Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Jetlinx Interview questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 02:57 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019
Default Jetlinx Interview questions

Hey guys
Can someone shed some light on the interview questions that would be asked whether HR and Technical questions and what would be a good source to read from please.
Thank you
Old 07-22-2021, 10:54 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Default Jetlinx interview questions

I would imagine with the fact that they can’t keep pilots it would probably be “Are you a human and do you enjoy never being home?” My personal experience with this company has made it easy to help others stay away.
Old 07-23-2021, 03:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Speed tape and prayers

Any questions from HR would likely be a few TMAAT questions, with a few more of those and maybe basic technical questions coming from the base CP. Seriously though, they can't hold onto pilots...why do you want to go there?
Old 07-23-2021, 05:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Big & Comfy

Originally Posted by Fonzo View Post
Hey guys
Can someone shed some light on the interview questions that would be asked whether HR and Technical questions and what would be a good source to read from please.
Thank you
Basic HR stuff. Accidents, incidents, failures, drinking problems etc.
The technical side is briefing a departure and explaining what you’ll do if you lose comms in VFR then lose comms in IFR on departure.
Alternate requirements, when you need one and requirements for takeoff alternate etc.
Then they’ll ask stuff about your current plane. Fuel capacity, hydraulic system questions and weights. PM for further questions if you’d like.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:52 PM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Released View Post
Basic HR stuff. Accidents, incidents, failures, drinking problems etc.
The technical side is briefing a departure and explaining what you’ll do if you lose comms in VFR then lose comms in IFR on departure.
Alternate requirements, when you need one and requirements for takeoff alternate etc.
Then they’ll ask stuff about your current plane. Fuel capacity, hydraulic system questions and weights. PM for further questions if you’d like.
“Do you have a pulse?”
”Can you fog a mirror?”
”Are you OK with a floating duty start time, just in case the pax decide to show up a few hours late?”
“No drinking problem, no problem. We can solve that after a few bid periods, when you never get what you bid for?”
Old 07-25-2021, 11:47 AM
On Reserve

Default More interview Questions

Is it ok that we aren’t honest with our expectations of you?
Is your family ok with you only getting to see them for 10 hours in between trips?
How do you handle change like when our 1 day trips turn into 10?
How do you feel about a DO who calls you on your days off to berate you for denying to fly a trip that was planned overweight by FC only to tell you he would have found a way to do it?

All of these 135 operations are quickly turning into bottom feeders. There is a reason they all make you sign a training contract, it’s because they can’t treat you well enough for you to stay without coercion or having to pay blood money to leave.

QUOTE=Dubh;3268093]“Do you have a pulse?”
”Can you fog a mirror?”
”Are you OK with a floating duty start time, just in case the pax decide to show up a few hours late?”
“No drinking problem, no problem. We can solve that after a few bid periods, when you never get what you bid for?”[/QUOTE]
Old 10-28-2021, 11:16 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2021
Default Nothing but lies

The turnover at Jetlinx in the office was 30% monthly. The turnover in the pilot ranks flying light jets and medium jets was even more so.

When I wore their uniform, more "former employees" approached me to tell what a nightmare Jetlinx was for them. I was for me also.

All they did was Lie, month to month, lie after lie.....

go anywhere but Jetlinx
Old 10-28-2021, 07:35 PM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Shutupcarl View Post
The turnover at Jetlinx in the office was 30% monthly. The turnover in the pilot ranks flying light jets and medium jets was even more so.

When I wore their uniform, more "former employees" approached me to tell what a nightmare Jetlinx was for them. I was for me also.

All they did was Lie, month to month, lie after lie.....

go anywhere but Jetlinx
^^^^^this^^^^^^
All of us know at lease one former JetStinx pilot.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:40 AM
On Reserve

Default JetStinx 👎🏻

Go somewhere else. JetLinx is trying to be a big player but their CEO inherited this company from daddy and doesn’t know the first thing about flying or even care about pilot inputs. He listens to the only other employee that was willing to stay for 20 years, his DO who is a complete window licker. Unprofessional operation with zero future potential for advancement once hired. There is a reason there are always 30 or more job listings because they can’t keep people working there and currently can’t keep owners from taking their planes elsewhere. Just another 134.5 operation pretending to operate as 135.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:14 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2021
Default JetStinx

Originally Posted by USAFPilot85 View Post
Go somewhere else. JetLinx is trying to be a big player but their CEO inherited this company from daddy and doesn’t know the first thing about flying or even care about pilot inputs. He listens to the only other employee that was willing to stay for 20 years, his DO who is a complete window licker. Unprofessional operation with zero future potential for advancement once hired. There is a reason there are always 30 or more job listings because they can’t keep people working there and currently can’t keep owners from taking their planes elsewhere. Just another 134.5 operation pretending to operate as 135.
CEO sold 49% of the company to private equity a few months back --- they totally flew their crews into the ground to inflate sales and revenue. This place is a one way ticket to working every weekend and chronic fatigue. Drive Uber or Lyft before getting involved in the total 135 nightmare.