox Union Talk 172 06-02-2015 09:22 AM
Alteon Union Sues Boeing Over Layoffs vagabond Union Talk 0 07-13-2009 05:45 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:42 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.