Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #31  
Line Holder
 
RogerDorn's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: 3rd Base for the Indians
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
Paid or unpaid? If it's unpaid, are you eligible for unemployment?
(The following is something I was told by the Union, and God knows money isn't real until its in my bank account) The Company wants it to be unpaid unless I perform duties in the Training center (teach recurrent or indoc etc..) But the Union said they will cover my min guarantee for the 2 months if the company doesn't have me work. (not holding my breath) The moral of the story is......people without an ATP and an unrestricted type in the a/c WILL be pulled off line until they do. No Grandfathering or anything. So on August 1st 2013 I will no longer be "qualified" on an airplane I've been flying for almost 2 years, just because of this regulation.
RogerDorn is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #32  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PerpetualFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2011
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDorn View Post
(The following is something I was told by the Union, and God knows money isn't real until its in my bank account) The Company wants it to be unpaid unless I perform duties in the Training center (teach recurrent or indoc etc..) But the Union said they will cover my min guarantee for the 2 months if the company doesn't have me work. (not holding my breath) The moral of the story is......people without an ATP and an unrestricted type in the a/c WILL be pulled off line until they do. No Grandfathering or anything. So on August 1st 2013 I will no longer be "qualified" on an airplane I've been flying for almost 2 years, just because of this regulation.
You act like this reg isn't a good thing. It's the best thing to happen for us since, well, ever!
PerpetualFlyer is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #33  
Line Holder
 
RogerDorn's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: 3rd Base for the Indians
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualFlyer View Post
You act like this reg isn't a good thing. It's the best thing to happen for us since, well, ever!
I agree! I think its great! I'm the first person to back it up! I was just pointing out that its funny that one day I can work and the next day I can't. Just let the record show that I am 100% in favor of this reg.
RogerDorn is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #34  
Gets Weekends Off
 
hockeypilot44's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDorn View Post
I agree! I think its great! I'm the first person to back it up! I was just pointing out that its funny that one day I can work and the next day I can't. Just let the record show that I am 100% in favor of this reg.
There was a time when they raised the drinking age to 21. One day, a 20 year old could be out at happy hour, the next day, he was unable to. You should feel fortunate that you were able to build your time through a way that will soon become illegal. It is what it is. At least you're not the guy that will have 11 months until he becomes of age after the rule takes effect.
hockeypilot44 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
age limitation, expressjet, regionals
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panel Splits on Raising Airline Pilot Retirement Age (Update2) koz2000 Major 43 12-09-2006 09:32 PM
Continental Airlines to Withdraw 69 Aircraft From ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. fosters Regional 18 12-31-2005 03:24 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:52 PM.