AMF flow or bridge to UPS? >

AMF flow or bridge to UPS?

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

AMF flow or bridge to UPS?

Old 03-19-2017, 03:19 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

This doesn't benefit both sides as far as candidate. Look at the average new hire candidate for UPS versus the quals an AMF flow would have. Not saying they aren't excellent pilots who would do just fine, but literally one of the last companies to even be remotely hurting for pilots is UPS. Now it does benefit UPS to have pilots fly their feeder flights and AMF is one of, if not the largest feeder of UPS. Don't think for a second that the flow will be that lucrative. So far all the AMF agreements are preferential hiring, not flow throughs, so creating a UPS flow would alienate all the previous agreements made, and if they flow all of the AMF pilots up with nobody to replace them, you've got a problem...
Old 03-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Where's my Mai Tai?

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: fins to the left, fins to the right

Originally Posted by F224 View Post
Bingo...AMF has trouble recruiting pilots, UPS needs AMF for it's sub contracted feeder network business plan to work.
The problem with that is AMF flies for more than just UPS. So in essence, they would be supporting their competitors also.

In a way, it's just like regional feed. You do it or we'll look to someone else.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Downward Dog

Originally Posted by F224 View Post
, UPS needs AMF for it's sub contracted feeder network business plan to work.
Not yet or probably ever will the need relationship go in that direction.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Honesty I could care less about being hired into UPS. What I think is important is for UPS and the feeders to work out something to improve the QOL for feeder pilots. Mostly it's the feeder airline's responsibly here but its also UPS also. They won't have anyone to fly their freight if feeders can't properly staff them. It's the first step to attract and retain pilots for a while. For example no one wants to live in a small dump of a town 200 miles from any large civilization. I know a few places feeders fly to that have sat empty for 3 yrs plus.... from what I've heard it's pretty much about the schedules though.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

As someone who flew a metro for a UPS feeder, I can't imagine they are going to go straight from a single pilot feeder to UPS. No jet time, no CRM experience, and a huge gap in system knowledge.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:00 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by Cefiro View Post
As someone who flew a metro for a UPS feeder, I can't imagine they are going to go straight from a single pilot feeder to UPS. No jet time, no CRM experience, and a huge gap in system knowledge.
It ain't happening anytime soon. If it does, it will be very restrictive. The market has opened up for AMF pilots to go into jet equipment after a very short time but you're not gonna go fly a Metro for a year and flow into a 747 when there are 10,000 pilots who would sell their children to work there, and have the quals to back it up.

To add, AMF doesn't have a true flow to any other company, only preferential hiring agreements.