Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 11:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by rogerabbit View Post
Does anyone know if there is a promissory note for training? I am at a different part 135 operation and I am looking to change jobs. I was wondering if Contour had any training contracts for new hires. I am not expecting to get my last 500 hours then move onto the regionals, but I want to go somewhere where I can earn a livable wage (my current company is bankrupting me). When I signed up at my current company, I had to sign a $16,000 promissory note for training that I have to pay back if I leave early. I will try to get out of it or get it reduced if need be, but if Contour pays decent and gives me multi and jet time, it is worth it for me to make the switch. Thanks.
It’s $30,000
Old 05-06-2023, 12:52 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2023

Originally Posted by salukipilot View Post
It’s $30,000
Awesome,! Thanks for the reply. And how long is the commitment?
Old 05-09-2023, 03:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by rogerabbit View Post
Awesome,! Thanks for the reply. And how long is the commitment?
one year from completion of IOE
Old 05-26-2023, 08:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Pipers!

How is the service between CLT-PAH, reliable? Reasonable loads for a jump seater in the back or up front? Are there reciprocal jumpseat agreements?

Also, the route map shows ORD-MWA, but no way to book, is that a route closed, or not open yet?

Just curious if this could be a viable option to that specific part of the country.

thanks in advance for any help, or info.
Old 05-30-2023, 10:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2023
Position: Student pilot

I was looking at the website and saw that ERJ FO minimum time is 750TT and 500PIC, i was wondering how flexible are they with the hours? I wanted to apply once I get my commercial multi not sure if this is a possibility
Thank you!
Old 05-31-2023, 06:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CRJ Left/Right

Originally Posted by CaseTractor View Post
How is the service between CLT-PAH, reliable? Reasonable loads for a jump seater in the back or up front? Are there reciprocal jumpseat agreements?

Also, the route map shows ORD-MWA, but no way to book, is that a route closed, or not open yet?

Just curious if this could be a viable option to that specific part of the country.

thanks in advance for any help, or info.
Hey Case

I'm not on the Airline side but I will do my best based on what I have heard... The ORD route is a new award and I don't think service has begun yet... As far as reliability goes the fleet is OLD ERJs and can be cantankerous. However the Company does everything they can to operate the flights to get the subsidy... When they have been short ERJs they will throw the CRJs on the EAS routes and have even put one of the 16 seat Corporate configuration CRJs when we had one idle... There should be seats available in the cabin however try and get with a Agent well before the flight if operating out bound from a hub because the policy is to tanker fuel outbound to avoid buying fuel at the out station.. Hope this helps...

Kampai
Old 06-07-2023, 12:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Default OWB Offers Non-Stop Service to Chicago

Starting August 1, Contour Airlines will be providing 12 weekly round-trip flights from Owensboro-Daviess County Regional Airport (OWB) to Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD). The service will be offered on an Embraer 135 regional jet. Every row has 36 inches of seat pitch - on par with first class on most domestic flights. Also, your first checked bag is free when departing from Owensboro. For the next two weeks, Contour is offering an introductory fare of $89 each-way provided tickets are booked by June 19th at https://contourairlines.com/. Traveling beyond Chicago? Contour has an interline agreement with American Airlines. Owensboro will be the only airport in the region offering non-stop service to Chicago!
Old 06-07-2023, 05:38 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2023

Originally Posted by Plabelover View Post
I was looking at the website and saw that ERJ FO minimum time is 750TT and 500PIC, i was wondering how flexible are they with the hours? I wanted to apply once I get my commercial multi not sure if this is a possibility
Thank you!
I am wondering the same
Old 06-07-2023, 06:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Pipers!

Thanks Kampai, that does help…
Old 06-07-2023, 04:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Default PHX base

For those in the know:

How hard is it to get PHX as a new hire FO?

Is it a senior base?

Thanks in advance to those who will answer.