Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

AirNet Lowering Minimums?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
But........here's the catch. Now you have to pay 2 pilots for the job of one. Not only that, you're probably paying for someone that can easily jump-ship once they get their year in etc... It's really going to be tough for the next few years for the 135 freight guys just because the way the airlines are soaking people up. Why fly a Baron/Chieftan/310/Caravan when you can fly a shiny jet. It's a tough thing to fight against.
I agree with you completely. The thing is though, if you're a guy who wants to make it to a 135 charter company, fractional, or corporate flight ops, the multi pic time is golden. It really jsut depends on what you want to do.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007

I guess there's nothing stopping Airnet from hiring like the regionals do. Hire a low time guy, make him a "first officer" in the Baron/Caravan, and when he hits 1200 hours upgrade him to PIC. Like belliott said, they'd be breeding their own pilots.

I'm a low time guy. I'd sign up for that.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

Default hi

What about 1500TT get on with Airnet as SIC on Lear?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Anyone starting at AirNet has to start in the props. In order to get to a jet you have to "put in your time". That means a certain amount of hours before bidding (although, if nobody qualified bids the Company has been known to be flexible) and that you have senority.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:57 AM
Reserve Indefinitely

Joined APC: Oct 2006

I did a search and there doesnt seem to be anything recent on it. What is the QOL at Airnet? Where do new hires get as a base? Whats the norm on hours per day/month/year? As a new hire what equipment are you put on? I have a few more but I think that will get me for now. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by pilot_man View Post
I did a search and there doesnt seem to be anything recent on it. What is the QOL at Airnet? Where do new hires get as a base? Whats the norm on hours per day/month/year? As a new hire what equipment are you put on? I have a few more but I think that will get me for now. Thanks for the help!
Just do a search on here for AirNet you should find some descent info. I'll try to answer a few from what I have found.

1.) Can't answer that one, as I have never worked at AirNet.

2.) From what I have read there is no particular new hire base, they send you where they need to fill a slot. Their website has a list of all their prop and jet bases.

3.) Depends on the run.

4.) Baron/Caravan/Navajo
Old 07-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Reserve Indefinitely

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Thanks for the reply, I did a search but all I saw was stuff from 06, so I figured I would ask and try and get some more recent info.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

I just posted this here:

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/sh...ad.php?t=14618

I'll try and answer some of your other questions.

We get paid for what amount to a 40 hour week. That's the minimum. You can fly more and will get paid extra for that. It depends on what your assigment will be. Some runs flys A LOT and others don't. I would recommend to plan your life around the 40 hrs. Things change fast.

QL, is always hard question to answer. People like different things. Besides it' possible to be asssigned something you absolutely hate. I have been there, but you work the system and improve your situation.

What I find people is having the hardest time with is having a "normal" life. I personally think it a little like "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence", but working night is harder than days. You conduct your professional life at night and find yourself constantly making compromises with the rest of your life because of it. Now I'm not complaining, I have no regrets, but you have to realize this and manage it.

AirNet has no new hire base, if anything you might be held at LCK while you are being assigned a base. This should not be much of a problem since turn over rates are pretty high right now and we need pilots.

Everybody get's trained on the baron out initial training. Then you will get an assignment and that will determine what other aircraft you will get.

GL,
Old 10-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Sounds like a good deal, How low are they going...i know the more hours the better but are they hiring 250TT guys or are 500- 700 the norm???

I have a former instructor right there and he loves it...saying he makes good money, the only thing is you are flying back side of the clock monday through thursday so u have the weekends free unless you want to pick up some extra flights.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Math Teacher

Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
I guess there's nothing stopping Airnet from hiring like the regionals do. Hire a low time guy, make him a "first officer" in the Baron/Caravan, and when he hits 1200 hours upgrade him to PIC. Like belliott said, they'd be breeding their own pilots.

I'm a low time guy. I'd sign up for that.

Sounds like a plan.

Just as a previous post stated that guys are getting their 1000-1200TT and then jumping ship. The new business & market strategy for Part 135 companies/carriers is to mirror what the regionals are doing in terms of employee retention. JMO as well.

atp