Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 02-17-2019, 08:03 AM
  #11421  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: retired 767(dl)
Posts: 5,730
Default

Main, mini, hardly any passengers could tell you the tail colors of any airline.
badflaps is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:07 AM
  #11422  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by badflaps View Post
Main, mini, hardly any passengers could tell you the tail colors of any airline.
So true. The passengers only hear Charlie Brown’s teacher when you use the PA. It is not a bullhorn or bully pulpit. Just thank them for flying and give them the ETA and the weather. Anything more and you are annoying more than you are pleasing.
PDRit is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 01:01 PM
  #11423  
Gets Weekends Off
 
GraceMonth's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: Left
Posts: 181
Default

Originally Posted by PDRit View Post
So true. The passengers only hear Charlie Brown’s teacher when you use the PA. It is not a bullhorn or bully pulpit. Just thank them for flying and give them the ETA and the weather. Anything more and you are annoying more than you are pleasing.
Most pax only want the ETA. Reading a METAR to them 20 mins before arrival gets a lot of blank stares.
GraceMonth is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 01:23 PM
  #11424  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 571
Default

Originally Posted by PDRit View Post
So true. The passengers only hear Charlie Brown’s teacher when you use the PA. It is not a bullhorn or bully pulpit. Just thank them for flying and give them the ETA and the weather. Anything more and you are annoying more than you are pleasing.
I was always under the impression that Delta required the flight crew to brief the passengers about their combined number of carrier landings as well. 😄😄
Rahlifer is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 01:35 PM
  #11425  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 153
Default

Originally Posted by GraceMonth View Post
Most pax only want the ETA. Reading a METAR to them 20 mins before arrival gets a lot of blank stares.
“Fair skies and XX degrees” is my go to for weather. Go Al Roker versus Maverick.
PDRit is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 03:42 PM
  #11426  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,267
Default

Originally Posted by PDRit View Post
“Fair skies and XX degrees” is my go to for weather. Go Al Roker versus Maverick.
nope, if I have to read the experience/notams they’re getting all of it. “And ladies and gentlemen, in addition to taxiway Charlie being closed between victor and mike, it seems like there is an unlit tower two miles sou...what? What do you mean you’re ready to close the door?! We push when I’m good and ready.”
Poser765 is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 04:20 PM
  #11427  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: systems analyst
Posts: 757
Default

Originally Posted by Poser765 View Post
nope, if I have to read the experience/notams they’re getting all of it. “And ladies and gentlemen, in addition to taxiway Charlie being closed between victor and mike, it seems like there is an unlit tower two miles sou...what? What do you mean you’re ready to close the door?! We push when I’m good and ready.”
******* it respect my authority! This van driver is late as f&$k I’m callin an uber
deadseal is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:41 PM
  #11428  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Jerry W. on YouTube, aka Jerry Wagner, AKA "Air Wagner," aka the geriatric moron with more money than IFR competence that is going to kill himself and probably innocent bystanders any day now.

Here is his most recent display of his downright terrifying lack of skill and decision making. His approach starts at ~48:00 and you can hear him voicing over his hare-brained rationale for his subsequent recklessness. He originally uploaded, but later removed, a different version of this clip that included the cockpit view of him breaking out below minimums and then executing a banking -1900FPM dive at roughly 200AGL to land. Here is a link to that original clip, autopilot comes off at 6:00 and it gets scarier and scarier from there, with the piece de resistance right at 7:00. Just look at those needles!!

of him completely off course trying to join the ILS 28R at KOAK (Start at 32:40). After checking on with tower by saying "Cessna 41Q, kiiiind of on the ILS," you can see him inadvertently enter a 30 degree bank to the left (further away from the localizer) and a dive with the VSI pegged. Luckily he recovers as he breaks out after losing ~800'.

This guy is a clear and present danger to everyone around him but doesn't seem to realize it and the fact that next time, he might actually crash and kill people, makes him TOTD IMHO.
echelon is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 09:22 PM
  #11429  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO
Posts: 6,500
Default

Originally Posted by echelon View Post
Jerry W. on YouTube, aka Jerry Wagner, AKA "Air Wagner," aka the geriatric moron with more money than IFR competence that is going to kill himself and probably innocent bystanders any day now.

Here is his most recent display of his downright terrifying lack of skill and decision making. His approach starts at ~48:00 and you can hear him voicing over his hare-brained rationale for his subsequent recklessness. He originally uploaded, but later removed, a different version of this clip that included the cockpit view of him breaking out below minimums and then executing a banking -1900FPM dive at roughly 200AGL to land. Here is a link to that original clip, autopilot comes off at 6:00 and it gets scarier and scarier from there, with the piece de resistance right at 7:00. Just look at those needles!!
Holy crap.
That would be an "ok" maneuver in a Piper Cub, or a 150. But in a cabin class twin, that video should warrant a -709 ride from the Feds.
dera is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 09:50 PM
  #11430  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: doggy style
Posts: 1,006
Default

Originally Posted by echelon View Post
of him completely off course trying to join the ILS 28R at KOAK (Start at 32:40). After checking on with tower by saying "Cessna 41Q, kiiiind of on the ILS," you can see him inadvertently enter a 30 degree bank to the left (further away from the localizer) and a dive with the VSI pegged. Luckily he recovers as he breaks out after losing ~800'.

This guy is a clear and present danger to everyone around him but doesn't seem to realize it and the fact that next time, he might actually crash and kill people, makes him TOTD IMHO.
OMG!!! He is trying to blame this on some BS autoslew on the ILS? WTF? Just watching him, he has no instrument flying ability at all! His VSI goes +/- 3000FPM constantly and he yanking and banking all over. This *******er has no business in an airplane...
DENpilot is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices