Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Major Legacy, National, and LCC
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 08:17 AM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
skiutah's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Posts: 54
Default Frontier Questions

Anyone out there who has or currently flys for Frontier? If so, what do you think about it? ie. Working conditions, companies future, ect. . .

Also, I heard they are one of the hardest to get on with, any truth to this?
skiutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:33 AM   #2  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Posts: 260
Default

Also how do they compare to JetBlue or AirTran. The pay is better at Frontier, but which one has the best future, and best work environment?

edik
edik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Frank Rizzo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 717 Capt.
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edik
Also how do they compare to JetBlue or AirTran. The pay is better at Frontier, but which one has the best future, and best work environment?

edik
You need to look beyond hourly wages before you determine where the "pay is better". There is a lot more involved in total compensation than what you can get from airlinepilotcentral.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:09 AM   #4  
Self Employed.
 
SkyHigh's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Self-employed, C-150 CA
Posts: 7,105
Default Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by edik
Also how do they compare to JetBlue or AirTran. The pay is better at Frontier, but which one has the best future, and best work environment?

edik

Frontier is currently up against a leaner UAL and now SWA. If you have watched their cash flows it seems to me that they have been weakened significantly by almost five years of 911, UAL in bankruptcy and high fuel prices. No one can predict the future of the airlines but I would carefully study them all if I were you.

SkyHigh
SkyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #5  
Pro Button Pusher
 
Jetalc's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 Series CA
Posts: 173
Default

Reagrding your original question, I truly enjoy working here at F9. We have some of the leanest costs in the industry, and our CASM is lower than SWA (minus fuel). The environment is upbeat, lots of dedicated happy Denver customers, and there is a genuine sense of relaxation at work - I love it. There are always things that can be improved, particularly with some of the upper management folks - HR, etc. but we just had Chris Collins from JBLU come over as VP of Operations, and he's been given carte blanche to make whatever changes he feels necessary. No, the sky isn't falling simply because UAL is out of bankruptcy (they have a long way to go in terms of cutting costs and sustaining any sort of profitibility) and SWA hasn't been as much of a factor as many thought they would be. Who knows - time will tell, and little ol' F9 is chugging along doing what it does best, and I'm proud to work here. I don't see F9 going away any time soon, and (I'm of course a little partial here) I think we have a superior product, domestically, to UAL and SWA. Just my .02 worth.
Jetalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #6  
zingle777
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetalc
Reagrding your original question, I truly enjoy working here at F9. We have some of the leanest costs in the industry, and our CASM is lower than SWA (minus fuel). The environment is upbeat, lots of dedicated happy Denver customers, and there is a genuine sense of relaxation at work - I love it. There are always things that can be improved, particularly with some of the upper management folks - HR, etc. but we just had Chris Collins from JBLU come over as VP of Operations, and he's been given carte blanche to make whatever changes he feels necessary. No, the sky isn't falling simply because UAL is out of bankruptcy (they have a long way to go in terms of cutting costs and sustaining any sort of profitibility) and SWA hasn't been as much of a factor as many thought they would be. Who knows - time will tell, and little ol' F9 is chugging along doing what it does best, and I'm proud to work here. I don't see F9 going away any time soon, and (I'm of course a little partial here) I think we have a superior product, domestically, to UAL and SWA. Just my .02 worth.
I know lots of guys flying at F9. They all love it. It has become a class act, and in fact, I am flying my parents out on them (paid for tickets) day after tomorrow. They kick SWA's ass in every metric. The pilots are great, FA's are great, nice new planes, etc. I pray they prosper.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #7  
Pro Button Pusher
 
Jetalc's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 Series CA
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingle777
I know lots of guys flying at F9. They all love it. It has become a class act, and in fact, I am flying my parents out on them (paid for tickets) day after tomorrow. They kick SWA's ass in every metric. The pilots are great, FA's are great, nice new planes, etc. I pray they prosper.
Thanks for the kind words Zingle. I'm happy that F9 hasn't given in to the "nasty politics" stuff that others have - some might view that as "not aggressive enough" but I view it as staying the course and doing what we do best.

BTW, Edik - in comparison to JetBlue or Airtran...no idea. I have a feeling that the cultures are fairly similar, and it's a crapshoot as to which airline(s) will be around in another 10-15 years. I have friends at both JetBlue and Airtran, and, just like F9 and any other airline, there are improvements that could be made, but their overall impressions are that those are good places to work. I can only speak for myself, and I'm enjoying life - it's nice to work at a place where you can take pride in a job well done by the company, and I'm not a greedy or bitter person to begin with...good luck!
Jetalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Posts: 584
Default

How hard is it to get hired by Frontier? What are the typical backgrounds of the recent new hires (total times, PIC times, contacts, etc.)?
MikeB525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:49 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: On the edge
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB525
How hard is it to get hired by Frontier? What are the typical backgrounds of the recent new hires (total times, PIC times, contacts, etc.)?
I know one guy who recently started at Frontier. He had been flying part 135 passengers & air ambulance for probably five years or so. He probably had around 3000 - 4000 total time with 1000+ turbine (TurboCommander and Learjet) PIC.
Reactivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:18 AM   #10  
Self Employed.
 
SkyHigh's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Self-employed, C-150 CA
Posts: 7,105
Default Executive Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactivity
I know one guy who recently started at Frontier. He had been flying part 135 passengers & air ambulance for probably five years or so. He probably had around 3000 - 4000 total time with 1000+ turbine (TurboCommander and Learjet) PIC.

Executive Flight?

SKyHigh
SkyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frontier Ups California Service ryane946 Major 9 07-01-2006 02:20 AM
Questions for a new JetBlue Pilot. Airbus_Driver JetBlue 18 04-17-2006 04:32 PM
Frontier Airlines dittidano Major 0 01-05-2006 06:52 AM
Frontier Air could face serious cash crunch SkyHigh Major 0 11-29-2005 10:24 AM
Frontier Airlines Adds 35th and 36th Airbus A319s to Its Fleet GrayDogg Major 0 02-25-2005 08:23 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:37 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1