Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Caravan crash in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:33 AM

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

Isn't the course $50? I think you have to pay the fee and give proof of US citizenship.

Last edited by Cubdriver; 01-04-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Default Training

I didn't say it was free, Ha... I said it was good, but try signing up and see what happens. When Cessna contacts you back to pay, you can always say you just want to evaluate the program. Tell them were you saw the training advertised. You never know.

Last edited by Amigo; 01-04-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Line Holder

Default Training Site

Cubdriver Did you sign up, and initial of last name.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Former Freight Doggy

Originally Posted by Iflyfr8 View Post
For the most part same old, same old.

I don't know if we will ever really know all the how's and why's, but it's very quiet and nothing new at the moment. It's just all around sad and very confusing.

Management has publicly said that there will be a new airplane on the property at the end of this new year. As far as I can figure out, it seems the (right now) conversation is focused on the BAE31 and SAAB340.

And that "drive" that we talked about so much before you left seems to have died!

Enjoying your new gig?
IflyFr8
Sorry this took so long,

The new gig is great. Can't land the stupid thing to save my life, but the people are great. Training wasn't a big deal and hopefully reserve won't be too long. I'm glad to hear that big planes may be on the way. Between the two you listed, I hope the Saab instead of the BAE. I have one more IOE trip to do. Then it is off to the line. If you are down in the ATL area, give me a call.

CMI
Old 03-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Line Holder

Default Caravan Flight in Ice

http://www.avweb.com/podcast/podcast/196863-1.html

This is direct from an operator that operates Caravans and other planes for Cargo hauling. Listen to his opinion on the Caravan in regards to flight into known icing.

The Caravan, if treated with the respect will fly very well in icing conditions as long as you know when to quit and get out, like any airplane. Main thing is to follow the limitations and stay above minimum airspeed.

The tail does not have an upload at all. Cessna with regards to the Caravan; does mandate the flaps be extended when below the minimum airspeed in icing to help prevent a wing stall not a tail stall.

I have flown this plane in the worst possible ice and it tells you when it doesn't like the situation so get out and also it does not have a problem flying in the ice as long as you follow the manufactuers recommendations for flight in icing.