Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

"English Proficient" on your license?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: B737 FO
Default "English Proficient" on your license?

I haven't seen anyone else post this anywhere. As of March 5, everyone has to have an "English Proficient" stamp on the back of your license to fly international. Its some new ICAO rule that we have to abide by. I just ordered mine online from the FAA website. It says just to order a re-issuance and it will have the English thing on the back. Cost $2 and takes 2 weeks to deliver. Sorry I didn't post this earlier but your company should have told you about it by now.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

I'm planning on my ATP ride at the end of March, so I'm not really worried about it. Talk about a stupid detail though if you really think about it. Typical government BS!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
APC's Hired Help

Joined APC: Dec 2005

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/sh...ad.php?t=22497
Old 02-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: B737 FO

Didn't know it was a repost, sorry
Old 02-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Just an FYI, the FAA and ICAO released updated information yesterday or today that extends the deadline for "relicensing" until March 5, 2009. There are also provisions that extend allowances for "non english proficient" workers through 2011.

~J

From the ICAO FLIGHT SAFETY (FLS) SECTION-PERSONNEL LICENSING:

Has the deadline of 5 March 2008 for the implementation of the language proficiency requirements been changed?

No, the applicability date of 5 March 2008 is retained. However, the 36th Assembly of ICAO (September 2007) urged Contracting States to accept in their own airspace until 5 March 2011, pilots from other States that are not in a position to comply with the language proficiency requirements by 5 March 2008 provided that the States that issued or rendered valid the licenses post on the ICAO Flight Safety Exchange FSIX their language proficiency implementation plans. In addition, the Assembly also urged Contracting States not to restrict their operators, conducting commercial or general aviation operations, from entering the airspace of other Contracting States where air traffic controllers or radio station operators do not yet meet the language proficiency requirements until 5 March 2011, provided that those States post their language proficiency implementation plans. The plan shall describe:

the steps that are taken to achieve compliance with the language proficiency requirement by March 2011; and

the interim measures that are in place to mitigate risk, as required, for pilots, air traffic controllers and aeronautical station operators involved in international operations.
Guidelines to States on the development of implementation plans are contained in State Letter 07/68 dated 26 October 2007 which is available in Arabic (ar), Chinese (zh), English (en), French (fr), Russian (ru) and Spanish (es) at http://www.icao.int/fsix/lp.cfm.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Line Holder

Position: G 550 Captain

For those who never changed there SS# can change them now for free on the FAA website. New certificates should be received in about two weeks. After you change your SS# just have them email you a copy of certificate info. All this takes about 5 minutes.