Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2019, 08:05 AM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Posts: 24
Default Qol @ f9

Just curious how quality of life has changed since the new contract has gone into effect.
Kent is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #2  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Just curious how quality of life has changed since the new contract has gone into effect.
We've kept the great flexibility that we had. Some pilots have spoken with legacy carrier crews while jumpseating and report that there are aspects of our rules that they wish they had, like the ability to swap and drop trips based on open trips in the pot, i.e. without regards to reserve staffing. Three days out, it changes to drops based on reserve staffing withing the morning/afternoon/evening windows, so if the first method didn't work, with a little planning you can still get it done as you get close in to the trip date. I don't think I've had a trip drop that I wanted and wasn't able to do under the new CBA.

Relief lines under the new rules are a bit worse than before because line holders get to bid again after monthly open time before relief lines are built, but there's still the huge flexibility with the open time rules.

Reserve rules are much better than before. Reserves can now add trips on days off, and have a chance at breaking guarantee without flying on days off due to better rigs. In addition to the regular reserve lines like before, we have lines that enable you to get 20 days off in a row over the bid transition, at the cost of being on reserve for 20 days straight before and after that (scheduling has to give you at least 30 hours rest in domicile every 168 hours). That's not my bag but it's an option if you need it.
TooMuchTime is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Prettywhacked1's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: A320
Posts: 241
Default

Other than pay, I think better hotels is what Iíve noticed most, but thatís great work by our union hotel committee, not the company.

Trips have the same odds 50/50 of going off without a hitch, or going totally bananas.

FAs are definitely worse, more unruly and rude than ever, but that will never change here imho.

ORD base still very chill. Others seem the same, but Iím an outsider looking in.

If nothing else, Barry, SC, & Co. are not currently bludgeoning the pilot group, but as others have posted here, that could change anytime as deemed by the oracle in Scottsdale.
Prettywhacked1 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
madmax757's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: seated - facing forward
Posts: 366
Default

FAs are definitely worse, more unruly and rude than ever, but that will never change here imho.

The FA contract vote closes tomorrow I believe. So if they vote yes they may be nicer !

I have also noticed a large increase in underwing staff. I confirmed that with the tug driver while weíre pushing back. They are really being pushed hard for on time departures.
madmax757 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 01:34 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax757 View Post
I have also noticed a large increase in underwing staff. I confirmed that with the tug driver while weíre pushing back. They are really being pushed hard for on time departures.
Itís funny that you say this.

I took a 20 minute delay on departure and a 20 minute delay on arrival a couple of days ago in Denver because we didnít have a ground crew. Redeye turn. 10pm departure and 0430 arrival.

I would think that if we really care about ontime performance, having adequate ramper staffing would be low hanging fruit.
OpenClimb is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenClimb View Post
Itís funny that you say this.

I took a 20 minute delay on departure and a 20 minute delay on arrival a couple of days ago in Denver because we didnít have a ground crew. Redeye turn. 10pm departure and 0430 arrival.

I would think that if we really care about ontime performance, having adequate ramper staffing would be low hanging fruit.
That would cost money they want to fix the operation for free.
Notarealpilot is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Bus CA
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notarealpilot View Post
That would cost money they want to fix the operation for free.
I think weíre only a couple of ďWINNING!Ē newsletters away seeing the success of that plan.
DrJekyll MrHyde is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 445
Default

Necro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchTime View Post
We've kept the great flexibility that we had. Some pilots have spoken with legacy carrier crews while jumpseating and report that there are aspects of our rules that they wish they had, like the ability to swap and drop trips based on open trips in the pot, i.e. without regards to reserve staffing. Three days out, it changes to drops based on reserve staffing withing the morning/afternoon/evening windows, so if the first method didn't work, with a little planning you can still get it done as you get close in to the trip date. I don't think I've had a trip drop that I wanted and wasn't able to do under the new CBA.

Relief lines under the new rules are a bit worse than before because line holders get to bid again after monthly open time before relief lines are built, but there's still the huge flexibility with the open time rules.

Reserve rules are much better than before. Reserves can now add trips on days off, and have a chance at breaking guarantee without flying on days off due to better rigs. In addition to the regular reserve lines like before, we have lines that enable you to get 20 days off in a row over the bid transition, at the cost of being on reserve for 20 days straight before and after that (scheduling has to give you at least 30 hours rest in domicile every 168 hours). That's not my bag but it's an option if you need it.
I understand the reserves at NK took a hit on QOL with their rules under PBS. Are these provisions likely to stay equitable when you move to PBS? What are your rules on reserve day swaps/drops?

Is the PBS transition happening through a completely different negotiation and will you get to vote on a PBS agreement?

Are your rigs dependent on the switch to PBS, like NK's, or did they already take effect?

Thanks in advance, just trying to figure out if Frontier is a good fit.
WhiteMorpheus is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Posts: 281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMorpheus View Post
Necro...


I understand the reserves at NK took a hit on QOL with their rules under PBS. Are these provisions likely to stay equitable when you move to PBS? What are your rules on reserve day swaps/drops?

Is the PBS transition happening through a completely different negotiation and will you get to vote on a PBS agreement?

Are your rigs dependent on the switch to PBS, like NK's, or did they already take effect?

Thanks in advance, just trying to figure out if Frontier is a good fit.
The agreement we voted on had a pbs Loa. It has protections. Loa 3 paragraph 4. The parties agree the intent of pbs is not intended to alter the terms and conditions of the parties collective bargaining agreement, including but not limited to vacation slide, no fly list, as well as types of res lines as taíd by the parties. Thatís one of the protections. Pbs cannot change agreed upon language. Some examples, res grid numbers canít change, various res lines canít change, line average number canít change, basically most hard numbers canít be changed through Implementation of
Pbs. Reserve swap/drop similar to nk. Now I donít really want to get into a pbs debate on a public forum while its being negotiated so letís leave it for the negotiators. We know management reads this.

Separate negotiations we donít get a vote but can make our voices heard though reps.

Rigs are already in affect.

Last edited by fcoolaiddrinker; 08-13-2019 at 10:47 AM.
fcoolaiddrinker is offline  
Old 09-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #10  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 13
Default

Does anybody know the minimum number of consecutive days of reserve? Thanks.
Choppy is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fractional QOL 4thgenaviator Fractional 82 04-27-2019 10:30 AM
Choosing a regional - QOL above all harad Regional 38 01-13-2019 04:43 AM
Chasing QOL fast KenNoisewaterMD Major 79 11-03-2018 09:53 AM
freight runners QOL surfsupbud Cargo 1 09-15-2011 11:44 AM
USAirways pay and newhire QOL lolwut Major 31 06-21-2011 03:06 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:43 PM.