Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

#FlyFamily

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 10:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am
Default #FlyFamily

Just seen on flight aware: Tommy Boy in a Juliet Sierra 172 chasing Jimbo’s Longitude to the BVI, just realizing Danny Boy’s fuel planning will leave him a bit short……..
Attached Images
Old 12-18-2022, 10:40 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by flyjbh View Post
Just seen on flight aware: Tommy Boy in a Juliet Sierra 172 chasing Jimbo’s Longitude to the BVI, just realizing Danny Boy’s fuel planning will leave him a bit short……..
💀 🤣 💀 🤣

straight out the chicken farm! 🐔
Old 12-18-2022, 12:05 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Even if the initial post were in English and used complete sentences with some guide to explain, it would still only make sense to millennials and below.
Old 12-18-2022, 05:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Even if the initial post were in English and used complete sentences with some guide to explain, it would still only make sense to millennials and below.
or folks that have worked there.
Old 12-18-2022, 06:08 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

There's a company called "#FlyFamily?"
Old 12-18-2022, 08:53 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2022

Ive interacted a ton with Fly exclusive, Nice crews, BUT their planes are broken ALWAYS, the company changes their departure times 40 times a day and then cancels their trip while they wait in the pilot's lounge for hours. its just (from what I've heard) a dumpster fire and laying off 50 employees before the holidays while the CEO files out of the country on his private jet just further proves that. #FlyFamily my ass
Old 12-19-2022, 07:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot
Default Fly Family No More!

Sadly, many of those put on the street nine days before Christmas are support staff whose backs FE’s growth was built on. They were told they were part of Seagrave’s “Work Family” and that they were building a place for their children to work.
Attached Images
Old 12-19-2022, 02:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Anyone active with general aviation out in North Carolina boycott Crystal Coast Aviation at Beaufort, NC (MRH), the sole FBO at the airport. Seagrave owns it and the building is littered with fly exclusive all over. Hell they even have a crew car with fly exclusive painted on it. Pass the word around to all your pilot pals who frequent the coast to bypass.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:43 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2022

https://www.witn.com/2022/12/20/work...usive-kinston/
Old 12-20-2022, 07:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by AvantiDriver View Post
Ive interacted a ton with Fly exclusive, Nice crews, BUT their planes are broken ALWAYS, the company changes their departure times 40 times a day and then cancels their trip while they wait in the pilot's lounge for hours. its just (from what I've heard) a dumpster fire and laying off 50 employees before the holidays while the CEO files out of the country on his private jet just further proves that. #FlyFamily my ass
As a pilot for FE, I dont really agree with this. Some fleets are definitely more prone to MX issues but what plane that flies a ton of hours doesnt. I have never experienced "40" changes in times per day. I find it is VERY seldom that times are changed once we are notified of a trip and RARELY do we sit in the pilot lounge for hours. Company is very good at getting us out of the FBO either on a trip or to the hotels. With that being said, on my rotation, I am paid a salary, in return I am giving them 15 days of them telling me where to go and where to fly to....its what the job entails. If they need me to sit and wait for a pop up trip (or a trip they are trying to sell), I sit, if the PAX need to change times, they change times, they are our customers in a very high end business. You see A LOT more NJ and FLEX pilots sitting around then FE pilots. As far as the layoffs, yeah it sucks and there really is no good time to do it. I am not in management and cant say what was or was not put into the decision. I do think there was some fat around Kinston and probably could have timed it better but as companies grow a lot of jobs were added. As the economy gets tighter, sometimes you have to look where to cut. Hopefully those affected land on their feet and find themselves in a better position with the experience the gained at FE. Time will tell what is coming for this entire industry.