Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:24 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2010

so i got the call again from amflight. i was called before the downturn and then cancelled. but to make a long story short its on again. i was told oakland is pretty open cause the cost of living is high there and pilots dont care to much for that. so i guess my question is alot of people say you go out early morn and come back late afternoon. whats this mean out a 5am and in at 9pm or a little less of a day. does anybody know how oakland is. fun or what. i live in san diego. and one last question it seems you make like 28000 to start, but is there a 10% increase a yr if you go turbine. so if anybody has answer would like to hear them. for people thats wondering 1650 tt 350 mutli w 135 time
thanks
Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: CFI

good info, thanks for the update. good luck to you
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by cflight View Post
so i got the call again from amflight. i was called before the downturn and then cancelled. but to make a long story short its on again. i was told oakland is pretty open cause the cost of living is high there and pilots dont care to much for that. so i guess my question is alot of people say you go out early morn and come back late afternoon. whats this mean out a 5am and in at 9pm or a little less of a day. does anybody know how oakland is. fun or what. i live in san diego. and one last question it seems you make like 28000 to start, but is there a 10% increase a yr if you go turbine. so if anybody has answer would like to hear them. for people thats wondering 1650 tt 350 mutli w 135 time
thanks
cflight, if you've haven't already searched, there are some posts back around 1/28/10, around page 75, that discuss the schedule, etc.

For a short while I used to live in the SF Bay area and I can say that some parts of Oakland are not that safe. Living in Alameda, (fun, hip urban neighborhood), Hayward or Fremont (reasonably close to airport) or Livermore (more reasonable rent prices, but a 35-45 min commute and not as much to do) might be better options for you to consider.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by cflight View Post
thanks
10 percent annual turbine retention bonus for type rated planes, 7 percent bonus for the BE99 (year one with the company excluded). Click on "airline profiles" in the top right corner for details.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Airport Hobo

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by NZAV8R View Post
cflight, if you've haven't already searched, there are some posts back around 1/28/10, around page 75, that discuss the schedule, etc.

For a short while I used to live in the SF Bay area and I can say that some parts of Oakland are not that safe. Living in Alameda, (fun, hip urban neighborhood), Hayward or Fremont (reasonably close to airport) or Livermore (more reasonable rent prices, but a 35-45 min commute and not as much to do) might be better options for you to consider.
LOL, that's an understatement!

As someone Bay Area born and raised I would agree with the rest. As far as living goes avoid most of Oakland if you are not from there. Some blocks are totally fine, others you just don't go anywhere near. Unless you have spent a lot of time there you won't know how to tell the difference. Personally, I think most of Oakland does not deserve the reputation it has, but for some areas, it's far worse than you could imagine.

If you want a decent place close to the airport, Alameda is probably your best bet. Otherwise, most of Hayward is alright, I'm partial to Emeryville or Berkeley (having been born there), but a lot don't like it there. You'll either love it or hate it there it seems.

Last edited by flyandive; 08-14-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by find a way View Post
That is pretty accurate. I believe that the only time you stay in hotels overnight is when/if you can't leave due to weather or mx reasons. The days are long, but the good thing is that you are home every night and off weekends.

Just out of curiosity, for all the people that weren't all the way through training when the furlough happened, are they putting you back at your original base assignment? Im curious to see where they are expecting more openings at, PDX or OAK.
Re the furlough-ees, they've all been called back. I think all or most of them came back, and are either in training or on the line except (again, I think) for one guy who's out of the country. They ran a new-hire ground school class this week.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Are there any first year AMF pilots here that would mind sharing what they bring home after taxes and what not?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Are there any first year AMF pilots here that would mind sharing what they bring home after taxes and what not?
monthly or annually? you know there's a payscale on this forum. roughly you're looking at high 20's

Last edited by Luv2Rotate; 08-18-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Yes I can't seem to find that particular forum and I looked through this one I think almost every page. but I am looking for a close to exact number either monthly or bi- weekly as I am considering a job there
Old 08-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: PT Inbound

Gross First Year Pay:
-(40 units per week guaranteed @ $13.40 per unit) = $27,872 ($28,000 advertised)
-$27,872 / 26 weeks (biweekly paychecks = $1,072 Gross per paycheck

Take Home:
-Basic Health Ins package (~$50 per paycheck)
-Single Male with ALL legal deductions on W-4 form (no tax refund or taxes due in April)

*Biweekly Paycheck = $865.74 every payday like clockwork*

Extra units (flying more than your normal run) = 1.5 * block time OR 1* Clock time (which ever gives you more pay)

Last edited by Fly Boy Knight; 08-18-2010 at 05:17 AM.