Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

AirNet Lowering Minimums?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by IlliniPilot99 View Post
Sounds like a good deal, How low are they going...i know the more hours the better but are they hiring 250TT guys or are 500- 700 the norm???

I have a former instructor right there and he loves it...saying he makes good money, the only thing is you are flying back side of the clock monday through thursday so u have the weekends free unless you want to pick up some extra flights.
From what I've heard/been told pay for sic prop is around $7-8/hr untill you hit 135 mins and get upgraded to PIC in a prop. I also believe that there is some type of contract associated with getting all that ME time so that people can't just jump ship after they reach 135 mins. I'm not positive but I spoke with one of their head flight guys when they were at WMU and that is what I got out of it. At that time they didn't want anyone with less than 500tt because that is just more time that pilot will need before they reach 135 mins and can actually use them. I would like to do 135 at some point, Airnet was/is what I'm looking at. However I need to get more time doing the CFI thing
Old 10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Prop SIC hourly rate is $7.69 at the moment with AirNet. I do believe the monthly guarantee is 160, or a 40 hr week. The training contract is effective for one year after you have had your 135 PIC check-ride! There are some changes in the works for a training contract. Not entirely sure how the final product will look.

As far as 500 hrs, they would ideally like you to have the 135 minimums, we all know there is a lot of hiring going on right now so if you are persistent enough and fit their profile (good basic instrument skills, theory and flying and judgement/attitude) I'm being told that as low as 200 TT and 100-150 ME time is possible!

If you look at this http://www.airnet.com/Careers/careersFrame.htm you will find some good information. Just remember to bring a little salt as far as pay goes. At AirNet your guarantee is an hourly rate for 40 hours a week. Don't plan on making more than that. Having said that it possible to make more and a lot of the guys do. Obviously the senior guys have a tendency to pick what makes the most.

GL,
Old 10-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007

I looked on their website and it says you can make about 28,000 your first year. If you work an extra 6 or 7 days a month how much more can you expect to make? Do you pick up extra hours on Fridays and weekends? Also is it easy to go from one base to another? For example would it be possible to be based in BUF for a few months and then move to LCK? Would that affect your upgrade time to the Lear?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

First you are a little locked in due to the fact you usually get a run with set days. Either 4 or 5 days a week. You can always sign up for charters and extras, but the frequency depends on where you are based.
If you end up as floater (I guess we call it reserve pilot these days, but go and fly runs for people who left, are on vacation, sick and so on) you are 8 days on and 6 off. Here there is room to exend your rotation, but after 8 days on it's hard to cut into your six off.

You are seatlocked into a base (you can jump runs inside the base) for one year I think. At least this is how it works in the jets. Props might be a little different, but basically the same. Moving around does not affect your ability to upgrade. Having said that you need a minimum set of hours (Some runs fly more and others fly less) to upgrade, the right seniority number and off course your willingness to move aslo affect the time to upgrade.

GL,
Old 10-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

but isn't SIC pretty much worthless ( i guess if its not if ur trying to reach 135 min.)
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

You got it
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: SAABster

I do not like the recruiters at AirNet. Hi bill and Craig. I bet u wish you had hired me when you had the chance. Now I'm a Captain at a regional making more then I ever would at AirNet!!! All prospective pilots shoot for the gold go regional. Force Airnet management to dumb Bill and Craig!!!!! Aerogent turds!!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Talking

Originally Posted by XJPILOT1 View Post
I do not like the recruiters at AirNet. Hi bill and Craig. I bet u wish you had hired me when you had the chance. Now I'm a Captain at a regional making more then I ever would at AirNet!!! All prospective pilots shoot for the gold go regional. Force Airnet management to dumb Bill and Craig!!!!! Aerogent turds!!
I second this post. Those two have to be the most self-centered employess I have ever come across. Bill, you're worthless! Someone who doesn't even have the skills to fly the line should have no imput as to who's capable to fly night IFR and who isn't. You should also know aircraft systems before you start questioning others on 'em, dumb *******. BTW, the VSI is not a primary instrument!! Airnet will cease if these two hang on to hiring responsibilities.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:14 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Ha, I dealt with Craig, and no I didn't get the job. In the end, it worked out best for all, within 2 weeks I had another one, close to home, that I was not forced to an out-base. But hey, things work out for everyone.