Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Fractional
Volato starting Fractional Service-HondaJet >

Volato starting Fractional Service-HondaJet

Notices
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc

Volato starting Fractional Service-HondaJet

Old 12-20-2022, 12:16 PM
  #21  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2022
Posts: 17
Default

Anyone who has worked here recently willing to talk or message about how their experience was/is working for Volato??
medfly21 is offline  
Old 01-07-2023, 07:00 AM
  #22  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: B-767 Captain
Posts: 80
Talking

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
I think all the Fractionals hire 65+ pilots, remember it's not Part 121 but Part 91K or 135. And the HondaJet isn't going to do much other than Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. I doubt it has HF Radio capability. At NetJets we couldn't fly the BeechJet or Phenom 300 to Bermuda because we've have a 20 minute or so gap with no VHF comms. And our Light Cabin Jets did 99% of their flying in the 48 states.

If Volato is like other Fractionals they're going to be more concerned how you're going to react to having to do all the stuff you never worried about before, like cleaning the inside of the jet after a pax leg, stocking the galley, setting up catering, etc. I flew with some great over 65 folks but there were a number who bailed once the reality of having to do all that hit them.
It depends on one's attitude as usual. However, good answer.
screamin jet is offline  
Old 01-07-2023, 01:27 PM
  #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
Default

Does anyone know what their interview entails?
buffalopilot is offline  
Old 01-08-2023, 05:33 PM
  #24  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA
Posts: 1,826
Default

Originally Posted by buffalopilot View Post
Does anyone know what their interview entails?
It'll be heavy on customer service. Other than that my info is 5 years out of date so I'd check aviationinterviews.com. It's well worth the sub. When I interviewed way back in 2005 I got the "tech" interview vs. the "HR" interview, which was fortunate. I was only asked one or two questions I hadn't already read about on aviationinterviews.com. The HR interview was kind of crazy, they'd ask "if you were a color what color would you be and why?"
AirBear is offline  
Old 03-02-2023, 05:59 PM
  #25  
Pathological Flyer
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
It'll be heavy on customer service. Other than that my info is 5 years out of date so I'd check aviationinterviews.com. It's well worth the sub. When I interviewed way back in 2005 I got the "tech" interview vs. the "HR" interview, which was fortunate. I was only asked one or two questions I hadn't already read about on aviationinterviews.com. The HR interview was kind of crazy, they'd ask "if you were a color what color would you be and why?"
Was looking for interview stuff on Volato. Didn't see it on the list in aviationinterviews.com
Some info and recent update about the operation would be great, thank you
Flightsoffusion is offline  
Old 03-03-2023, 06:14 PM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA
Posts: 1,826
Default

Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion View Post
Was looking for interview stuff on Volato. Didn't see it on the list in aviationinterviews.com
Some info and recent update about the operation would be great, thank you
Sorry, I sometimes lose track of which thread I'm on. Volato must be too small yet to have anyone here. I highly suspect their interview is very similar to other fractional operators. Look at NJA & Flexjet and I think it's safe to assume Volato won't be drastically different.
One thing you might try: Find out Volato's call sign and use Flight Aware to see if they have any jets coming to an airport near you. Maybe the crew will give you some intel.
Good luck, I got to look at the cockpit of the HondaJet a few years back and it was very nicely laid out, very easy to figure out the various systems.
AirBear is offline  
Old 03-03-2023, 06:32 PM
  #27  
Pathological Flyer
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
Sorry, I sometimes lose track of which thread I'm on. Volato must be too small yet to have anyone here. I highly suspect their interview is very similar to other fractional operators. Look at NJA & Flexjet and I think it's safe to assume Volato won't be drastically different.
One thing you might try: Find out Volato's call sign and use Flight Aware to see if they have any jets coming to an airport near you. Maybe the crew will give you some intel.
Good luck, I got to look at the cockpit of the HondaJet a few years back and it was very nicely laid out, very easy to figure out the various systems.
Much appreciate the advice, Airbear.
Have actually done that with Flight Aware for other operators.
Will search for a call sign unless anyone has it?
EDIT: Looks like its TMB?

~k
Flightsoffusion is offline  
Old 03-04-2023, 11:10 AM
  #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
B727DRVR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Posts: 908
Cool I met them at WAI..

Hey,

I met the recruiters from Volato at the Women in Aviation Conference last week and they seemed like nice folks. I didnít ask them anything since I am happy where I am at.. Good luck.
B727DRVR is offline  
Old 03-04-2023, 12:17 PM
  #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2023
Position: None
Posts: 181
Default Hondajet flick

Neat airplane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HsjXCqWMyU
BStill is offline  
Old 03-05-2023, 10:47 AM
  #30  
Pathological Flyer
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Default

Just watching the planes move around on Flightware the last several days, and it looks like most of the flying is on the E.Coast. Is it efficient to be recruiting pilots from the deep SW and airline them back and forth across the country for their hitch if there is already a decent pool of pilots much closer? Only asking because I'm in San Diego and have an interview coming up. Then again, there may be a whole part of the business model I have no clue about. Just chatting..
Flightsoffusion is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hockeypilot44
Spirit
515
04-27-2020 07:36 PM
vagabond
Money Talk
0
03-04-2007 11:17 AM
ryane946
Major
7
02-11-2007 10:06 AM
ryane946
Major
2
01-10-2007 08:42 AM
ryane946
JetBlue
1
01-10-2007 06:27 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread