Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Employer threats - What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 11:43 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by Av8tr1 View Post
I’m looking at it right now. It does say if more than 3 segments though. It says if fuel imbalance is suspected land as soon as practicable. If fuel leak suspected land as soon as possible. OPs explanation seemed to imply he was considering a fuel leak due to earlier fuel leak and he doesn’t specify how many segments just that readings were erratic. With erratic readings and a recent fuel leak I’m gonna land even if I just fueled. Sounds like the following day OP was justified.

Ironically I just had my EIS crap out on me mid flight a few nights ago. Somehow I gained about 500lbs in flight. Went from 1450 something to 1988. Plane was grounded the minute I touched down per our MX dept.
The OP's issue is relatively common in those legacy PC12's due to the design of the fuel level indicators, and the QRH procedure is described exactly in that post. You get a drop to 0 on one side that comes back intermittantly. Hand flying will reveal an imbalance, and once on the ground a fuel leak would be evident if one existed. Fuel flow and total burn indications still work and match what would normally be seen on the operative tank side.

Nothing wrong with a return to origin airport to be sure, but not continuing with a valid MEL is a little harder to explain. Definitely not an "experiment" as he suggested. MEL programs exist and are FAA approved for a reason.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

It is a minor event in the grand scheme of things. I wouldn't worry too much about them being able to affect you in the future. If they are leaving former employees bad references than the recruiters at other companies will know about it.

My advice is to ignore their shennannigans and move on.

A lot of times when someone writes some crap like that, they are trying to bait you into responding/ doing something bad.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2019
Position: Retired 747 Ca

Some very good points posted here. You did the right thing.
I think your manager was trying to do his job in the best way he could. He is somewhat under the gun.

I had a different but sobering situation many years ago. I applied to a twin Beech operator for a job a s a D-18 captain having some 300 hours in one. Right away I took a dislike to the owner/chief pilot. He was cocky and bragged about going out over gross. I told him that twin Beech at gross is a handful; over gross is just stupid. That sorta ended the interview.
Three week later that same operator plowed into a home killing 5 people when it appeared they lost an engine right after T/O.

Just something to think about as you are building your career.