Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

I met a couple Metro direct hires last month, they were headed to CVG upon completion of training.

Not an easy task, but if you're up for it, put your stuff in and talk to Sheri in recruiting.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Aviator89 View Post
So the emb120, metro and 1900? Without type rating+ significant time in type+ significant previous 135 time. Not likely. Its posted online.

Ameriflight LLC
Yea don't take this to heart... Guys do get hired directly into the metro at least. I was one..just have some kind of experience to back up your sales pitch to Sheri and have the skill to back it up during training.

Sell yourself, they'll entertain you and if not then at least you tried and they'll always be hiring.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

I know of at least 3 direct hires to typed airplanes in recent months. (Metro and 1900. A direct hire to the left seat of the E120 probably won't happen. At least it hasn't for several years.) It all depends on where you are willing to go. There are some runs that either because of location or low flight time are always difficult to fill internally.

As for the guys making such a big deal about how Martinaire is so much better -- if that is the case, why are there 4 former Martinaire pilots just at the DFW base? They must have some reason they preferred to come to AMF.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Martinaire has shady maintenance. There i said it. And they push pilots to break far's and do unsafe things. If any martinaire drivers comment on this they may not have pushed YOU to do those things. But have friends that have been told to do some pretty stupid stuff.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: 737 CA

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
Martinaire has shady maintenance. There i said it. And they push pilots to break far's and do unsafe things.
Whaaaaa...? Martinaire has outstanding maintenance. I can guarantee the CP over there (who has a great reputation) or ACP (who I personally know) would back up a pilot on any go/no go decision. You sure you aren't mixing them up with GTA? Shady maintenance and breaking FARs sounds...GTAish...

I know they've had guys leave to AMF to get multi time. Hard to build multi in a Caravan...
Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
As for the guys making such a big deal about how Martinaire is so much better -- if that is the case, why are there 4 former Martinaire pilots just at the DFW base? They must have some reason they preferred to come to AMF.
Nobody is saying its better, people are saying that Martinaire is now paying better than Ameriflight on the new hire end, which speaks to many problems, IMO.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Martinaire has shady maintenance. There i said it. And they push pilots to break far's and do unsafe things. If any martinaire drivers comment on this they may not have pushed YOU to do those things. But have friends that have been told to do some pretty stupid stuff.
Wow, first I've heard of that, sounds more like AMF.
"It broke at a mx base that wasn't even on your route?!?"
level: freight pilot.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
Whaaaaa...? Martinaire has outstanding maintenance. I can guarantee the CP over there (who has a great reputation) or ACP (who I personally know) would back up a pilot on any go/no go decision. You sure you aren't mixing them up with GTA? Shady maintenance and breaking FARs sounds...GTAish...

I know they've had guys leave to AMF to get multi time. Hard to build multi in a Caravan...
I worked with ZS at my previous job and a previous Martinaire guy at my current job. Both had great things to say about the MX. I did hear that the remote MX, which uses contractors, is pretty bad.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by 8ballfreight View Post
Wow, first I've heard of that, sounds more like AMF.
"It broke at a mx base that wasn't even on your route?!?"
level: freight pilot.
If there's a place that has worse mx than AMF I don't wanna know....
Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Back to the right side

That was not my experience while at Martinaire. The planes may not be pretty, but everything that needed to work, did. Not sure what your friends told you, but new pilots that are not used to flying with MEL equipment may be taken aback at first with flying with differed items. I know for a fact the CP and ACP will back their pilots if there is ever any doubt to the airworthiness of an aircraft.