Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Single Pilot jobs

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 11:21 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by birdstrike88 View Post
Pretty much any UPS or Fedex feeder job is what your looking for. Most of those companies are looking for pilots. What part of the country do you live? That will determine what companies you want to look into. The good news is that with the shortage of pilots wanting those jobs pay should be in the 70K to 80K range for a metro or beach 1900.
I’m in the Mid Atlantic NE, but really can live anywhere. Prefer to live somewhere warm tho. I will look into those feeder companies thanks.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:24 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by CardboardCutout View Post
Medevac is the closest to a "career job" you're going to get and remain single pilot. Salaries beat your 60k number by a substantial amount, and qol ranges from "acceptable" to "amazing". If I weren't such a money *****, I'd be doing it.
Seems like there would be additional duties involved with that such as loading and unloading stretcher? Don’t have the same swagger I once did when I was younger.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:27 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by peaches View Post
Quest diagnostics is single pilot night IFR PIC start at 90k+ home every night with weekends and holidays off.
How much flight time would be needed to apply? I don’t plan on going to airlines so I wouldn’t be going anywhere. Anything in the Mid Atlantic area? I am flexible and can move anywhere in the US however.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by bobtail View Post
How much flight time would be needed to apply? I don’t plan on going to airlines so I wouldn’t be going anywhere. Anything in the Mid Atlantic area? I am flexible and can move anywhere in the US however.
We are based in Reading PA and also have bases in Lawrenceville GA, Dallas, and Kansas City with reading being our main base. The CP takes into account experience over total time but I’d say have at least 1500 hours. We do have a small FO program that’s meant to get guys close to upgrading quick hours and a fast upgrade which is what I did. I upgraded around 2k hours after just three months as an FO. About 90% of our flights are flown single pilot.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

At the risk of sounding patronizing, you probably think single pilot jobs are great right now.

Further down the road you will find out that single pilot = lower pay, worse schedule, and slower career advancement.

I would set your goal for getting 1500 asap and doing 1 year at the airlines. After a year there and your ATP it will open all kinds of doors for you and you can do whatever you want.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by NatGeo View Post

Further down the road you will find out that single pilot = lower pay, worse schedule, and slower career advancement.
Down the road sure, but some single pilot jobs make more than a 3-4 year regional captain with a better schedule at 1500 hours but you are dead on with the career advancement compared to 121 kinda. It also all depends what your end goal is. I know quite a few people that have skipped the regionals by building pic turbine time then going to an LCC a few years down the road ahead of their 121 peers some have gone to the likes of Fedex and UPS.