Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Key Lime Air

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B747 Driver
Default Key Lime Air

I've been trying to get myself relocated to the Colorado area for the past year. I've sent Key Lime Air a resume some time back. Everytime I see them with a hiring post on climbto350 I send them an update to my resume. Any body have any knowledge of what they are looking for because I've heard not a peep back from them. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Line Holder

MusDg, what's your total time? If you have the time to get to SkyWest or even Lakes, do it. Avoid Key Lime Air!!! Not hearing back from those idiots is a blessing. You might even try International Jet or Airnet, both based in Den. Trust me from experience bro, the contracts, schedule, equipment, pay, and total lack of management can really get you in trouble. Either financially or with the feds. It's easy to get Big Shiny Turboprop Syndrome from these guys. They promise you the world and you end up eating sh$t. If you really want to go 135, do some research. There are much better options in the Den. area. Feel free to post any other questions. I'd be glad to help you out. Best of luck.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

hollingsworth, thanks for the info. i've read lots of reviews about key lime. i'm just trying to find a way back out to the front range without loosing all financial stability. i'm sitting with tt: 660, mel: 43, and turbine: 5. i'd love to go to skywest but figured i should get closer to about tt: 800 before i applied. i've even thought about great lakes but those poor guys can't even afford a coffee between flights. any leads you my have will be a great help. i lean more towards fractional, corporate, etc but i'm open to anything.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Send your app into Skywest, the worst they'll say is no.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

A year and a half ago I sent my resume there starting right when I was at 1200tt, and continued sending it over about 6 months, took them probably 10 months to finally call me. It seemed strange as the job was described to me, they wouldn't specify in detail how much I'd fly and continued to say over and over 4-6 month upgrade to metro pic as if they were dangling a carrot in front of me to come interview. They also have some bogus non-prorated contract they discussed, when I heard that I said thanks but no thanks. I know Mayo aviation in Colorado is pretty legit from what I've heard. Keep instructing and build your time and experience and go somewhere more worth while. Make sure you tell prospective employers you have 5 turbine hours too (sorry I couldn't resist), I've been there too, good luck.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Ewfflyer,

I tried to submit an app online with Skywest. I don't know it took or not. As soon as I got on to the screen to enter my times the very next screen that came up said not qualified for position applying. Looks like I'll have to wait.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

JPilot77,

Thanks for the info. I think that what you said is for the best. As much as I desperately want to get back to Colorado I think the easiest way is just to wait my time for a little longer. We've all been there. I figure 5 hours of turbine is better than 0 hours. Getting ready to go on a 15 hour King Air trip so hopefully soon it will be 20. Like you said we've all been there. I see it everyday when I open a students logbook and see 10 hours. I have two prospective jobs out there right now. I'm just waiting for my one contact to get back from Iraq and the to finally put in her retirement paperwork so HR can post the job.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: CL 65, DA-EASy

Try Great Lakes, my buddy over there said there have been some newhires with about 400-500 hours going through the last few months. Their website still says 750ttl and 50 multi but it's worth a shot if flying out of Denver is what you want.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Do you like key lime pie?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by JPilot77 View Post
I know Mayo aviation in Colorado is pretty legit from what I've heard.
I've got a bunch of family in the Denver area and my wife likes the mountains. Do you have any other gouge on Mayo in terms of pay and qol? I checked out their job postings but their mins are still a bit high for me but I've got enough for every regional out there.