#FlyFamily

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 10:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Unhappy I loved the P180!!

Originally Posted by followingdreams View Post
As a pilot for FE, I dont really agree with this. Some fleets are definitely more prone to MX issues but what plane that flies a ton of hours doesnt. I have never experienced "40" changes in times per day. I find it is VERY seldom that times are changed once we are notified of a trip and RARELY do we sit in the pilot lounge for hours. Company is very good at getting us out of the FBO either on a trip or to the hotels. With that being said, on my rotation, I am paid a salary, in return I am giving them 15 days of them telling me where to go and where to fly to....its what the job entails. If they need me to sit and wait for a pop up trip (or a trip they are trying to sell), I sit, if the PAX need to change times, they change times, they are our customers in a very high end business. You see A LOT more NJ and FLEX pilots sitting around then FE pilots. As far as the layoffs, yeah it sucks and there really is no good time to do it. I am not in management and cant say what was or was not put into the decision. I do think there was some fat around Kinston and probably could have timed it better but as companies grow a lot of jobs were added. As the economy gets tighter, sometimes you have to look where to cut. Hopefully those affected land on their feet and find themselves in a better position with the experience the gained at FE. Time will tell what is coming for this entire industry.
Hey Avanti,

I am glad that you have gotten some great interaction with our crews.. As someone with 3407 hours in both the P180 I & II, I know a lot about Maintenance intensive airplanes and planes that break often..Still, I absolutely loved my P180’s and the time I spent flying them.. Man, I sure miss the ProLine 21. I also fly the Citation X, which is also a very MX intensive airplane no matter where it was flown, including Netjets, XO, WUP/Mountain, Hera, or here.

But as far as ALL our planes are broken all the time, I am going to have to disagree and go with Dream’s answer above. I will also disagree about our pilots rotting in FBO lounges more than anyone else.. If anything, we spend much less time rotting than others.. When we land and don’t have another trip yet, we often are often asked if we’ve had lunch and we go. When we get to the hotel, we get a late checkout, as late as 4 PM if you are Marriott Titanium, and stay there until we are called for a trip. So, are we occasionally asked to go standby for a trip? Sure, but this is the exception rather than the rule. There are plenty of things to bash us about here at flyExclusive, but that isn’t one of them.

So now, with the recent layoffs in Kinston HQ, this is the perfect time to pile up on flyExclusive the Company and there is now plenty of ammunition. And you all that know me on here on APC since 2008 know that I have posted both positive AND negative things about this Company in an attempt to be accurate and give a realistic picture of what to expect here. I regularly encourage people to consider Part 121 Legacy, Legacy Cargo, and the more established 91K/Part 135 operators like Netjets, Flexjet, and formerly XO (I no longer steer people there..). I even agree with criticism when it is true, but don’t like lies or hyperbole about the Company without being addressed. I will not defend layoffs nor the timing of them though: That decision came as an utter shock and sadness to me and our entire pilot/employee group, and I am trying to get a Go Fund Me set up for some of those who were laid off at this terrible season for a layoff. So while I get the anger and bile toward our Company about the layoffs and their timing at Chriistmastime, I ask that you all have compassion and expect for your fellow aviators and employees that still work here. As I write this, I am shocked, saddened, and am writing something that I never would have to.. So feel free to pile on, but go easy on your fellow workers..
Old 12-20-2022, 02:22 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Avanti,

I am glad that you have gotten some great interaction with our crews.. As someone with 3407 hours in both the P180 I & II, I know a lot about Maintenance intensive airplanes and planes that break often..Still, I absolutely loved my P180’s and the time I spent flying them.. Man, I sure miss the ProLine 21. I also fly the Citation X, which is also a very MX intensive airplane no matter where it was flown, including Netjets, XO, WUP/Mountain, Hera, or here.

But as far as ALL our planes are broken all the time, I am going to have to disagree and go with Dream’s answer above. I will also disagree about our pilots rotting in FBO lounges more than anyone else.. If anything, we spend much less time rotting than others.. When we land and don’t have another trip yet, we often are often asked if we’ve had lunch and we go. When we get to the hotel, we get a late checkout, as late as 4 PM if you are Marriott Titanium, and stay there until we are called for a trip. So, are we occasionally asked to go standby for a trip? Sure, but this is the exception rather than the rule. There are plenty of things to bash us about here at flyExclusive, but that isn’t one of them.

So now, with the recent layoffs in Kinston HQ, this is the perfect time to pile up on flyExclusive the Company and there is now plenty of ammunition. And you all that know me on here on APC since 2008 know that I have posted both positive AND negative things about this Company in an attempt to be accurate and give a realistic picture of what to expect here. I regularly encourage people to consider Part 121 Legacy, Legacy Cargo, and the more established 91K/Part 135 operators like Netjets, Flexjet, and formerly XO (I no longer steer people there..). I even agree with criticism when it is true, but don’t like lies or hyperbole about the Company without being addressed. I will not defend layoffs nor the timing of them though: That decision came as an utter shock and sadness to me and our entire pilot/employee group, and I am trying to get a Go Fund Me set up for some of those who were laid off at this terrible season for a layoff. So while I get the anger and bile toward our Company about the layoffs and their timing at Chriistmastime, I ask that you all have compassion and expect for your fellow aviators and employees that still work here. As I write this, I am shocked, saddened, and am writing something that I never would have to.. So feel free to pile on, but go easy on your fellow workers..
As a current FE pilot we are all saddened about the layoffs and the unfortunate timing. Having a family I support, I can only imagine the stress and disappointment those people feel. Not trying to make excuses for it. I can only hope it will strengthen the company and make it possible to continue the growth they have experienced. This I hope will in turn create more jobs and opportunities for people in the future. As far as the maintenance and flying, I only experienced one issue that grounded the aircraft. As a crew we were scheduled flights the day before and did not have any major changes if any. We rarely waited around in the FBO and had plenty of rest between duty periods. Not saying that happens all the time but that has been my experience. The aircraft otherwise have been well maintained and a joy to fly. I personally would recommend FE to anyone who asks.
Old 12-22-2022, 08:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am

Originally Posted by Feliz6 View Post
As a current FE pilot we are all saddened about the layoffs and the unfortunate timing. Having a family I support, I can only imagine the stress and disappointment those people feel. Not trying to make excuses for it. I can only hope it will strengthen the company and make it possible to continue the growth they have experienced. This I hope will in turn create more jobs and opportunities for people in the future. As far as the maintenance and flying, I only experienced one issue that grounded the aircraft. As a crew we were scheduled flights the day before and did not have any major changes if any. We rarely waited around in the FBO and had plenty of rest between duty periods. Not saying that happens all the time but that has been my experience. The aircraft otherwise have been well maintained and a joy to fly. I personally would recommend FE to anyone who asks.
how long have you flown for FE?
Old 12-23-2022, 10:41 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2022
Angry

Originally Posted by flyjbh View Post
Just seen on flight aware: Tommy Boy in a Juliet Sierra 172 chasing Jimbo’s Longitude to the BVI, just realizing Danny Boy’s fuel planning will leave him a bit short……..
Tommy Boy beat it out of town after laying off 50+ people by email and text. Bet he's having a nice holiday.
Old 12-23-2022, 10:53 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2022
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
Sadly, many of those put on the street nine days before Christmas are support staff whose backs FE’s growth was built on. They were told they were part of Seagrave’s “Work Family” and that they were building a place for their children to work.
FlyExclusive is a horrible place to work. Run as fast as you can away from there. Run as fast as Tommy Boy and Jimmy Seagrave did when they left town after laying off 50 people.
Old 09-02-2023, 08:48 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2021
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JJHart View Post
FlyExclusive is a horrible place to work. Run as fast as you can away from there. Run as fast as Tommy Boy and Jimmy Seagrave did when they left town after laying off 50 people.
Lol so true! 👍