Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > GoJet
Gojet Recall Email Response >

Gojet Recall Email Response

Notices
GoJet Regional Airline

Gojet Recall Email Response

Old 03-09-2021, 01:10 AM
  #11  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Originally Posted by BrazilBusDriver View Post
Your resignation letter is one of the very few things that follows you via PRIA, other than a very high level overview of your training records. And HR people are always screening for “problem children” with the potential for “discipline issues”.

G7 (and AX for that matter) might be/have been considered bottom-tier regionals by a lot of pilots, but the big 6 have hired plenty of pilots from both places as far as I’m aware, so I doubt they think particularly poorly of TSH.

It’s just such a silly thing to get yourself weeded out over at a potential future employer, even if I’m sure it felt great in the moment.
A resignation letter is not a part of PRIA. And relatively speaking, we have had very few go to the big 4.
GojetFires is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 05:16 AM
  #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BrazilBusDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 184
Default

Originally Posted by GojetFires View Post
A resignation letter is not a part of PRIA. And relatively speaking, we have had very few go to the big 4.
It may not be *required*, but I can tell you from the experience of requesting a copy of my records that TSH does include resignation letters in the information they forward to other carriers.

It also fits with the spirit of the original law.

Last edited by BrazilBusDriver; 03-09-2021 at 05:27 AM.
BrazilBusDriver is offline  
Old 03-10-2021, 08:38 PM
  #13  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 39
Default

Originally Posted by BrazilBusDriver View Post
It may not be *required*, but I can tell you from the experience of requesting a copy of my records that TSH does include resignation letters in the information they forward to other carriers.

It also fits with the spirit of the original law.
TSH actively tries to block its pilots from moving up. I must admit they are equal opportunity, they will try and screw over one of their managers if they find out he is leaving. "GoJet" means "vengeance" in Indian.
GojetFires is offline  
Old 03-10-2021, 11:06 PM
  #14  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by GojetFires View Post
TSH actively tries to block its pilots from moving up. I must admit they are equal opportunity, they will try and screw over one of their managers if they find out he is leaving. "GoJet" means "vengeance" in Indian.
I’m dead ☠️ this is to funny and sadly accurate

hulas had us all at CP looking forward to “a great new opportunity” then suddenly within a week—- unemployed with 0 chances of any opportunity
Lear90210 is offline  
Old 03-11-2021, 05:35 AM
  #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 175
Default

Originally Posted by GojetFires View Post
TSH actively tries to block its pilots from moving up. I must admit they are equal opportunity, they will try and screw over one of their managers if they find out he is leaving. "GoJet" means "vengeance" in Indian.
Like the flow with Frontier where you can't get hired outside the flow. Then CPZ blamed that stipulation on Frontier, who came back and said nope, not us, that was your requirement.

Originally Posted by Lear90210 View Post
I’m dead ☠️ this is to funny and sadly accurate

hulas had us all at CP looking forward to “a great new opportunity” then suddenly within a week—- unemployed with 0 chances of any opportunity
Did they ever say what that great opportunity was allegedly supposed to be?
LabDad06 is offline  
Old 03-11-2021, 07:11 PM
  #16  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 32
Default

Supposedly Breeze was going to buy us

instead they bought our operating certificate


could just be urban legend but I want to believe it.
Lear90210 is offline  
Old 03-12-2021, 01:06 PM
  #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 192
Default

Originally Posted by Lear90210 View Post
Supposedly Breeze was going to buy us

instead they bought our operating certificate


could just be urban legend but I want to believe it.
Why wouldn’t they just buy the certificate of Compass, TSA, or ExpressJet if they were in the market? Union provisions?
GHawk is offline  
Old 03-12-2021, 08:41 PM
  #18  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 45
Default

Originally Posted by BrazilBusDriver View Post
It may not be *required*, but I can tell you from the experience of requesting a copy of my records that TSH does include resignation letters in the information they forward to other carriers.

It also fits with the spirit of the original law.
Would be true if he ever worked a day a Gojet. These guys were all furloughed from TSA and given the opportunity to fill out HR paperwork for Gojet with a promise for a class date that never happened. Then Gojet sends them a "recall". No PRIA because they never worked the first day at Gojet.
tallow is offline  
Old 03-23-2021, 04:19 PM
  #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BrazilBusDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2018
Posts: 184
Default

Originally Posted by tallow View Post
Would be true if he ever worked a day a Gojet. These guys were all furloughed from TSA and given the opportunity to fill out HR paperwork for Gojet with a promise for a class date that never happened. Then Gojet sends them a "recall". No PRIA because they never worked the first day at Gojet.
Now that is an interesting wrinkle. Adds a lot of context, and makes the other comments make a lot more sense from my foxhole.
BrazilBusDriver is offline  
Old 03-24-2021, 03:36 AM
  #20  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: CL65 CA
Posts: 5
Default Recalls?

Has G7 recalled all of its pilots? I’ve been searching the forums but can’t find the info... Best I saw was they had furloughed 175 and placed an additional 200 on 0-lines, but some 100 0-lines had been recalled back in november...
What’s the notice period for a 0-line person to get “recalled”?
When are classes starting at G7?
someotherpilot is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Sink r8
Major
70
11-12-2013 04:58 PM
SoCalGuy
United
41
09-26-2012 06:53 PM
Zapata
GoJet
122
07-19-2010 02:35 PM
magic rat
Cargo
44
08-16-2007 05:07 AM
WatchThis!
Major
4
06-15-2007 07:03 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread