Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Dear Tradewind Thanks For The Divorce!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 02:34 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by cjskyboss View Post
I am pretty sure it would be a she not a he (at least it would be in my personal Tradewind pilot survivor pool.) However the SC that the OP is referring to about the trash on the floor would have my second vote to get a pink slip. Both of them are horrible to fly with!
100% accurate! They will never get rid of her because she is a total ownership brown noser! I want to throw up every time I have the pleasure of watching her interact with either of the brothers. The minute she sees one of them she flips a switch and becomes this sweet/perfect little employee. Then the minute she is not around ownership she becomes the spawn of satin and only cares about herself. If black listing is a real thing at the legacy carriers she will never find a job other than at the regionals. If corporate is reading this please implement pilot paring preference sheets! Let us pic the two people we like to fly with the most and the two people we never want to fly with again. Uber fires its drivers that have bad ratings! I think Tradewind could solve a lot of pilot moral problems by doing the same!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:43 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by PT6LOL View Post
Also in regards to another SJU senior pilot: We all notice that they repeatedly steal every single pilots half day schedules when they decide that they are going to grace us with their presence on the line. Do they not think that some of us make plans when we are scheduled for a half-day? Again I know it is part 135 and the company has to make money so schedule swaps will happen, but this pilot ONLY choose to fly when they notice one of us non managerial pilots have a single turn day and they can call crew scheduling to steal the short flying schedule.
Has anyone else noticed how he also constantly tail swaps and seems to have more hours in N629 than anyone in SJU? Some of us would like to enjoy that new plane smell as well!!! Clearly it's good to be KING!!!!
Old 05-19-2017, 02:48 AM
Line Holder

Managerial pilots have extra duties for sure but this sounds like an abuse. It gets ,,better,,. He picks a pilot to fly with, schedule early finish and late start in SBH and asking other pilots who have some down time to drive him around SBH...Really Tradewind!!!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:46 AM
New Hire

This company has got to be the worst part 135 to fly for ever of all times! Management literally tries to avoid any change at all costs even if it makes perfect sense and benefits the company. The former chief pilot who is now the A.D.O. needs to be let go if Tradewind wants to stop hemorrhaging pilots. The guy is seriously despised by every pilot at the company that I have personally had a conversation with in regards to his decision making and managerial skills. I am calling it now! There are going to be another 3-5 pilots out the door in the next 30 days. The average application acceptance time to get hired by a regional is less than 3 days currently. Myself and several other current TW pilots know first hand and are literally waiting for the last straw to fall! It really is time that ownership started talking directly with the pilots because a lot of us feel that you are totally oblivious to what is going on in your own company. You need to start scheduling yourself to fly with each and every one of us and then man up and ask us the hard questions. Even when you know the answer is not what you are going to want to hear. If you don't your problems are only going to get worse. Filling the right seats of all your airplanes with all the low time pilots is creating a big gap when all your PIC's walk out together. Then again, maybe refunding passenger money and cancelling flights is what it will take to implement positive change at Tradewind. Only time will tell.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:24 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Turbine4Life View Post
This company has got to be the worst part 135 to fly for ever of all times! Management literally tries to avoid any change at all costs even if it makes perfect sense and benefits the company. The former chief pilot who is now the A.D.O. needs to be let go if Tradewind wants to stop hemorrhaging pilots.
Could not agree with you more!! Sending you a PM. Get out of there and come get yourself a $10,000 sign on bonus! These guys will even pay for your last 100 hours if you are not at 1,500 but it sounds like you are. Leaving Tradewind was the best decision I ever made in my entire life. Once you get to a legitimate airline you truly realize how terrible that place is.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Turbine4Life View Post
This company has got to be the worst part 135 to fly for ever of all times! Management literally tries to avoid any change at all costs even if it makes perfect sense and benefits the company. The former chief pilot who is now the A.D.O. needs to be let go if Tradewind wants to stop hemorrhaging pilots. The guy is seriously despised by every pilot at the company that I have personally had a conversation with in regards to his decision making and managerial skills. I am calling it now! There are going to be another 3-5 pilots out the door in the next 30 days. The average application acceptance time to get hired by a regional is less than 3 days currently. Myself and several other current TW pilots know first hand and are literally waiting for the last straw to fall! It really is time that ownership started talking directly with the pilots because a lot of us feel that you are totally oblivious to what is going on in your own company. You need to start scheduling yourself to fly with each and every one of us and then man up and ask us the hard questions. Even when you know the answer is not what you are going to want to hear. If you don't your problems are only going to get worse. Filling the right seats of all your airplanes with all the low time pilots is creating a big gap when all your PIC's walk out together. Then again, maybe refunding passenger money and cancelling flights is what it will take to implement positive change at Tradewind. Only time will tell.
I understand why low-time pilots might feel pressure to stay at 135 operators - you need your 1500 hours. But why oh why do people continue to put up with the unnecessary BS when it is completely a pilots' market after 1500 hours???? After 1500 hours you can always go to Envoy or Piedmont and get a flow slot to a major down the road.... Why put up with any BS after 1500 hours?
Old 07-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
I understand why low-time pilots might feel pressure to stay at 135 operators - you need your 1500 hours. But why oh why do people continue to put up with the unnecessary BS when it is completely a pilots' market after 1500 hours???? After 1500 hours you can always go to Envoy or Piedmont and get a flow slot to a major down the road.... Why put up with any BS after 1500 hours?
Low timers can work as CFI till 1500. At least is legit.