Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

EJM Terms & Conditions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 06:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left
Default EJM Terms & Conditions

Looks like EJM, like a lot of charter operators these days, has a lot of openings:

https://careers.netjets.com/ejm/go/E...Direction=desc

Is it a matter of pilot attrition to the airlines or is it that so many new jets being bought, added and managed by EJM that they can’t keep up with hiring?

Some other questions:

- How do salaries/conditions compare at EJM vs some of the other 135 operators at the high end for Gulfstreams/Globals/Falcons? Looks like quite a few openings for people who want to fly newer equipment….

- What would you say are the pros and cons of flying for EJM? I know that it can be dependent on the specific aircraft owner/contract.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool EJM is a quality operation..

Hey David,

To answer your question, EJM is a quality operation.. IMHO, it is essentially Netjets without the CBA, although the CBA is pretty darn important sometimes. EJM pilots enjoy excellent pay, the same health insurance benefits and loss of license benefits as NJ pilots, the 3 Netjets crew meals per day, rental cars, etc.. It is a pretty good gig according a great friend of mine who started there almost a year ago.

The only drawbacks I know of there are that unless you are a floater with an 8/6 schedule, you do not have a schedule per se as they manage a lot of accounts.. which is a deal breaker for me But I don’t work there so let’s see if I can get my buddy Amphibian to answer your question. So with everything I have heard from Amphibian, it’s a quality operation. Why don’t you PM him to get a better picture. He won’t steer you wrong.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

A friend of mine was there, and eventually left because he did not like the long segment of days on the road. But, otherwise I think it was good to him. The schedule is really account dependent I believe.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

The pay, QOL and schedule all vary from department to department. It comes down to what the owner wants and doesn't want, and how the department lead runs the department.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool Beware the 2 and 3 pilot accounts..

Absolutely!

Much like JetLinx, beware the two and three pilot accounts…. This shows that the owners really don’t want to invest in a real flight department and the best that you can ever hope for is a 10/5 schedule. What happens when you or a family member gets sick, has an important event, etc? They go get contractors whom they don’t know who live all over the Country, but their core pilots must live where the plane is.

The pilot shortage has finally hit the Corporate world, with their pilots leaving for the Majors in droves. I feel that we are finally reaching the “bridge to far” when Coca Cola is advertising for pilots, and the 30+ year grip that the Corporate world is slipping to the point that the are going to actually offer real schedules and even home basing. IMHO…
Old 10-13-2022, 03:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

What flight departments are really going to have to do is get over their "fear" of hiring retired airline pilots. That's gonna be about the only way they are going to be able to staff their airplanes very shortly. And it is only a temporary fix.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Pilot4000 View Post
What flight departments are really going to have to do is get over their "fear" of hiring retired airline pilots. That's gonna be about the only way they are going to be able to staff their airplanes very shortly. And it is only a temporary fix.
what is the rationale behind flight departments not wanting to hire a retired airline pilot? Sure there’s the age but they are coming with a ton of experience and they probably already have health care and that’s an expense of the flight department doesn’t need to pay
Old 10-14-2022, 09:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool Dumb reasons, IMHO..

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
what is the rationale behind flight departments not wanting to hire a retired airline pilot? Sure there’s the age but they are coming with a ton of experience and they probably already have health care and that’s an expense of the flight department doesn’t need to pay
Here are some of the dumb reasons that I have heard as a former Part 121 Cargo guy on why “they” don’t want to hire retired 121 pilots..

1) They (retirees) can’t or don’t want to work at our athletic pace in Part 135 charter or Fractional 91K.
2) They are all Prima Donnas..
3) They will have a hard time flying as an FO with a younger Captain.
4) They will bring “the Union” here.. LOL!
5) They had their time…. Give someone else a chance!
6) They won’t be willing to lift bags, vacuum, straighten, or clean. Etc., etc….

Of course, these are all stereotypical anti-121 tropes out there from many who have actually never flown Part 121 or hated life at the Regional.. The above have all been disproven at my Company, where on of our hardest working and thankful to be flying past 65 is an AA retiree. In the 1990’s, a lot of scum bag Part 135’s and 91 Operators didn’t want to hire Part 121 retirees because they brought with them a certain level of safety expectations and propriety expectations that was “inconvenient”.. And there have been a few demanding bad apples, but that hasn’t ruined the batch.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
IMO It comes down to 121 guys following the “rules”. A lot of 135 and I am not saying EMJ here. I’m talking cr@p 135, like to have “gray” rules. People that like to have a more black & white interpretation or like to follow the “rules” have a harder time in 135. Not trying to discourage anyone from flying 135, just don’t say no one warned you. Good luck out there, and fly safe.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Line holder

Originally Posted by AirOverTheLog View Post
IMO It comes down to 121 guys following the “rules”. A lot of 135 and I am not saying EMJ here. I’m talking cr@p 135, like to have “gray” rules. People that like to have a more black & white interpretation or like to follow the “rules” have a harder time in 135. Not trying to discourage anyone from flying 135, just don’t say no one warned you. Good luck out there, and fly safe.

^^^^THIS^^^^^

Increased competition for pilots, greater regulatory scrutiny, and implementation of SMS in 135 will help eradicate the industry of these cockroach operators who exploit pilots, cut corners and endanger the public. No matter how personally painful it may appear, never hesitate to tell these scumbags where to go … no gig is worth your or someone else’s life. And if something ever does happen, rest assured you’re the one they’ll be the first to blame.