Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
airplane401's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 67
Post Multi engine rating

I have a class date with a regional with the agreement that I get my multi before ATP-CTP training.

I am looking for an accelerated course that could offer the multi addon with 25 hours of multi in a maximum of 4 weeks. Does anyone know any reputable companies around the country?
airplane401 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #2  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 23,636
Default

Any local school with a twin should be able to do that.

It would be hard to get insured to fly solo, so you can do 24 hours dual to prep for the ride, the ride will get you over 25. That will be way more than enough to train for the checkride so you should be plenty ready. It could be done in a week, if a plane is available.
rickair7777 is online now  
Old 02-13-2019, 01:14 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 411
Default

Air America in Daytona advertises being able to rent their Duchesses solo. And pretty cheap too.

BE-76 Beechcraft Duchess - Fleet | Air America Flight Center

Multi-Engine Commericial Add-On - Course Pricing | Air America Flight Center
BravoPapa is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 02:49 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 104
Default

I did my AMEL add-on with Sheble years ago, took 2 days. Of course, it only provided me with 5 hours. You might want to consider All ATP's well, which has a similar training duration.

Other options are to split time with someone, logging safety pilot time.

Solo would not be much of an option due to insurance minimums.
smc2020 is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 AM   #5  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2018
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc2020 View Post
I did my AMEL add-on with Sheble years ago, took 2 days. Of course, it only provided me with 5 hours. You might want to consider All ATP's well, which has a similar training duration.

Other options are to split time with someone, logging safety pilot time.

Solo would not be much of an option due to insurance minimums.
ATP doesn’t do multi ratings anymore. They only offer their full career program.

To the OP what area are you located and what regional did you get an offer from? I’m in a similar situation but having a hard time finding someone who’s reasonable and available!
Matt1234 is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #6  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 1,891
Default

You’re not teaching yourself anything drilling holes in the sky.
I second the suggestion to take 23.5 hrs of ME training including loads of instrument work then your checkride.

You still need to pass 121 training and a sim ride. I wouldn’t underestimate that if I were you.
We have enough drama threads here about failed 121 rides.
TiredSoul is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:52 AM   #7  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 23,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc2020 View Post
I did my AMEL add-on with Sheble years ago, took 2 days.
I haven't that name in a while, they still in business?
rickair7777 is online now  
Old 02-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #8  
Line Holder
 
aeroengineer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Any local school with a twin should be able to do that.

It would be hard to get insured to fly solo, so you can do 24 hours dual to prep for the ride, the ride will get you over 25. That will be way more than enough to train for the checkride so you should be plenty ready. It could be done in a week, if a plane is available.
So point of clarification. Does my 9-10 hours of dual (plus my 1.5 or so for the checkride) count toward the 25 hours that is a essentially a minimum requirement for all multi-engine FO positions? Or do I have to have 25 multi post checkride? Thanks
aeroengineer is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: A-320
Posts: 1,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroengineer View Post
So point of clarification. Does my 9-10 hours of dual (plus my 1.5 or so for the checkride) count toward the 25 hours that is a essentially a minimum requirement for all multi-engine FO positions? Or do I have to have 25 multi post checkride? Thanks
It all counts towards the 25. That's why others are saying no need to rush the checkride, you need the 25 hours anyways, so make the best use of the time.
viper548 is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #10  
Line Holder
 
aeroengineer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper548 View Post
It all counts towards the 25. That's why others are saying no need to rush the checkride, you need the 25 hours anyways, so make the best use of the time.
Thanks. Glass half empty view is I should have soaked Uncle Sugar and the VA for more multi dual prep before my check ride. (that said VA is really looking close at how much time they pay for a particular rating and some schools have gotten their hand slapped)

Glass half full view is I'm half way to 25 when I thought I needed close to the full 25.
aeroengineer is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Multi Engine training ASAP AlexB Flight Schools and Training 5 09-25-2016 08:07 PM
Multi Engine Instructor Needed ATLCFI Hiring News 5 11-20-2011 10:24 PM
Multi Engine Risk Pool - Input Needed IrishFlyer757 Flight Schools and Training 16 11-07-2011 06:54 PM
Multi Engine experience question RmTrice Flight Schools and Training 12 10-16-2008 01:33 PM
Building Multi Engine time. RyanBurns Flight Schools and Training 5 04-23-2007 07:49 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:35 AM.