Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels Up Operators (Gama, DPJ, TMC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 09:56 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2023
Position: B767 FO

I am currently battling WheelsUp because I took the retention bonus and signed my name on the dotted line.

Now, I am holding myself accountable, and trying to make things right (I do plan on paying it back)

That being said, other pilots that ALSO left before their bonus matured are not facing the same consequences.
Be leery of this place.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:40 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Did you (or they) leave due to violations of the terms of agreement, or for unsafe or hostile working conditions/environment, or simply for a better opportunity?

If you have a signed agreement, it doesn't matter how the employer enforces it with others; you're still accountable, whether the employer goes after someone else, or not (the employer may forgive whom it will).

If you did leave for just cause, you may have a legitimate argument to make, your signed agreement not withstanding. Conversely, the employer may pursue action against you, it's relationship to other emplyees not withstanding.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:22 AM
Bent over by buybacks

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
hostile working conditions/environment
"Hostile work environment" could very well come into play. The former Delta system cheif pilot got shunted out of that job, and they had to find somewhere for him to go since he probably refused to return to the line.

So they banished him to Wheels Up as "SVP of Operations."

He is a terrible manager. Aggressive, bellicose, bad people skills, and questionable judgement. It's great he's no longer at Delta, but bad news for folks at Wheels Up.

I highly recommend organizing with ALPA or another union. Maybe even align with Delta ALPA? That would seem to make sense.

Any any case, orgainizing is indispensable when dealing with bad actors like him and the others that will certainly come along after him.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by StoneQOLdCrazy View Post
"Hostile work environment" could very well come into play. The former Delta system cheif pilot got shunted out of that job, and they had to find somewhere for him to go since he probably refused to return to the line.

So they banished him to Wheels Up as "SVP of Operations."

He is a terrible manager. Aggressive, bellicose, bad people skills, and questionable judgement. It's great he's no longer at Delta, but bad news for folks at Wheels Up.

I highly recommend organizing with ALPA or another union. Maybe even align with Delta ALPA? That would seem to make sense.

Any any case, orgainizing is indispensable when dealing with bad actors like him and the others that will certainly come along after him.
Thats hilarious! These guys would all be Union already, if a few screaming idiots at TMC didn't decide to start a campaign to vote the union out after all the guys that knew better left. Get rid of that Union, we'll take care of you! Oh by the way...we sold the company, you're going back to the beechjet, we hired some other corporate scumbags to fly those nicer planes. Thanks for making that happen for us.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:09 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2023
Smile A couple of questions from a very new hire

If anyone can help me out with some info I would appreciate it.

1) Where is training
2) What is the acceptable level of dress during training? Jeans and a Tshirt? dress pans and a button up? Polo shirt? Just need an idea because my current wardrobe is spares.
3) Is there a uniform when working?
3) What size of luggage is best for the King Air?
4) I don’t have any training material yet buy I'm eager to start studying. Any good resources online for learning about the King Air?
5) Does the company pay per diem? I see some old posts about this but nothing recent and nothing in the last year or so.

If you have any other tips or tricks to make my career with Wheels Up enjoyable I would appreciate hearing them.
Old 02-17-2024, 05:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Lookingup228 View Post

1) Where is training
2) What is the acceptable level of dress during training? Jeans and a Tshirt? dress pans and a button up? Polo shirt? Just need an idea because my current wardrobe is spares.
3) Is there a uniform when working?
3) What size of luggage is best for the King Air?
4) I don’t have any training material yet buy I'm eager to start studying. Any good resources online for learning about the King Air?
5) Does the company pay per diem? I see some old posts about this but nothing recent and nothing in the last year or so.

If you have any other tips or tricks to make my career with Wheels Up enjoyable I would appreciate hearing them.
I would think, that a company of their size, would have provided the information either during the interview, CJO, or verbally. Take a look at your paperwork. Some training, via CBT, I would guess, will allow you access to the company's GOM. Dress code(s) are generally a part there in. Good luck and enjoy the King Air. Great airplane!
Old 02-17-2024, 06:29 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by Lookingup228 View Post

1) Where is training Indoc in Shelton, CT then usually at CAE New Jersey or FlightSafety Teterboro
Most people wore slacks and a button up shirt or sweater
3) Is there a uniform when working? Polo shirt, horrible wool pants, Karbon jacket
3) What size of luggage is best for the King Air? 22 inch rollerboard, the Travel Pro Maxlite 5 seems to be the most popular
4) I don’t have any training material yet buy I'm eager to start studying. Any good resources online for learning about the King Air? I have the FlightSafety King Air 350 Pilot Training Manual somewhere maybe, if I find it I'll pm you a copy
5) Does the company pay per diem? I see some old posts about this but nothing recent and nothing in the last year or so. It was around $70 per day when I left around a year ago

Overall I liked the company and operations but the financials are scary.