Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 05-05-2019, 05:49 PM
  #11941  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
Whatís the deal with people hating on backpacks. I see them everywhere so wasnít sure
You canít cover them in stickers like an old school leather flight kit, therefore they are unprofessional. Duh.
CanWeGetTheLeft is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 05:50 PM
  #11942  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 304
Default

Originally Posted by filejw View Post
That i'm pretty sure is a cycling vest.



I was kinda thinking that might be the case. Cycling wear is the only thing that comes to mind which has pockets on the back like that.
A Squared is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 05:58 PM
  #11943  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 304
Default

Originally Posted by CanWeGetTheLeft View Post
You canít cover them in stickers like an old school leather flight kit, therefore they are unprofessional. Duh.

Yes, the only acceptable carry is an awkward box designed expressly to hold Jepp binders, and despite the fact that nobody carries Jepp binders anymore, we should continue carrying the cases around because reasons.
A Squared is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 06:09 PM
  #11944  
On Guard!
 
Meow1215's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,181
Default

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
Whatís the deal with people hating on backpacks. I see them everywhere so wasnít sure
While backpacks are not in my personal taste, as long as they are all black they maintain a professional enough image. This one however is not all black, and in additional to looking unprofessional, Iíll bet it is not in compliance with the FOM.
Meow1215 is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 07:03 PM
  #11945  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,831
Default

To go from the days of white cap Navy dressed airline pilots to bicycle vest, backpack totin, gel spikin kids with iphone ear buds in and sunglasses hanging off the back side of the head.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 07:56 PM
  #11946  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 578
Default

Originally Posted by A Squared View Post
Yes, the only acceptable carry is an awkward box designed expressly to hold Jepp binders, and despite the fact that nobody carries Jepp binders anymore, we should continue carrying the cases around because reasons.
Iím that guy. I donít have any manuals in mine, but I bought it when I upgraded, itís a nice one, itís full of other stuff and works great. Pilots shouldnít WEAR backpacks. I kind of wish I had one that was on my hook though. Just sayin...
4runner is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 08:00 PM
  #11947  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 578
Default

Originally Posted by filejw View Post
That i'm pretty sure is a cycling vest.
Why are the soles of his shoes a different color than his shoes? Iím confused. The Skipper has a hat and looks legit. The crossing guard/fly fishing guide FO has got me scratching my head.
4runner is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 08:06 PM
  #11948  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Omniscient's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 813
Default

Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
Why are the soles of his shoes a different color than his shoes? Iím confused. The Skipper has a hat and looks legit. The crossing guard/fly fishing guide FO has got me scratching my head.
Haha. If only the shoe sole color was the biggest issue with this guy
Omniscient is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 08:28 PM
  #11949  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 304
Default

Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
Iím that guy. I donít have any manuals in mine, but I bought it when I upgraded, itís a nice one, itís full of other stuff and works great.

Hey, if you like it and it works for you, that's great. I've got no opinion on what you prefer, nor should I. That was kind of my point.
A Squared is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 08:34 PM
  #11950  
Banned
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 201
Default

Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW View Post
I nominate this guy for wearing whatever TF this thing is to work.
I wore it to bed tonight for your wife and she loved it, enjoy that four day we will keep the sheets warm.
AC560 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 10:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 08:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 09:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 09:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 11:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread